Age 70 Changes + Update

Open Archived Moderator_Jamzi opened this discussion on

Moderator_Jamzi -

Age 70 will begin around 9th October.
Changes will be:

- Eagle: remove +15% ML
- Light Elf: Scout 250 cr -> 200 cr
- Undead: Remove “Can not explore or use Land Claim.”

(Undead is probably quite overpowered so can be considered the “blessed race“ this age).

Remove from play:
- Nazgul and Wood Elf.

Rankings will also get a change:
- who wins is determined by power only. Points (size influence) is removed. Power resets each age.

Our plans for “behind the scenes” changes during Age 70 include a check of the Player CoC, work on the tutorials (a small part of which has been released onto Development server for testing this age), the update of the AatWAwards and a decision whether we bring back resets or not. During Age 70 we will also begin making a plan of action for Marketing which we will put into place once we decided about the resets.

In addition, Bruno has now completed his initiation period in Operations and will be joining Law and Order.

Current staff remain as follows:
Coders: Max, Del, Termato, Robokop
Development: Bolle, Sonix
Operations+Law and Order: Mazja, Bruno and Jamzi

Currently we have 54 ranking players. We conducted a mini-project to tidy up inactive tribes in the game by putting them into the graveyard due to the front page showing 70-80 tribes active which is incorrect. However all the rest of the ”greenies" are just keeping an eye on us by the look of it, they are slightly active but just not playing. We left any that had been accessed within the last month or so in place so that is why the front page shows a higher number than are actually playing. Hopefully we can start convincing them to play soon [;)]

New: Additional changes
- Eagle:
- Thief Razorbeak 200 cr -> 250 cr

- Light Elf:
- Off Maia 4/0 500 cr
- Remove the following 2 traits:
•Magical Void, Cleanse, Heal, Seal of Deflection, Enchantress Salem, Winds of Distress and Fountain of Resu cost 50% less mana
•Self-spells (does not include Fountain and Seal of Deflection) cannot be voided or negated

- LE gets 2 extra traits:
• Failing intel operations does not generate tribe news on the target.
• Elven Reflexes: Wildfire and Engineering Explosives are 100% more effective against opposing tribes. Destroys up to 2% mines or yards per successful op.

-----------
[extra information from Gits added below 7th October]

While one of the traits for the LE seems the same for the spirit, it's due to the spirit getting a different trait during age 71.
--------------------

Gits -

Remove from play:
- Nazgul and Wood Elf.

So what races are coming back?

michelob -

these i think
Light Elf: Scout 250 cr -> 200 cr
- Undead: Remove “Can not explore or use Land Claim.”

bloodball -

[up]

Gits -

ahhh thought only changes was to those thanks mich

Bolle -

Yes LE and UD are coming back

Sangez -

I want my uruk back [cry]

Lyr -

I want my uruk back [cry]

Sorry, this isn't a dating service. You'll have to find your uruk elsewhere afaik.

Bulby -

i want Mya Righthand....or Yora Lefthand...lol

Sanzo -

Gits is staff now? Don't tell me he's a forum mod [:|]

Bolle -

Hey I've just been mailing about this. What are you, paparazzi? This is like minute-old news. Gimme time to make a proper announcement okay? [;)]

Gits -

If I am a forum mod, then the game would end. Let me tell ya...

Bolle -

OK so just to make this official:

Gits is not a forum mod. Gits' flowery language may be a nuisance to some. Just treat him like you would before....

Gits is going to take care of the race changes in Dev, because I simply don't have the time. Which is a shame. I'll advise him naturally but he'll be in charge (mostly). You can criticize him all you want but the fact of the matter is that I'm allowing him to make these changes, so please criticize me [;)] You can start by criticizing me for making Gits staff.

Gits -

Thanks Bolle. Personally, I would like inputs from everyone. As, I have said in previous threads. We all have played with ea. other/against ea other for years.

Most of us are long-time vets. Difference now is that we are being heard and we are all going to contribute someway/somehow. For that to happen, we now need inputs.

Without inputs people's bitches, grips, complaints aren't going to get noticed/heard, nor will anything be done about it.

So, to start off. Jam. made threads for races in “Game Talk”. Some people have been posting their inputs but I think we need more.

I would like for us to start on changes with races going in and going out. If any drastic thing needs to be done to a race because it's OP, state it and we will take a look at it and do changes if need be by the following age.

Tasks

#1. Fix specs to match with what we trying to do with changes to the game and things that make no sense to have now.

#2. Change up traits of races adds quite a bit of different things for warring.

#3. Bring in a customization of races. This was actually something staff had thought about in regards to making some extra traits and choosing traits depending on your race at the start without being able to change it at least until death or dying of age (imagine it as a bonus trait of sorts). I agree with this and think it would indeed be neat. This is going to be a bit tougher but hopefully will be do-able.

Coach Twinnie -

Did i just see Gits name in blue or i suddenly turned color blind [:|]

Gits -

it's not blue it green

max -

Main post updated with additional changes for next age.

Jolten -

Don't like the change to LE giving them the same trait as spirits...

Jolten -

Also elves are nature lovers... Goes against them blowing stuff up or setting the forest on fire... Just saying

Gits -

Just to clarify. The trait to the spirit will be changing a tad next age.

Changes to races are in the works. Due to time-constraints most changes couldn't get implemented. Due to bringing in the LE, we thought it was good to just release the whole change instead of half the change.

The LE got converted from a mage to a thief basically. In case you are wondering. Will we add another mage? The answer is yes, either re-convert a current race to mage or we will design a new race.

Jolten -

Okay question is now why revamp them? Just to revamp another to it's base set up?

Gits -

Well, my understanding was a few things, one is that the LE wasn't being used often.

With it being basically a MV mage it wasn't enough.

The thought of races now is to make them more powerful and thus it makes sense as a thief due to it's other traits.

Now, the question should be what to do for the other mage we are lacking. If you got any suggestions, by all means. Spit it out.

Jolten -

I see... well that for the most part makes logical sense.

So why not set up elves like the winged races? with modifications of course.
Dragons - Ravens - Owls - Eagles (attacker attacker pure thief hybrid)
High Elves - Dark Elf - Wood Elf - Light Elf (Attacker Pure Mage Pure Thief Hybrid)

Gits -

That is something that admins are currently discussing which way to go but good suggestion :D

Jolten -

I have them from time to time

Reyes -

it would be interesting to have a new race or two introduced.. i know you said LE was basically converted to a thief but it will still be possible to play LE as a mage like normal yes?
Page 1 2