Forums

Age 48 changes

Closed Archived Bolle opened this discussion on

Bolle -

Orkfia staff proudly presents the changes for age 48. A big thumbs-up to Max for coding the market and science and to AgmAr for joining the coder squad.

Do not forget to nominate people! See http://alliancesatwar.com/aatwards/nominate/

Fame

Each single point of fame above 5000 contributes to your heritage. Your fame heritage is (fame – 5000) *0.2). If you have less than 5000 fame upon death of age, however, you will start 5000 fame. Only dying of age provides heritage, so you start with 5000 fame if you reset or die in any way other than by age.

Science

New decay formula: decay_RPs = 0.05*Acres + 0.007*Rps

Labs no longer affect decay. Max RPA is 20. Rps above this number are instantly lost. You cannot invest more than 20 RPA. 14.4 RPA yields 25% science.

Two new branches:

Growth

- 1% faster citizen regrowth
- 1% increased production from Farms, Yards and Mines
- 1% less citizen & defence required for exploring
- 1% lower crown & log costs to construct buildings
- 0.5% lower military training and exploration costs

20% bonus
- 10% more population.

Combat

- 2% increased effectiveness of Weaponries and Walls
- 1% increased capacity of Hideouts & Guilds
- 1% increased effectiveness of GH/CH' is changed to '1% spells/operations blocked and 1% attack damage reduced.
- 1% faster regeneration of Mana Points & Thievery Points

20% bonus
Generals and troops (including thieves) return 1 hour sooner from any type of attack to a minimum of 2 hours.

Magical Void

Remove the randomness, one MV removes one spell.
If the MV is “successful” but there is no spell to remove, convert it into a fail with the message that it failed cause there was no more spells to remove.

Raid

Raid no longer gives more acres than standard when grabbing targets a lot bigger than you or when grabbing tribes between 45-70%.
Raid no longer gives acres on tribes below 40% of your size.

Races

Dark Elf:
- 5/7 800 cr.

Balrog:
- Devil 15/0 775 cr
- Occultist 0/15 950 cr

Rept Hai:
- Cause 3x losses to attackers when defending
- Hydra 8/3 850 cr

Light Elf:
- Halved mana cost for Magical Void, Cleanse, Heal, SoD and FoR.

Owl
- Swift Feather 0/4 370 cr
- Owl players will receive either swift feathers/8 screechers (0/8 def specs) or swift feathers*100 crowns. Note that this will either increase the amount of military in your tribe or decrease the total defense of your tribe. Which of the two measures will be taken remains to be decided, your input is welcome.

User friendliness

We are working on implementing suggestions on user-friendliness. That is, Dev has accepted them a while ago but the coders haven't had the time yet to code them.

Market buy/sell display changed. By clicking on the number below 'max' it automatically fills in the maximum number of this type of good you can buy/sell.

Market

The market will be changed! See http://alliancesatwar.com/forums/news/407798/age-42-changes-to-the-market/0-4 for a summing up. Here's the basics:

- A tribe's goods are put into the 'unaccounted goods' section upon death (this is already the case).
- The goods in the unaccounted goods section slowly decay.
- Similarly, the deficits (negative amounts of goods, so when it's got - in front and is written in red) in the unaccounted goods section slowly decay!
- The game does whatever it can to prevent this from taking away all the wood in your market stock in a day just because the dead guy pumped all the wood for the whole alliance.
- The game does nothing whatsoever to prevent this from happening with the soldier stock in your market. So pay special attention to that.

War Spoils

Market goods as war spoils are useless, as they won goodies are unaccounted and therefore decay pretty fast, lost goodies are unaccounted and therefore... regenerate pretty fast.

Therefore removed war spoils:
15% of all market goods

~ Orkfia Staff

Do not forget to nominate people! See http://alliancesatwar.com/aatwards/nominate/

d0nc35 -

wowww [up]

Darkwing -

that sux.....I put 1 billion on the market before dying...... [:|]

BiltesKrieg -

Removing war spoils may be a good way to hinder the huge markets accumulated through time on old allies, but it also makes it a lot harder for new alliances that are starting from scratch to build their market.

It seems like an age change focused on old players and old alliances instead of new ones. :(

But please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Bolle -

That's interesting, I thought removing huge markets was in the interest of new players.

