Forums

Ravens

Open Howdheseeme opened this discussion on 15th December 2016

Howdheseeme December 2016

Ive been playing this game for about 2 and a half months now, its a fantastic game, but then there are Ravens. 1 hour return time, no penalties at all for it, can hit some1 over and over no problem. Cant retaliate at all as a caster, so thats fucking awesome. There are soo many fucking races in this game why do you insist on not mixing it up and sticking with something so fucking clearly OP that it is ruining this game. I am hardely having any fucking fun at all cuz of Ravens. You just stuck DE up the ass with nerfs again why not do it to Ravens? They get 1hour return time they should get 1/4 the gains everyone else has. I really want to quit this game now, but at the same time I dont, but the Ravens are clearly over powered, there is no arguing they are not, there is not a single dissadvantage with ALWAYS having ur army 24/7. You can attack and literally have ur army back in 1 second. How is lightning bolt supposed to defend against that? How can any attacker do ANYTHING when a raven can pound em in the ass 3 times for sending out ur army. I have talked to so many p eople in other games about Ravens and every single person thinks they are way too strong. My brother recently just quit this game cuz of ravens and i am soon to follow the same path.. :(

Scumbag December 2016

Not overpowered... pure attackers..if ravens missed the tick, they are worthless in defence.

Nandu December 2016

i'm new and thought the 1 minute return time seemed a bit much, myself; even 2 ticks wouldn't be so bad, imo.

the one thing, though, that i see about them is that you have to hit them all in. so when you get them all in,
you are crushing both their offense and their defense for a double whammy. (no turtle effect) it would also appear
that their small troop size allows for population problems causing them to have serious problems late game if they
do not have a huge land advantage.

of course, i really don't know what i'm talking about so these are simply observations and possibly misinformed
observations without any real game experience.

I am being told its my fault for not being here to retaliate in that 2 second time window I have to get them back, Seriously there is zero penalty or consequence for Ravens to attack, At least with a normal attacker if I force them to send over 1million offense ill take a good chunk out with me, instead of them killing my troops and raping my land, and I can do absolutely nothing about it but log in every day and NOT grow at all.

dagyrox December 2016

^^^ the unspoken balance for the raven 1tick return time. Nanu, you are correct. They also tend to be under powered, lower opa/dpa. This makes them easier targets for other attackers and also limits their prey. So, if you are getting picked apart by a raven, that might mean that your defense is too low.

Scumbag December 2016

attacking ravens.... 1 sec before tick or if you have more offence (with weaps)...

i dont know i thought 267 dpa was good for my small tribe size, I had more troops than i did citizens, I purposefully gave myself a bad citizen to troop ratio for a good defense. And since I couldnt be here for 2 to 3 seconds out of 86,400 seconds in a day, i get punished for it, and can not do any retaliating. And ravens being underpowered, have you not seen that past few ages? Ravens are ALWAYS top all the time, cuz nobody can do shit about em.

Scumbag December 2016

try to play raven next age... so you can see how it goes...

I would rather not be part of the cancerous being that is Ravens, I do not take joy in Raping people into the ground in this game, I dont want other to quit like I am about too.

So it basically sound like from what everyone is telling me. Have way more troops than citizens, dont ever explore its just a waste of money, and dont miss out on the 2 second retaliatory window. some excellent tips................

Auspell December 2016

Believe in Scumbag raven's are not OP, they are even an easy target :)
Been playing Raven since the start of this game.

Scumbag December 2016

it's the game, dude... i'm tplaying this game almost since the beginning.... most of time i played raven and most i got killwd

Auspell December 2016

Yah Scumbag was my elder way back our Orkfia Twelve days
Mostly we play Ravens

Ya this place is much too toxic, I fucking quit look in 40 there will only be 7 now

Auspell December 2016

Well, frustration is real. always happen in this game.

Scumbag December 2016

Auspell just now
Well, frustration is real. always happen in this game.

lol[8)]

Nandu December 2016

yo Howdheseeme,

you just got raped. (at least, i'm assuming so) immediately after getting raped is a bad time to reflect on your
current situation and how to change it. take a day off from the forums. think about if you can find a way within
the confines of the current status of the game to make your gaming experience more enjoyable; either by taking
advantage of what you consider a disparity in race strengths or by creating other goals other than an entire
age of not getting hit. either way, after a day or 2, you'll know better if quitting is really what you want to do
or if you'd prefer to come back with a vengeance next age and bash in some skulls of your own. :)

best of luck to you with whatever your next step is and i hope your day gets better!

dagyrox December 2016

Wow, a live rage quit!!!! never seen one in action before. Too bad :( I'm sure he had potentional, i guess no patience though. and for the record, he wasn't a small tribe. 3249 isn't small. [8)]

Scarlet December 2016

I'm a raven getting owned this age lol. Probs gonna have to reset as something else T_T

Ravens require heavy activity is the issue.

A 75% gains to go along with 75% losses would mitigate his gripe. But I honestly don't think its necessary. Much harder later game as a raven.

Someone make it a suggestion if you think they do need adjustment. [up]

Scarlet December 2016

*looks at WD*
*chuckles*

Too bad he left though. He sent a complaint to me as he left which doesn't really help me solve his issue. [:s]

dagyrox December 2016

naw, scarlet, ravens have their place, i think they are fine. maybe a little OP at beginning of age, but that's all part of the balance of the game.

Smikis December 2016

ravens are old race that had its place in well populated orkfia, with 20 people tribes, attackers being strong and exploring harder. All of those things changed, ravens for w/e reason didn't. Ravens biggest weakness is high attacker population. I mean at least 50 of them, not 5 there are nowadays and out of those 5, 3 will be exploring so ravens don't care much :)

Jolten December 2016

I know a couple ravens hating HEs now

GEOM December 2016

Smikis hit the issue right on the head

Ravens thrive when there is low attacker population.

Even when a Raven grows to >10k acres, an alliance of attackers can still take down that Raven via HnR, coordinated raze or even better coordinated land grabs

We know active ravens are hard to kill (it has to close to a 1 tick kill, or whole alliance turning up at KT) so it's going to take land grabs to really exploit that poor elite efficiency and make the army losses rack up

Can't let them maintain that land lead where they can maintain crazy citizen to military ratios

Jolten December 2016

Ravens are easily deterred. I've been driving them crazy all age.

You can out pump a raven easily. And it's even faster if you can get them turtled up. You just can't be afraid of them.

Jolten December 2016

High elves dwarves and moria are all faster then a raven mid age.
Page 1 2