Forums

Age 43 Changes

Closed Archived Bolle opened this discussion on

Bolle -

Removed from play:

Rept Hai, Uruk Hai, Viking, Raven. They will return in Age 44.

Brought back into play:

Dwarf

Each building holds 100 citz. The following building types do not hold citz (apart from the usual 10-20 specified in the guide): Guilds, Hideouts, Labs.
2 hour build time
Dwarven buildings do not cost wood.
30% max weaponries and walls allowed rather than 20%

0/0; 50 cr.
7/0; 1050 cr.
0/7; 1150 cr.
8/3; 1300 cr.
0/0; 350 cr.

Undead

Can not explore.
Can not cast selfspells.
Do not use basics. Cannot buy basics from the market. Cannot release any basics.
Vampires are immortal.
Undead have a 3 hour attack time.
25% of slain units will join your army as Vampires.
Citizens slain on raids join your population.
Undead also have the unique option to sacrifice their own citizens for rps, gaining 1 rp per 200 citizens sacrificed.

9/0; 1050 cr.
0/8; 850 cr.
7/9; 1300 cr.
0/0; 250 cr.

Balrog

Only 15% homes allowed.
Non-homes hold 50% of normal amount of citizens
Markets/Barracks hold 50% of normal military.
50% of normal farm/yard/mine production.
50% of normal maintenance costs.
+25% damage on destructive attacks (Raze, Pillage, Blasphemy Crusade).

0/0; 50 cr.
13/0; 650 cr.
0/13; 800 cr.
13/13; 1100 cr.
0/0; 250 cr.

Dragon

Balancing traits. (= All buildings hold 20% of normal amount of citizens. Market/Barracks hold 20% of normal military. 50% damage reduction on all building-damaging forces. 20%(!) of normal farm/yard/mine production. 20% of normal maintenance costs.)

3 hour attack time
+25 years lifespan.
20% of normal unit losses.
Cannot sell goods to the market.
Building is free(!)
-50% citz killed by raid, fireball and PW.

5/5; 50 cr.
35/10; 700 cr.
10/40; 850 cr.
60/15; 1450 cr.
5/5; 250 cr.

Spells

Conjured Focus: 1 rp per 500 citz --> 1 rp per 750 citz.

Heal: mana cost x2. Difficulty x1.5.
Cleanse: twice heal's mana cost.

The following changes are to take place on February 12th, prepare well!

In-game tweaks:

Mori Hai

Ogre 6/5 -> 6/4

Wood Elf

0/10 1380 cr --> 0/9 1250 cr

Light Elf

Istar 0/5 1200 cr --> 0/5 1250 cr

Brittonian

0/4 1100 -> 0/4/ 1150

Spirit

Remove trait: Each hideout holds 35 thieves

2/7 780 cr -> 2/7 800 cr

The process of changing the whole game bit by bit means there is some imbalance all the time. We tried to counter this with the in-game tweaks, but it is quite possible we missed something. Good luck finding loopholes in the coming age.
The market (see Age 42 changes) is still under construction. There is no need to worry about it until its introduction is announced for a second time.

Sonix -

Balrogs just seem like a not as extreme version of dragons. Did they lose their magical advantage?

This is gonna be a fun age :P. I love how unique some changes are.

Jolten -

I would suggest not tweaking defensive stats on races already in play. Wait until they're removed from play. Not a big deal with small amounts of units but as you get over 100k units losing 100k raw defense can really hurt.

Sonix -

how to barracks and markets work for dwarves btw?

ScorpiAS -

I like how you removed the Spirit Hos trait and will effectively ruin their efficiency in 1 tick.

Jolten is right - such changes should not be introduced to races that are already in play....

Bolle -

Jolten is of course right, it was a typical case of miscommunication.

The tweaks on races in-game are to take place on February 12th, that is in 13 days. Prepare well!

ScorpiAS -

Much better![heart]

Noodle -

lol Undead now sux worse than before

legend -

Lol undead is now a bad version of the old nazgul who couldn't explore

Canadian1 -

lol if your going to make LE's def specs cost so much at least give them a little face value! they dont look very good in the ranks, they can have like 100 dpa over someone the same size but when you look at them they are 200k under there “strength” in game...

Sonix -

If an undead raids w/ max citizens will they still gain population?

Joe -

Yes, but they will be lost at the tick if you can't hold them (so it would make sense to sacrifice them before).

Each building holds 100 citz. The following building types do not hold citz (apart from the usual 10-20 specified in the guide): Guilds, Hideouts, Labs.

I interpret this as: each building holds, next to its standard amount (10/15/20/100 for market/barracks), 100 additional population. Is this correct?
And it is not stated that homes will be unavailable for Dwarves. I have assumed that they are so far :)

Bolle -

lol if your going to make LE's def specs cost so much at least give them a little face value! they dont look very good in the ranks, they can have like 100 dpa over someone the same size but when you look at them they are 200k under there “strength” in game...

LE were boosted inherently with the introduction of Conjured Focus through increased use of economics science. Also, all efficient explorers received these kinds of nerfs. Their problem in the rankings is their strength as you said. That means it's not a fault of the race but of the strength formula, and hence we should take that on and not the race [:p]

I interpret this as: each building holds, next to its standard amount (10/15/20/100 for market/barracks), 100 additional population. Is this correct?

Yes, that is correct. Though on the long term it would be nice to get rid of those nasty 10/15/20 values.

And it is not stated that homes will be unavailable for Dwarves. I have assumed that they are so far :)

In principle I'd say, whichever is easiest to code - so long as dwarven homes hold only 100 I don't mind. But it's better to simply disable it. That's also how it's been coded in the last version of Dwarves I believe.

robokop -

uploaded changes, except:

The following changes are to take place on February 12th, prepare well!

In-game tweaks:

Mori Hai

Ogre 6/5 -> 6/4

Wood Elf

0/10 1380 cr --> 0/9 1250 cr

Light Elf

Istar 0/5 1200 cr --> 0/5 1250 cr

Brittonian

0/4 1100 -> 0/4/ 1150

Spirit

Remove trait: Each hideout holds 35 thieves

2/7 780 cr -> 2/7 800 cr

robokop -

also included are lots of bug fixes and (minor) code improvements, lots of thanks to max who did most of the coding!

Joe -

Good job Max!!!!

Bolle -

Announcement

Due to coding trouble - inherited from long, long ago - it is not worth the trouble to create a 3 hour attack time for Undead for Vampires. The whole race now has a 3 hour attack time instead of just the vampires.

Hopefully it will be possible in the future to meddle with separate unit return times, meaning your defense is home an hour before it can attack again because your off specs are still out.
Page 1