Forums

alliancesatwar.com

Closed Archived robokop opened this discussion on

robokop -

After a long ordeal and long times of waiting today it has come to it, I now have ownership of the alliancesatwar.com domain. Because of some technicalities it might take a few hours for this to be working everywhere, in the meantime you can use aatw-live.rob-franken.nl

Acwder -

<3

xiannic -

Of course, you can't read this unless you are already using aatw-live.rob-franken.nl [:p]

Awesome for sorting it out, once sorted does that mean alliancesatwar.com will be in the URL bar instead?

robokop -

xiannic: yes that will be the case, within a few days i'll make aatw-live.rob-franken.nl redirect to alliancesatwar.com (not yet though because that would break the whole game for people where the alliancesatwar.com domain doesn't work yet)

Jolten -

0_o and why wouldn't it work for people?

robokop -

DNS (the way to get an address from a domain name) is a distributed system and does caching (memorize what address belonged to a name before) the amount of time this is cached varies from server to server, and since i don't know how long .com tld stuff keeps remembering alliancesatwar.com is some swedish server and not a dutch one i try to keep on the safe side and wait a few days (although the transition is most likely within a few hours done)

Noodle -

yea Ive tryed to get here by using www.alliancesatwar.com but it doesnt work, hadda google it to get back in here

[EM] -

Same here

[EM]duh -

Actually it's working for me now. Woot.

robokop -

you all should see alliancesatwar.com in the url bar of your browser now (apart from the ones who use HaRRy's calc tool on geuze.name/orkfia.

Skyz -

[:)]nice. It is faster,like 2 secs,which is alot at tics.[:)]

sanzi -

[up] +1
Page 1