Forums

bug abuse

Open Archived Sweets opened this discussion on

Sweets -

fix needs to be uploaded - until such time any players casting jura or using hwighton raid from this point forward will be suspended.

Reports can be sent to LnO #2

hardar -

any players casting jura

Wasn't this one supposed to be fixed?

Sweets -

it's fixed on dev, not on the live game.

AgmAr -

Suppose to: Yes.
Actually is: No.

I'm investigating now.

hardar -

Are changes actually tested before going live?

AgmAr -

Yes, but sometimes something slips through.

Sweets -

Juranimosity is cleared for use. Thank you all for your patience and cooperation.

Mages - feel free to cast Jura again.

~ Hwighton Raid is still not to be used ~

Bolle -

Are changes actually tested before going live?

Yup I test them all.

Problem when doing changes is that you have to realize all the things you have to test. Example:

- Jura must be castable. The mp cost must be right. The difficulty must be right. The result must be right. I must login to the attacked tribe to verify the damage was dealt. I must update twice to verify the thieves return. I must test in-war to verify it doesn't kill all thieves (WHY WOULD IT?! turns out it didn't - phew), I must test its power/hostility gains are correct.

and that's just one tiny little spell. Moreover, it's an extremely boring business, so no one volunteers to doublecheck me (plus testing is usually done whenever it suits me, which isn't necessarily when it suits others).

Overall, not anyone's fault but a tester squad would be quite nice [:p]

EDIT: actually, I must also test that jura only affects thieves who are not home. I didn't do that! Who volunteers? [;)]
EDIT(2): I also forgot fame gains.
EDIT(3): I must test it doesnt work on Mystics (Templar).

Actually, I doubt whether I've tested over 70% of what I just listed

xiannic -

TL;DR Bolle needs to stop slacking and work harder.

[evilgrin]

hardar -

I'm sure a couple orkfians would be glad helping to test begore it's actually implemented.

Old guy -

so what was tested before the age was live?
We have reported 2 out of the 3. I did not think damage on Jura was wrong and thought it was how it was meant to be. In the words of staff this spell is strong against owls.

Jura:
Power was very wrong what was it 64X too much.
losses were wrong?

Hwington raid
Fame completely wrong
dont know if damage was wrong, our thief took out all mps with just one set of ops

Should we try enforced honesty next????

Bolle -

I'm pretty sure enforced honesty works alright.

It's possible EH and HR do 'too much', it depends on how wars pan out. It's supposed to be an option to use against a guy who's going suicidally aggressive - not as a general strategy to completely negate t/ms.

robokop -

Fixes are uploaded so free to use all spels and ops again
Page 1