Forums

Age 68 Changes

Open Archived Moderator Jamzi opened this discussion on

Moderator Jamzi -

The following changes will be uploaded for Age 68.

* 11 races will no longer be playable upon death (as per this thread http://alliancesatwar.com/forums/news/682268/races-reduction-age-68/ )
* Amendments to 9 races, also as per the above previous announcement.
* You can no longer OOP with less than 1 defence point (to prevent people with heritage OOPing with 0 def without realising)
* Player CoC amendments as below (just to bring the CoC in line with how things are really - we do not have time or inclination to delete all posts where someone swears or indulges in typical gaming banter with another player, so it might as well not say it in the CoC):
Change 1:
1.Personal Attacks
Please respect other people and their opinions. Attacks of any kind (including but not limited to; racial, sexual, homophobic, religious or ethnic epithets) on other players will not be tolerated“

This has been changed to insert the words ”Highly Personal“ before ”attacks of any kind“.

Change 2:
” 3.2. Forums and Trackers
Don't swear or be abusive. No offensive, profane or vulgar remarks are allowed.“

has been changed to

”I understand that Orkfia - Alliances at War is not a child-friendly environment, bad language and adult topics may be present, although they do not represent the opinions of the makers of the game. Please do not join this game if you are easily offended by swear words or banter between players.“

Change 3
”Orkfia Mail
Don't use bad language or be abusive to other players via in-game messaging. All in game messaging is eligible for monitoring by Law & Order Staff at any time.“

has been changed to

“Please be considerate in your interactions with other players. All in game messaging is eligible for monitoring by Law & Order Staff at any time.”

Gits -

Love this change:

Please do not join this game if you are easily offended by swear words or banter between players.“

Crapsalot -

well there is alot of youngish players that play we should try to keep it toned down on the foul language...most of us are intelligent enough to be able to harass someone without vile language...

Gits -

i hope you die a horrible death you scum, dang carpet muncher!

How about that?

Del -

Very PG-13 of you [:o][up]

Gits -

ok gtg, don't ever say I didn't try to tone it down. :p

Reyes -

Just saying younger people in this generation tend to swear every few words so I'm sure it won't hurt them lol BTW jamzi made God? Congrats

Gits -

Yup, i was going thru the allies of the mods/admins and I saw she was a God just now in Ops. Which needs to be updated btw.

What happened to the LnO ally? Seems it got deleted. Is there a reason for it?

Mazzy -

Goddess![evilgrin]

Cecil -

Fuck, shit, douchebag, asshole, bitch, queer, fag, sluts, damnit, eurotrash, french....

Ill add more as I think of em[:p][heart]

Moderator Jamzi -

yes thanks, it wont be for long though hopefully as I intend on retiring and playing next year instead so someone else can have a turn then ;)

In the game upload today I think (but am not sure as still don't fully understand it) that it will be possible for staff to be in two “resorts” (as they call those staff alliance departments) at once. Mazja and I will have LnO powertools then so watch out muwhaha [evilgrin]

Btw i love that someone called Crapsalot says we can use words other than swearing heheheheh that really made me laugh [heart]

However in hindsight (i suggested this “swearing taken out of CoC” change around 5 wks ago), maybe i was a bit too gung-ho with that sentence Gits quoted above so we'll probably rework that in a future update of the CoC, when we have a proper look at the whole thing.

Basically i just want us to have a realistic, useable CoC that is enforceable in a consistent way so that is what i was trying to do with that but yeah.. it needs some rework/more thought. Note that highly personal attacks are still considered an Orkfian crime but i was just trying to make it so we are not having to moderate people's posts for just banter/conversational swearing. Since it seems a bit petty(it always annoys me when people's posts disappear in a thread so i don't know what was said), a waste of good staff time and it mostly wasn't being done anyway [evilgrin]

Moderator Jamzi -

FYI - age 68 will not begin until Server Time (ST) Friday night or Saturday.

Skyz -

AWESOME[:D] @ WHOLE PAGE

Mazzy -

[up]

robokop -

changes are live!

Moderator Jamzi -

[up][up][:D]

Reyes -

hey if jamzi made godess wheres her dragon?? [:p]

Gits -

Only people who donate, get drags.. dur

Reyes -

right xD

Moderator_Jamzi -

you haven't been able to donate for a long time (we're removing the writing about it on tribe page from next age I believe as it's old code from years ago). However when the new basic tutorial comes out in Dec, anyone who completes it will get a dragon (green) so I will do that to get mine [:D]
Page 1