Forums

Age 51 mid-age changes

Closed Archived Bolle opened this discussion on

Bolle -

Age 51 mid-age changes

Based on the poll results and our current experience with the war system, Development has come up with the following changes:

Hostility modifier

Old: (Raw_hostility_gains) * ((your_alliance_size/no. of tribes)/2000) * (smaller_alli_size/larger_alli_size)
New: (Raw_hostility_gains) * ((your_alliance_size/no. of tribes)/4000) * (smaller_alli_size/larger_alli_size) * (no. of tribes_small_alli/no. of tribes_large alli)

NOTE: In the last part of the formula, alliances are small or large in terms of tribes, not size.

Raw hostility

Surrendering/losing a war now reduces hostility with other alliances by 250. This effect cannot reduce hostility to below 0.

Old: Exploring an acre yields 0.1 or (200/your_size) hostility, whichever is lower.
New: Exploring an acre yields 0.075 or (150/your_size) hostility, whichever is lower.

Old: Stealing a crown yields (2000/target_size)/5000 hostility.
New: Stealing a crown yields 1/10000 or (2000/target_size)/10000 hostility, whichever is lower.

Removed: Destroying one kg of food yields (2000/target_size)/5000 hostility.
New hostility gain: Each successfully cast poison spell yields one raw hostility, provided it deals damage.

Old: Killing military yields (offpoints+defpoints)/55 hostility. Does not include normal military losses.
New: Killing military yields (offpoints+defpoints)/100 hostility. Does not include normal military losses.

Old: You lose 2 hostility each hour until your diplomatic relations are perfectly friendly at 0 hostility
New: You lose 5 hostility each hour until your diplomatic relations are perfectly friendly at 0 hostility.

Power

Old: Killing military yields (offpoints+defpoints)/55 power. Does not include normal military losses
New: Killing military yields (offpoints+defpoints)/100 power. Does not include normal military losses.

BC damage

Old: BC destroys (land*0.04) guilds, hideouts and academies and kills 5% thieves and mystics.
New: BC destroys (land*0.04) academies, (land*0.02) guilds and hideouts, and kills 5% thieves and mystics.

Law and Order

LnO and Dev have cooperated to come up with the following (minor) changes.

– Reset: Allow reset in war for tribes that haven't started yet.

– Merge: a first-come-first-served rule is applied. If a merge is requested before a war starts, the merge is done as soon as possible after the request has been accepted. If a merge is requested after a war has started, Operations will not process the request until that war has ended. Please allow operations to get used to the process, it can be expected that they will make a few mistakes in the coming weeks.

Examples:
1) Bolle wants to join KP and sends a merge request. Then OG is declared on by CD. Bolle is merged nonetheless.
2) Bolle wants to join KP and sends a merge request, but they are at war with CD. Bolle is merged after the war with CD ends.
3) Bolle wants to join KP and sends a merge request, but they are at war with CD. Before the war with CD ends, KP declares war on dota. Bolle is merged once the war with CD ends. After all, the war with dota started only after Bolle requested his merge.

The following is already the case, but we wish to state it clearly nonetheless:

- VM: It is allowed to go in VM during war. If a tribe goes in VM during a war, each of the alliances the tribe is at war with receives power equal to half the tribe's size (tribe_size*0.5 power).

These changes will take effect on the morning of 6 April, CET (= the AatW server time).

Halc -

Old: Exploring an acre yields 0.1 or (200/your_size) hostility, whichever is lower.
New: Exploring an acre yields 0.75 or (150/your_size) hostility, whichever is lower.

do you mean 0.075?

Sanzo -

Hahaha it's April Fools

Nice try though... [;)]

Bolle -

yes I do Halcyon, good point

sanzo's jokes are far too complicated [:|]

Cecil -

what about returning from vaca?

Bolle -

Returning from vacation mode is allowed. Green tribes also count for war declarations, so they're supposed to participate in the war (even though they're green). The idea is that you only use VM if you have no choice, because you can't be around - VM should be disadvantageous to the pausing player/alliance.

max -

Returning from vacation mode is allowed.

But it isn't allowed ><

Cecil -

yeah war blocks all returns from vaca

and given that alliances tend to be in war for very long periods of time...

Pollito -

I thought Bolle was already in KP?

Bolle -

Leaving VM during war will NOT be allowed, at least not during age 51. Apologies for my earlier statement. I do think it ought to be possible though. I'll discuss this with LnO to learn why it's not allowed.

@Pollito, it says “example” [8)]

VorteX -

What about abolishing same-ip restrictions?

Sangez -

Cant it be like if you are family/roomates and you play ork you should write to some1 in dev and prove that you are 2 diffrent persons It can be allowed to use the same Ip? I mean when Im at zelics place and we are both in war its fucked if he made some intels on all in his alli and I made some intels in all of my alli and we cant do anything. Just saying

Cecil -

use ur next door neighbors internet[;)]

robokop -

Changes are uploaded

dumahz -

Stop cheating sangez!

Sanzo -

bolle are u sure you are calcing right? if HnR was changed to those numbers, then it must be bugged cause it still gives insane amounts of power for doing very little

Bolle -

Maybe it's the citz killed on HnR yielding so much?

EDIT: Citz can give pretty much, but it's actually a bug - it still calcs with /55 instead of /100.

It actually makes sense, I probably tested in on hostility; I only added it on hostility; therefore it doesn't count for power... me fails. Anyway, it should be fixed pretty soon.

Old guy -

do citz give power from HnR? Only mention of citz giving power is labeled under a raid.

Kills
Killing a tribe yields target_acres/2 power
Killing military yields (offpoints+defpoints)/55 power.
Killing a thief yields 1/100 power.
Killing a soldier yields 1/200 power.
Killing a citizen on a raid yields 1/250 power.

Bolle -

Killing citz on HnR does give power. I added the 'on a raid' part to distinguish it from 'fireball' (which does NOT yield power this way).

It shows like that in http://alliancesatwar.com/forums/game/518692/age-51-war-system/ as I can't edit closed announcement posts [;)]

I guess I'll update the gametalk post to reflect the current system. EDIT: has been done.

Old guy -

has this HnR bug been fixed yet? If not then it really is bug abuse if it is being used to war block and something should be done about it.

Sonix -

Look. Whether or not the bug has been fixed yet or not, I don't know. But we picked Vikings for a reason and HnR is strong with Vikings even after the changes and we'll still likely be doing it even after these new power changes. If it's bugged - fine, we don't WANT to use it. But if you're going to force a war (literally force...) on us while it's bugged, we're gonna use it because that's why we picked vikings. It's like saying “Ok go raven, but don't attack every tick because something is bugged about it.”

Also, EQs have been the main source of damage this war.

Old guy -

we were told it was fixed before we started war. Then we were told it would be fixed quickly and it took a while to declare second war.

If exploring was accidently free would you do that? It is bug abuse if you do.

Old guy -

you being staff probably suggested it being overpowered anyways. Your vikings are older than the war age changes thread so you could have tried to influence for all I know

Bolle -

Can you guys fight on in world forum? Thanks.

Sonix -

Moved by me, Bolle. See http://alliancesatwar.com/forums/game/reply/528799/25-50#bottom

Sonix -

My bad Bolle, I was typing while you posted - yea we'll move to the other thread.
Page 1