The reason the market goods war spoils are removed is that they decay pretty fast as they are added to the unaccounted section of the goods.

Tiia -

my assumption is that by the end of the first age all the alliances will be on equal/similar footing as far as markets go. No longer will the long-established alliances have a major advantage over new alliances resource-wise. Individually it should make little difference.

sanzi -

soldiers decay too? ewww

Deedy -

hmmmm sounds good.. when will it happen? that our market load will be similar with this changing?

BiltesKrieg -

I'll trust the change then :)

Magician -

so may I ask what the penalty is for losing a war?
I feel that by making decay and allowing the war spoils, makes losing a war actually mean something. Right now there is no penalty for surrending just because you are not prepared. (700 fame and X% of 0 research invested is not a big penalty).

Bolle -

Yes Magician, you're very right. We're still looking for either a different source for war spoils, or a way to equally divide market goods between tribes so that the won goods do not decay. But that would also require that goods are bound to credits, so that players don't just lose goods but also the credits attached (else the system gets messed up).

Magician -

ok thanks, glad you guys realize that too :)

sanzi -

just give acres

Bolle -

Same problem sanzi.. how do you divide those acres, who do you take them from, and what happens when people go down to 200 citz upon surrendering because of acre spoils? [:p]

It's definitely an option though. We also thought about doubling fame gains/losses. Another option is to simply add acres*x goods of each type to a tribe's market along with credits upon winning a war, and removing a similar amount of the losers.

Still, our initial thoughts were that the war spoils aren't the main reason people go to war [;)]

Magician -

they would be going to war for market if the market decays faster. And if other alliance loses market then they would not want to lose/surrender. Killing is the reason people go to war so it is frustrating when someone surrenders 10 minutes after war starts.
As a new alliance the spoils from war were very helpful.

k-man -

My biggest issue with the market change is in regards to training new players. In the past I'd have the new players focus on quick grow ie. Running yards and not bothering with keeping the rest of their goods balanced as the older players easily could make it up. Of course now that will have to change and not only will it affect growth speed it adds another tedious layer of education we have to cram down their throats right away.

Tiia -

You can still coordinate your market accordingly - only the insane surpluses will be gone.

Eg: Your older players will need to keep the market filled with the crowns in order for the new players to pump wood.

You can still coordinate 'trading' - just no huge surpluses carrying over from previous lives.

Sonix -

I think its a great way to bring in alliance play because if you don't have ppl pumping crowns, others cant grow with wood. and if you dont have ppl pumping food, you can't go farmless WM.

sanzi -

it sucks for going solo

Tiia -

doh! it's a team game

Pollito -

Owls still badass [:D]

Buffy -

@Bolle the best thing might be to give each tribe of the winning alliance in a war a certain percentage of money/wood etc... In classic back when it was still active this was the case and it seemed to work out okay.

Back in Classic when you won a war you would receive money depending on how long the war went so if you won the war in 35hrs you would receive like 18million cash, if you won it instantly you would get like 3-4million. Maybe doing something alone those lines to give the winning tribes an immediate ability to pump would be a huge boost for people to keep warring because you might be able to outgrow some meanass attackers. Just a thought tho ;)

Bolle -

I just want to point out again that not all goods decay slowly. Only those goods that are owned by no one because their owner has died of age or got killed decay.. not goods you own when you're alive and well. In that sense, it is the same as Classic.

Winning crowns is a nice solution actually, that is generating them out of thin air.. but I don't know what the losers should lose then.

Buffy -

well the losers already lose fame...and they had some people die, I feel like war should be more about giving credit to the victors or the alliance that won than heaping on piles and piles of negativity to the losers they already have to rebuild.

Buffy -

This also might promote more wars if by winning a war you can get a cash jump or something ;)

Darkwing -

still think it will suck. When I explore 25% now, after the explore I buy soldiers from the market and release them into citz. At bigger size these numbers will be huge as 25% won't be possible so need to explore two times 15%......but with this decay this probably will no longer be possible without fucking up my alliance mates.......so as a result growth will be slowed down considerable....especially if you are a light elf as the cost for those are even worse. [:s]
Page 1 2 3