Forums

Orkfia layout

Closed Sticky hardar opened this discussion on 21st August 2016

Scarlet October 2016

Can't find elder options in mobile.

Sanzo October 2016

HaRRy [:D]

Smokey November 2016

Please for the love of god align the grids top left and have the superfluous information below or to the right.

Sangez November 2016

The chat on mobike sucks.. cant see what im typing and then no text showed up

d0nc35 November 2016

Can i suggest logout button on menu for mobile version ? Ty

Smokey November 2016

I suggest compressing the top header of the mobile site. Please remove the citizens and replace it with orkfia moble. Move the citizens to the show stats drop down panel instead. Whenever mobile keyboards popup, we cannot see what's being typed with so much space taken up by menus.

I also suggest removing the left column of forums with a users' name. Just remove it and better identify the user in the bolded text above the post.

rEdL|nE November 2016

Please make the top bar smaller on mobile: it takes half of the screen. If I try to check my resources and buy stuff from the market I see: top bar + keyboard aka no more page. That ain't right!

Someguy November 2016

Make an app cause the mobile version needs a lot of work an app would begin by being designed for mobile devices atm its so hard to do anything i know you guys are working hard on things and making it right but i know for me without a quick and efficient site im a sitting duck in wars as the mobile sites lies not hating on it just want it to be fixed thank you

bill November 2016

Good work on the responsive work hardar.

Someguy - app doesn't make sense. Supporting multiple code bases is a bad move for a game that has donated dev time.

An overhaul this big will take time to refine, for first release I think it's really solid. All the bugs are very small or minor inconveniences.

Scarlet November 2016

Highlighting staff tab when awaiting name change or merger came into old theme recently, and I'd love to have it back :)
Also no table width value on a few staff pages.

No rush on these ones though. Keep up the good work [up]

hardar November 2016

Clicking “chat” button on mobile now opens the chat windows at the very bottom, just scroll down a bit more if it doesn't show.

Chat is also available at Community/chat page

hardar November 2016

Time to have a look back at this topic.

Bolle
posted 3 days ago.Edit - Quick Edit -
I don't mind it, and I'm sure there's a lot of attachment to the old interface.. this might draw new players.

I do wish there'd be a darker green option for the background. The foresty one is still rather hard on the eyes in the evening, so I settled on pink [;)]

More color schemes may be added. The original idea was to have a ligh and a dark theme for each color.

Sanzo
How do I get chat to appear on mobile?

[/quote]
Fixed now.

thedritpwnskkkk
how can i get the old background, i can see how dirty my screen is now

[/quote]
https://www.amazon.com/Screen-Cleaner-Kit-Computer-Microfiber/dp/B0047E8DN6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1477902738&sr=8-4

thedritpwnskkkk
i wish the menus would come out below instead of on the side, easy to miss for this gorilla

I tested this, as a accordion like menu and it didn't worked quite well because on small screens (11'/13' laptops).

thedritpwnskkkk
and there is some weirdness with clicking on the side buttons, it messes with the hover functionality of the menus. Also i prefer if clicking on the buttons take you to the first page of respective menus,

Should be fixed now.

GEOM
Oh wow..... I realize how one needs time to get used to change.... but wow.... I am struggling a bit with this new format..... will report back after spending more time with it

gonzi
The menu does not travel down as you scroll like it use to. You have to scroll back up to the top.

Should be fixed now.

GEOM
Where can we find the “Edit post” button?

Edit - Quick Edit buttons should be located on the same line as poster name and time, on the very right end. Waht OS and browser ?

GEOM
Can we get back the function to auto fill 'fields' by clicking on the 'numbers that can be built'? - ie the one that fills it up with the max possible figure

Sorry, not sure how to edit earlier posts

Should be fixed now.

Kappa
Is it just me or is the popup/drop-right menu bar on the left annoying?

When you mouse over Tribe/Alliance/etc, and slowly move your mouse to the right, the pop up disappears. And sometimes when you move your mouse fast so your mouse reaches the text links that pop up, it still disappears. Then when you double click Tribe/Alliance/etc, the pop up becomes permanent until you click something from the pop up menu which can be annoying as well.

Should be fixed now.

d0nc35
Orkfia mobile looks like working properly on win 10 mobile phone.

But, still some miss leading text between long tribe name with the comment box on portrait screen. Must use landscape screen for better reading.

Btw, i not understand how to read my crowns without access tribe page.

I'm not sure to get what you mean about long names and comment box. Could you elaborate?

Kovenant
Im unable to submit bugs on the dev site the bottom submit button on ios10 is too low to be pressed.

On ios10 the tribe main page overview text is on the wrong lines

Ios10, “community” indicate there are new posts constantly while i cant see where its is orange colored with (3) when going to the community there is nothing colored.

Should be fixed. Please report otherwise.

rEdL|nE
@hardar in that case pls make it smaller - I don't need Orkfia Mobile to eat 2/3 of the size. I know I'm on Orkfia and I know I'm on my mobile phone

Smaller header added.

Please use the bug report tracker if you find something not working properly, it's easy to keep track of reported bugs this way.

