Forums

Age 69 Age Changes

Open Archived Moderator_Jamzi opened this discussion on

Moderator_Jamzi -

Age 69 will begin around 11th September (as the process is still manual for now it depends on the availability of Robokop/Max around that time but it will be around then).

Changes are:

* Race Changes:
~ Mori + Rept Hai are removed from play.

~ High Elf (Attacker) and Brittonian (Thief) are added into play.

~ Dark Elf: change to add +15% ML bonus , Nightstalker change 6/0 --> 4/0 and 450cr-->300cr

~ Eagle: change to add +15% ML bonus, Emesen change 5/1 to 4/1 and 390cr -->340cr

~ Templar: Pegasus Knight change 6/0 --> 4/0 and 700cr -->500cr

~ Wood Elf: Tree Ent 0/8 910 cr --> 900
Woodrider off spec 6/0 --> 4/0, 450cr-->320cr

~ Britt change Marauder off spec:
6/0 ---> 4/0 price 625cr -->400cr

* 4 week ages (manually still for now)to allow us to upload changes more frequently (your tribe still lives for 6wks as normal)
* monster
* New tribe news items added (additional random events)
*explores should take 1 hr less time with 20% growth sci, explained further here http://alliancesatwar.com/suggestions/read/9116/quicker_explore_with_growth_sci/
* Clean up of tribe page with dragon sponsor info from start/tribe page removed since this system has been out of use for years
*Max has coded a small surprise?? [up]
*removal of Bootcamp

Outside of coding changes we also implemented Law and Order Procedures, including dealing with some long-term LnO problems, re-organised in staff in general, Orkfian Chronicle started, Facebook page re-started and the tutorial+AatWAward stuff which is ongoing.

[17:51 edited to clarify the 4wk ages]

Gits -

Good changes.

Tommies -

it's a start!

Looking forward to the changes:)

Reyes -

great start to a new beginning but one thing... what was the point of this....
~ Wood Elf: Tree Ent 0/8 910 cr --> 900
O.o

Bolle -

We basically wanted to improve WE, got scared they'd be OP, and thought hey let's make that cost easier to calculate.

Smokey -

10cr cheaper is hardly the thief resistances you were considering when deciding to reduce the races down to what they are now an age ago. Literally a 1% improvement, I dont think that makes much of an impact in growth at all. Just curious, has anyone seen signs of WE being op?

Reyes -

i understand that now it will be easier to calc but could we change it to 0/7 --> 750 cr? :3[:D][:D][:D]

Bulby -

And the modification of races offense unit on races that hardly anyone attacks with anyhow... seems pointless...

Gits -

Well, they do attack with at least some. Like Temp/DE/Britt. Although, they only used once a player reaches roughly 10k land.

Del -

Bubly they get used- you were in an ally that did it [:p]
This will help mitigate big ole T/Ms going attacker late game, due to low attacker competition and efficient offense units.

Btw - why are peeps complaining about ANY reduction in troop costs, even if small. [:|]

Gits -

Think some are not elaborating right. It's not that they don't like that they got reduced but more so, that it's nothing compared with what should have been done.

Del -

Ah ok. But WE is pretty damn efficient and cost effective. It's not amazing, but it has other perks (DF, 125% max/regen)

Reyes -

i wasnt actually complaining del i was just wondering why the price was dropped just 10cr lol seemed pointless to me

Gits -

Please mind smokey and Reyes, they are smoking crack at the local brothel.

Gits -

Point is that it wasn't made due to making the WE better, but more-so because it makes no sense 10 dang cents, hence why went down with it. At least is what I'm guessing and easier to calculate for the player than a odd number.

Reyes -

Gits if anyones smoking crack its you bbi <3 i never had a problem xD
*passes smokey the joint*

shhh it relaxes me [:D]

Gits -

That is what all addicts state...

Smokey -

Eagle has simmilar mage traits compared to WE, but it also has Evasion and +15% ML, all WE has that Eagle doesn't is a 0/1 thief unit, which just covers having to pump thieves and doesn't add to efficiency over an Eagle.

I guess I feel like it was just being thrown a measly bone because (in my opinion) devs couldn't figure out what other flavor trait to give the WE in the meantime.

*takes joint from Reyes* Shhhh ahh Thanks.

Gits -

Yeah, a WE is supposed to act like a mage... See what I mean he is on crack. Del, take him to his room please.

Del -

Yall kill me

Smokey -

I'm talking about traits, mp -> tp, mp regen -> tp regen.. *cough*

Gits -

no mage/thief trait will be the same in regards to matching, as ea race has it's own specific traits as it seems you know.

The eagle imo has the same type of efficiency as the WE imo, why cause as an eagle some “eagles” do get thieves as well...

Now if you want to state that the WE has only 2 traits. Well the DE has only 1 trait atm and that is AT. The Britt really has only 1, the owl really has only 1, the raven really has only 1. I mean if you want to complain that several races aren't equal that is a different story but to compare the eagle vs WE is not a good way to put it.

Thieves imo are better than mages at least imo.

/me pulls out of smokey's mouth.

Thanks munchkin :D

Smokey -

I think my comparison is valid.

I'm not complaining about the number of traits, but rather the effective benefits, such as:

MP regen bonus = effective sustained damage or speed to next nuke
ML bonus = increased spell success (effective damage and spell defense)
Relative efficiency = difficulty to kill or ability to raise TPA (whether for defense or trying to gain thief supremacy, this also translates into increased op success chance (effective damage and defense)
Evasion = defensive trait deters grabs when growing and dilutes attacker damage at KTs

Yes I'm comparing mages to thieves, but in a relative way. %bonus is relative no? %ML (or even if it were % tpa) bonus is relative no? Evasion applies universally as well as efficiency, regardless of what the space is used for.

Bulby -

all i know is the joint has not been passed to me... yet what is wrong with big thief/mages having a raze offense late in their life...they take some beatdowns along the way...

fear -

good changes, headed in the right direction.

Reyes -

is it just me and my dirty mind or is anyone else noticing its almost age “69” [:D][;)]
Page 1 2