Forums

Age 42 mid-age change(s)

Closed Archived Bolle opened this discussion on

Bolle -

If all goes well, the Market change will be announced here as well. However, I am posting this because of a fix of heritage which has been implemented. It is a fix because it fixes the problems related to the removal of FoR cost reduction.

I will not go into the details, but it comes down to this:

- when you die, you get starting military. Just like it is now.
- when you die of age or get killed, you get the very same military. Not like it is now.
- You get heritage on top of that military.
- However, the heritage is lowered for the cost of that military.

It's not quite the same, because the cost of the military is not the same for each race. Instead, we added a simple modifier to the heritage formula, effectively removing heritage over the first 400 acres.

The change has been tested dying on several sizes with several races on Devork, and it worked just fine. That is why we are not expecting any trouble as a result of this change.

The effect is that you don't have to pay a price for those initial military. Thus, you start off with the exact same starting amount as other players and can never be disadvantaged. Do not be surprised if your DPA stays around 300 when you get out of protection. That is the way it is supposed to be.

The fix has already been implemented.

There have also been a number of minor bug and display fixes which our coders and you, the players, keep unearthing.

~ Staff

wraith -

so when you die you get normal military?

Bill -

So now everyone, not just those who start at 400 acres get worthless specs that they wont use, now in larger numbers? Or did you only code starting mili that people actually use [:p]

Kalten -

lol i think thats it

Necros -

Bolle -

Oh, sorry. I took the opportunity to change the starting military values as well, yes. The most controversial one is probably giving High Elf a couple of elites.

There were no considerable changes there, however. The DPA was set at, on average, <300 for attackers, with 200+ OPA, and at <350 for explorers.

Bolle -

It appears the wonderful Max_ has fixed the fame gains for destroying 0 weaponries/walls. He'd fixed that for magical void before. It's probably not uploaded yet, but it will be soon.

So if you cast mystical rust on someone with 20 weaponries, no more than the first 20 mystical rusts can possibly give fame. Of course, if you destroy 4 weaponries per spell, you will only gain fame for five spells.

EDIT: Max added Fear and Poison to that as well. Good thing this thread exists..

[EM] -

Now make Announcements highlight yellow :|
Page 1