Forums

Lots of noobie questions

Open NeoReborn opened this discussion on

NeoReborn -

How much is military upkeep for basic and specs and elites and thieves?

How do you calculate standard land gain attacks? Is there an exact formula? Am I limited to who I can invade based on size or networth? If I have insane offense and hit someone twice my land size will my hit give me way more land than if I hit someone my own size? How much of a difference between 100% land size hits and 200% land size hits?

what is beginning of game before invasion possible like? Can i explore in beginning protection/no attack phase? How many hours am I in protection in the beginning phase before attacking? is attacking much better than exploring early on? What is attacking like at out of protection? Is everyone suicidal with offense early on hitting a bunch of inactives for max land gains or is every super cautious they will lose their land right away?

Is overpopulation a serious problem here or can I get away with really low peasants or zero peasants if i get fireballed? What are some ways that people can permanently destroy my tribe and force me to restart? will my peasants drop and kill me if I destroy a bunch of buildings and immediately rebuild them into something else?

Are research percent bonuses based on the land size of the entire alliance or 1 tribe or some other formula? If I was by myself on 1,000 acres would my research percent be 6 times cheaper than someone with 6 1,000 acre players in the alliance and 5 of them not investing anything? Can I be by myself and exclude everyone from my alliance with like a password and raise my own research levels as high as I want by myself with no inactives to lower my research percent level?

I don't understand the market. It looks like I can pay 2 gold to buy 1 gold. That makes no sense. Am I misunderstanding the market?

Sanzo -

A lot of the formulas you asked for are available here:
https://sites.google.com/site/orkfiawiki/basics/formulas

Standard grabs yields roughly 12% of your land size. Targets under 80% your size yield less. The invasions advisor on invasions page gives a close approximate.
You are not limited to who you can attack, but hitting people less than 70% of your size will only yield 1% of their size as gains. I recommend hitting anyone above 80% of your size.

You can explore in the beginning. In the beginning IMHO exploring is a lot less expensive than attacking. Around 3000 acres it starts to get moderately expensive.
Early on, the “slow” attackers (nazguls, dragons) tend to be suicidal

If your citizen population reaches zero, you are forced to restart (with a death bonus). It is recommended that you maintain a good citizen to military ratio.
By destroying your homes, your citizen population can be killed off quickly. By destroying your farms and poisoning your food leaving your tribe with not enough food to feed your population, your citizens will dwindle down at a rate of -20% per hour.
Your citizens will repopulate when there is building hold to support them.

Research is based on total alliance size.

Can I be by myself and exclude everyone from my alliance with like a password and raise my own research levels as high as I want by myself with no inactives to lower my research percent level?

Yes

I don't understand the market. It looks like I can pay 2 gold to buy 1 gold. That makes no sense. Am I misunderstanding the market?

You are misunderstanding the market. Market credits are different than money cr. I can see how this can be confusing [cry]

Hope I got everything. Sorry for formatting... Difficult on phone

NeoReborn -

I am not sure how to get in an alliance by myself. I think I need 3 people to get a password protected alliance and I want a solo password protected alliance. Can I leave my alliance as much as I want during protection time until I find an empty alliance or create my own?

Sanzo -

I shall move your tribe into an empty alliance. Once there you should vote yourself elder. You will not be able to make your alliance private unless there are 3 tribes total. But on the occasion someone is defected to your alliance, you will be able to defect them out.

NeoReborn -

If I explore after attacking, will I not be able to explore as much? It says some of the acres are explored from attacks and there is an explore cap at 25% land size.

Jolten -

Exploring then attacking works better then attacking then exploring.

Exploring after attacking takes into account the explored acres. So for example Explore yield = acres*1.25-(incoming)

Where if you attack after exploring doesn't take into account the incoming acres. For example( explored acres+attack+bonus acres)

NeoReborn -

Thanks for advice. I saw a spell where general returns 1 hour faster. Would that even be useful if army still returns 1 hour later? I don't understand the purpose.

Sanzo -

Hit and Run, Blasphemy Crusade, and Raze require 2hrs General rest time. This spells purpose is to shorten that

NeoReborn -

What about commandeer? It says it gains more land. Does it only take land from exploring and from unbuilt new land?

Fisk -

What about commandeer? It says it gains more land. Does it only take land from exploring and from unbuilt new land?

Correct, it only takes from incomming and unbuilt land, potentially yielding more land. You also suffer less unit losses.

Floki -

How do you deal, as an attacker, with a Tribe that is harassing your alliance, but has dropped to under 75% of your land size.

I have looked at the guide, but I cannot find any attacks that will cause significant damage outside war relations at this point?

Jolten -

Pillages and raids are the best options

Sanzo -

He said under 75%... So we can eliminate pillage [:D]
I think standard grab and raid are good, perhaps crusade as well

Floki -

Thanks. I'll experiment with those.

Sanzo -

You could also get lots of guilds and some academies and do Lightning Bolt

NeoReborn -

Does war increase attack land gains or building gains or increase offense?

I know war makes spies and mages more effective and people can kill you with underpopulation, but is that the only thing to be afraid of in war?

Sanzo -

Raze and crusade damage are increased in war

NeoReborn -

I don't suppose there is any way to see how many credits a tribe has. Adds mystery to game but scares me and makes me paranoid.

Sanzo -

There is no way to know... Unless they are in your alliance :/
You can see how much resources someone is carrying by doing Bribe Accountant (thievery)

NeoReborn -

Winds of Distress
You will smite haunting storms through the barracks of your opponent, making it impossible to rest. Thus being unaffected by the magical advantage Ciorin bestowed upon them.

Negates “Ciorin's Blessing”
Lasts 1 month
~10 fame gained
Quite hard even for a strong mage

Does this affect the next hour change when it says you lost 1 month? Would hitting at the hour change right before another winds of distress went off would make corins blessing work again.

Scarlet -

|------------------|TICK
|--WoDxxxxxxxxxxx|TICK

Ciorions blessing bonus is lost for the remainder of the hour in which Winds of Distress is cast (the x's)

Fixed it Scarlet ~Jolten
Page 1