Forums

Fairy confusion

Open Smiling DM opened this discussion on

Smiling DM -

Just trying to figure out how exactly the mage level is effected by your fame.

Am I right in saying that at 5000 fame each one of my individual academies contributes 5% toward having an extra mage level ie at the start of an age with 500 acres if I had 20 academies built that would be Mage level 4, but because of 5000 fame each of the 20 academies would give 5% toward an additional mage level, so I'd actually be mage level 5?

Sanzo -

No

If you have 4% Academies and 5,000 fame, it means you will have 4*1.05 = 4.2 ML so still ML 4
For example if you have 30% Academies and 10.000 fame, it would be 30*1.1 = 33 ML

Smiling DM -

Thanks for the clarification Sanzo. Another question for you, similar'ish topic.
How is the difficulty for self spells on allies calculated. I've been finding it surprisingly hard to cast even the 4 basics and that's been ranging between ML 3-5. I'm not sure if it's a string of bad luck, or if the difficulty gets increased when casting on someone else. If the difficult is increased, are there factors I should be taking into account or is it just a flat raise in difficulty and should push for higher ML?

Sanzo -

You are casting against your alliance mates' Mage, so if you are same or less ML, it won't be easy. With that said basic self spells should succeed about half the time against someone with the same ML. CB, DH, Seal, and Fountain are much harder than that
Page 1