Thanks.

GEOM November 2016

GEOM
Where can we find the “Edit post” button?

Edit - Quick Edit buttons should be located on the same line as poster name and time, on the very right end. Waht OS and browser ?

Does not work. Mozilla, Opera, Chrome, Safari

Win 7 Pro & ios10

GEOM November 2016

GEOM
Can we get back the function to auto fill 'fields' by clicking on the 'numbers that can be built'? - ie the one that fills it up with the max possible figure

Sorry, not sure how to edit earlier posts

Should be fixed now.

Only works for market. Not military training

hardar November 2016

Try to force reload your browser's cache (or delete local cache) so it downloads the most recent javascript files.

GEOM November 2016

Try to force reload your browser's cache (or delete local cache) so it downloads the most recent javascript files.

Clearing cache works

Kappa November 2016

I can edit/quick edit in Alliance forums but I still don't see the option on World Forums.
Broken image

c0ckatrice November 2016

this is the worse layout for computers ever wish u had 2 ops one for the old layout if u ever go back to the old layout plz email me ill start playing again

Fisk November 2016

Stop whining already cockatrice. I dislike new looks too, but I adapt. Sure there are things to improve, and as you can see; Hardar is working his ass off to fix stuff.

Big thumbs up for your work Hardar![heart][up][up]

Someguy November 2016

Some of the quick links in navigation on the mobile version are so small its hard to click on also
When you click on the orkfia drop down to see your own resources you cannot deposit them from there

hardar November 2016

wish u had 2 ops one for the old layout if u ever go back to the old layout plz email me ill start playing again

It's simply not possible due to changes of the structure.

If it was an option, of course we would have used it to facilitate the transition, unfortunately it is not.

hardar November 2016

Kovenant
Ios10, forum 2nd page (this page) the black bottom bar hovers over your forum post.
I can only see the quote you made.
In the black bar there is “chat” “mail” “forum” “logout”

Fixed.

Kappa
The menu bar on the left has quite a lot of quirks to it. Here's a bug? that I found.

Mouse-over Actions.
Double click Actions make the submenu pop up and stay there.
Mouse over Alliance and Tribe
> The submenu doesn't update when mousing over Alliance and Tribe.
Single click Actions again to make the submenu popup disappear
> Now when you mouse over Actions again, nothing pops up

Fixed

Kovenant
On mobile ios10
Alliance overview shows fame and acres but not strength.

Not a bug.

rEdL|nE
what about moving all the relevant info on the left side and keep extras on the right. for instance on the construction page, you could gimme the info that it costs xx crowns and xx logs per acre on the right side and the actual buildings on the left one so that I don't have to move my mouse too far away from the menu. It's already annoying to use a mouse

In progress.

Smokey
Return to construction broken after constructing buildings, please fix.

Fixed.

gonzi
On mobile if there is a second page in a posted topic, such as this one, the bottom toolbar with the “chat” “mail” and “forum” is in the middle of the page overtop of the replies making it impossible to read any of the replies. The black box of the bottom toolbar extends all the way down to “reply to topic”

Works fine when not on mobile.

Let me know if this is not understood.

Fixed.

rEdL|nE
posted 2 days ago.Edit - Quick Edit -
I get the staff tab highlighted - that shouldn't be the case for non-staffers

Fixed, I think.

dagyrox
The forums use 1 column for poster name and 1 for the post, which also includes the posters name. Can we cut that first column out? Mobile, Android.

Fixed on dev.

d0nc35
ouch.. need scroll up to the top just to logout [:s]

Fixed.

Kappa
Great to see that you've already fixed the submenu pop up staying visible as you move your mouse to it.

You're probably already aware, but the sticky alliance forum topics have the same 'icon' as the non-sticky post. http://i.imgur.com/nIN0wAb.png

Also, unless I'm missing something, it's hard to tell which topic has a new post since there's no visual cues - you have to look at the time of the last post in each topic. I'm not sure if it's easily implemented, but it'd be nice to have either the topic title or the topic icon change color when there's an unread post in it.

I got to work a bit on the forums and improve readability.

Simo
I found some features useful in previous layout missing in new layout:
- Main menu (Tribe, Alliance...) should be clickable and go in Tribe, Alliance page etc..
- Military Page: units to be trained is not clickable anymore

Fixed.

Scarlet
Cannot type in textarea on mobile when part of it leaves screen. Text is invisible and doesn't post.
Broken image

Pasting text allows me to get around this.

Also, on lower res phones the orkfia mobile and logout result in over 1/3 of screen being taken by header / footer. Not sure if intended,but leaves little real estate .

Otherwise mobile so far is saweeeeet!

It should be better now.

Scarlet
Also, images aren't constrained to 100%, so they shrink forum to itty bitty

On the to-do list.

Now i'm gonna close this topic, thanks everyone for feedback but it's much easier to keep track of issues within the bug tracker so please use it to report anything you notice is/seems wrong.

You can of course open a complain thread about the layout, just be sure to also report problems as bugs [:D]

Page 1 2 3