Closed Archived Bolle opened this discussion on

h3artless -

#19 could do it alone [evilgrin]

Smokey -

[evilgrin]

Smokey -

Sorry Double post.

xiannic -

Viewing some changes alone, it's very easy to say that one bad thing may happen. What you have to look at is how all the game mechanics - and the changes (some of which have yet to be implemented) interact with each other.

No longer can alliances just jump into war, certain operations will lead to war, and the gains for being in war are not immediate either so this helps against the co-op problem.

New or small players can now have a lot more fun, if you are 1000 acres and your alliance goes to war, you'll be able to join in, you can fight, you can kill, without the penalties of being under 3k acres. This should in fact make it better for new players, yeah they may die, but there isn't a huge loss to dying, since even a 500 acre tribe can run DMs.

When looking at sizes, for a long time this game has been about acres being the thing to strive for. Well, since the game went to infinity, that is kind of a meaningless statistic, so the decision has been made to go for war and war-kills to determine who is top dog. Sure you may have a big alliance in terms of land, but unless you back it up with war dominance, you are never going to be top dog.

As Bolle and Joe have pointed out, there will be a real challenge to being the number one alliance, and only the best will be able to stay there.

Taub -

regarding war and its future changes, if you have a one man alliance you are pretty much safe from all evil big alliances?

Cecil -

other than the fact that players will target u cause ur solo and do not have support around u

Taub -

yeah but you will be protected by halved damage?

Pollito -

So are the Marshmallow People safe [:o] ???

Sweets -

one man alliance

oxymoron

I look forward to the day of forced full alliances.

Taub -

yeah round them all up so they are easier to shoot [:D]

Sweets -

*shoots Taub[evilgrin]

mazja -

Lmao[evilgrin]

Bolle -

regarding war and its future changes, if you have a one man alliance you are pretty much safe from all evil big alliances?

War is based on alli size and war rankings. So you're not safe.

We might indeed want to add a certain proximity in no. of tribes to the war requirements. But as far as I'm concerned this would only be “you need to have 3 tribes in your alli to be able to war/be warred”.

Taub -

So a 2 man alliance (is that oxymoron too?) is safe from (lethal) bullying?

also alli size must be a pretty wide margin for people to be able to war or not?

Just A Shadow -

say what ever use what ever excuse you need to, you agree, yet you disagree joe.

just because a new age doesn't mean a change is needed.

here is a change, lets find new players. tweak this change that. the player base gets smaller and smaller. selfish changes mean nothing if we can't bring in new players, say what you want but in reality this game is slowly dying and these upsurd changes are making it worse. the guide can't even keep up with them.

make the changes, come next age instead of making tweaks to this and that, let us find ways to bring new players into the game for a real change and go from there.

Taub -

imo new players need to be empowered with damaging ops (like we had with PW)

nothing more fun for a new player then succesfully taking revenge on some-one that is bugging you

that is the experience that makes players stay

xiannic -

What use are new players if they get bored quickly and don't want to play?

The whole redesign of the war system is based on feedback from players that there weren't enough wars and players starting out had not a lot to do, this aims to rectify these issues.

No-one is stopping you from recommending this game to others in order to bring new players in either.

Why all the negative comments? No-one has played under the new rules - a lot have yet to be even coded - and Dev have put a lot of time and effort into coming up with solutions to some known game issues. If when you have played an age or two under the new system, then have some constructive comments on how it can be improved, please do say something, otherwise all this negativity just ensures this games continuing demise.

Bolle -

Well Xiannic, I think they just want more information. I haven't explained the hostility system yet, nor the modifiers to gaining hostility, nor the size modifiers on t/m damage. I kept that out because it would have swamped the announcements.

Sanzo -

yeah its hard to comment on something that will change everything :O

maybe you guys can leak out some info little by little :)

AgmAr -

I'd like to close this topic as it's all about speculation and not about giving good feedback to the changes.

