Forums

Races Reduction - Age 68

Open Archived Moderator Jamzi opened this discussion on

Moderator Jamzi -

Like in life, we had to compromise what we want to do in an ideal world with unlimited resource vs what is realistic/practical at this point in time. It's going to be a process we have to work through however, not just on this issue but a bunch of stuff, so some patience will be required. Bolle had a lot more changes but we had to scale him back with what was possible in real life right now, it's gonna be a process, it sucks I know but hopefully we'll get there in the end and we're taking in a lot of feedback from everyone so thanks for that [:)]

Bolle -

Statistics say Spirit is the chosen thief, Templar the chosen mage and Rept Hai the chosen attacker.

All three will still be available next age.

Yes, this isn't ideal. These races were chosen because with only three per class you need clearly distinguished races.

Attacker
Rept Hai - defensive
Nazgul - offensive
Viking - allrounder, war-oriented

Mage
Eagle - defensive
Templar - offensive
Dark Elf - allrounder

Thief
Wood Elf - defensive
Mori Hai - offensive
Spirit - allrounder

Wood Elf had a 15% thief defense trait that was not implemented because it made the race too good.

Balrog, Dragon, Dwarf, Raven, Oleg, Undead, Uruk, High Elf are all iconic races with a unique character. But they won't be removed. Instead, we'll recycle them into the game per age. There's no specifics yet but I was thinking of entering three races and removing three per age.

The idea behind the reduction is to make the game more accessible to new players.

Also, the game is in a steady decline and Jamzi is doing TONS of work to reinvigorate it by co-operating with every staff department so if you could just appreciate that it'd be most welcome.

fear -

jamzi and all staff - you're doing a great job, most i've seen done in a year or more!!! you're headed in the right direction.

Ancient One -

When the next age starts are all tribes reset back to 500?

Bolle -

No, you can continue your tribe with the race of your choice. The only things that change are the stats of the races mentioned above (eagle has the biggest change), and you will no longer be able to choose the removed races once you die or reset.

Gits -

It's a good change to recycle, although, bad thing is you minimizing the starts for allies. This is bad due to the fact that you might have wanted to use different races to combat a certain ally, 24 and 22 and other top allies usually do this. Now, it's all about activity imo as the races will be the same for everyone within the age. That is what I don't like.

Sanzo -

Any idea when the changes will be uploaded?

max -

My guess is tomorrow evening (~18 hours from now)

Sanzo -

Ok. Thank you. Was wondering cause my eagle isn't gonna be thief anymore and I gotta make some changes [:$]

Gits -

you mean 6/12 eagles lol

Sanzo -

I only play one of them tho [:p]
Page 1 2