The new war system is very complicated (on of the reasons I couldn't finish coding it in time) and involves a lot of changes.

What Bolle posted is just a teaser, which you should see as an indication of big changes.
The actual War-system thread in the staff forums consists of multiple topics with various pages of information each. Over the following days we'll take the time to create a simple-to-read and easy-to-understand summary which will explain all the changes and the reasons behind them.

As for the Age 50 changes; If you don't agree with a certain change you can use the Suggestions thread with a clear explanation why.
Bugreport forum for bugs as usual.

Just A Shadow -

just like i have always said, see how the players opinions count... it doesn't matter, it will only be and always will be what affects the powers that be. and to think you all thought i was crazy. so yes close the topic, our opinions and points of view are useless and meaningless[:s][evilgrin]

i think you should be stripped of your powewr. i notice the second you disagree with something you want to close or delete the subject. should i just start calling you adolf instead of AgmAr?

and no i am not joking i am dead serious there alice........[evilgrin]

Just A Shadow -

oh just so you know yeah it was me adolf who sent the pm

who gave this clown power? he disagrees he deletes or closes the topic, seriously i am going to start calling him adolf he is a joke. i thought i was douche bag. he makes me look like an angel, and i take that as an insult.

i ever find out what tribe is yours, i am going to show you what it means to be disrespected, for all the players of this game alice and you can mark my words on that. so go ahead close the topic alice, and show us players what we mean to this game adolf[evilgrin]

let me guess you want to ban me now huh, i disagreed with you and made two posts in a row. you all thought i hated sonix... this clown has become my sworn enemy i can at least forgive sonix. this joker never. god i would love to find out what tribe he hides behind and smack it all over the place. we as players now have no right to voice our opinions nor are we allowed to speak it when adolf is around[evilgrin]

AgmAr -

Shadow Fiend:
I'm not sure why you resolve to namecalling when you don't agree with the decision of this topic being closed. After all, even you should be able to recognize the fact you can't discuss new features if the explanation isn't complete.

I agree that Bolle's teaser is a bit cryptic and can be read the wrong way, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that continuing the discussion with only a portion of the new war system explained doesn't work.

This topic is about the changes for Age 50, with a small (very very small) sneak-peak of what Age 51+ will bring.
Since there doesn't seem to be much interest in continuing the discussion about the changes for this age, I feel that the very few who might have questions / suggestions about this age changes are better off at the Suggestions part of the forum.

The new war system (which I very much like, but lacked the time to code it for Age 50) will be explained in the near future in a seperate thread about the upcoming changes.

As for your personal assault; I have no clue as to how and why I deserve such treatment. I hope you realize that we run this game as volunteers, spending our free time (and money as of robokop) into making this game better.
We may have ups and downs every once in a while, but I don't think I (nor any of the other staff) deserve such verbal abuse.
Also, I'd prefer not to be compared to Adolf, as I haven't killed millions of innocent people.

Just A Shadow -

1. how is a post about changes speculation? now all of a sudden we aren't allowed to discuss it? listen here adolf this game has always been for the players, and to take that right away by closing the topic is just sad. there is no justification. what was a peaceful discussion you just turned into words of anger. and yeah that is a threat you better hope i never find out what tribe is yours cause i am going to force you into a world of hell for telling the players we have no right to discuss changes. yes i have taken personal, and as much as i hate soinix he never turned down or shut down players opinions like you.

Sanzo -

This isn't a discussion thread. It's an announcement of the age changes.
The age has already changed, therefore all discussions should be in Game Talk or Suggestions, etc.

Anyway, we will reveal more about next age's changes way before the age change, so don't fret. We will even ask the players for input & feedback.

We believe that your reaction (and most other players') will be more positive when you realize what it is we have planned. At the moment, I don't think Bolle announced enough for anyone outside of staff to have a concrete idea of what is planned. So just have a little patience [:D]

When we announce more, you are free to rant all you want [up]
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6