Forums

total bullshit admins

Closed Bulby opened this discussion on

Mistro -

While in my personal opinion I do not believe one of the guys is guilty based on the activity levels i have seen from him and KT attendences etc.. (i don't know who the other is so can't comment) there is no smoke without fire as innocent as it may be.

I am quite sure that the admins would not have come to this decision were there not some sort of culpable evidence to justify it.

There cannot be this admin bashing reaction every time someone gets banned. They are trying to do their best for the game I am sure and it would be in a far worse state than it is without certain peoples consistent efforts over the years.

There are admins from different alliances precisely for the reason that noone is safe from investigation.

The argument that with such a small player base its inevitable that people are going to concurrently hit the same person is 100% valid. But equally with such a small player base what are the odds that 2 people (Who dont play together) are consistently logging in on the same IP address? 42 players from accross the world.

Sanzo -

I would also like to add that I understand what Bulby is talking about when he mentions the low player count. Yes, coincidental occurrences happen. Not every synchronic set of ops shows conclusive evidence as intentional tampering.

Alias:
You can check how long a tribe will be out for by doing a Fly Over and adding 2d6h to the time of 'entering VM' news. Other than that though, for example if a whole alliance is green there's no way to check :(

Virchue:
I like the idea of being able to get Intel/espionage on a paused tribe. [up]

Jolten -

Gits I used the forum post you posted and clicked your name. It doesn't tell me who your tribe is and is the fastest way to pm someone on a world forum post.

Jolten -

Perhaps adding a global event news item for tribes entering vacation mode.

Virchue -

To address Mistros comment:

Clearly I know nothing of the IP address issue, but Peach fuzzed messaged my alliance to tell us “the big rept going down.” I can only imagine he messaged the other alliances as well. This is against the integrity of the game in my opinion.

Also, while I’m sure he hoped we would join in on the kill try he had the opposite effect... because of his message we had to remain as spectators of the events so as to prevent any indication of collusion.

Alias -

I second Jolten's suggestion 2 posts above this

Gits -

My apologies then, clearly I have forgotten some aspects of the game after over a year away.

I still don't think ur bitch ass got up at 4am on the dot....

Jolten -

Virchue to be honest if I probably wouldn't have put a thought to it. I hadn't expected #26 to go after me as quickly as they did after #23 warred us and I won the war single handedly with BCs. If another alliance would have been after me I'd have chalked it up to being the biggest attacker in the game.

Mistro -

Ref Virchues comment.

That is my point exactly. I referenced the IP adress issue as it was what Bulby mentioned in his initial post. I had no idea that Peach Fuzzed had messaged regarding ''the big rept'' and yes entirely agree that is against the CoC.

My no smoke without fire comment is proven completely here.

Rather than a reaction of admin bashing when facts are not fully presented.

Jolten -

My apologies then, clearly I have forgotten some aspects of the game after over a year away.

I still don't think ur bitch ass got up at 4am on the dot....

Gits I work 515am-145pm Monday through Friday PST. I'm awake at 4am

Jolten -

So now the entire game knows when I work. And you guys should know when I'm sleeping.

Woodrow -

I do not no any here.. I just join in mage ops on any of I see in truble.. I always use mage on big guys of any alliance when I don't have war target.. apparently have caused big problem.. don't punish my alliance for things I do..as far as bulby guy.i may have messenger him for help.. I don't remember.. trying to kill bigger attackers guys was my goal. Ask 23 I think I have wrecked them and 26 for kills me

Bulby -

i think jolten is mostly an honest player...we did find evidence of buildings being not built and thieves out on napo or tempo or something which is a good indicator of scripting... I do think if someone has self reported the fact that guys are from the same wi/fi area or cell tower that it could look like same ip address but not for sure... when this problem arose last time it was because my alliance(14) was taking over the lead at the end of an age...and alas once again after following all rules the admin laid out...they suspend me again when my alliance is poised to take an age... its highly suspicious now... that being said maybe admins shouldnt be allowed to have active participation in any debate regarding their own tribe... as far as mass ops against we were warring 23 and 125 in news grabbing...we were warring 16 and 125 in our news grabbing.. the very guy screaming about his own integrity has proven to have none when it comes to these things... hes about wanting to run the game and be number 1... its a highly suspicious thing and makes the game suspect... and it is cheap running into vacation mode to avoid his death,,, we were keeping his protection building in jeapordy until hostility was enough to declare... alot of planning and calculation has been wasted...

Jolten -

Bulby your scenario for the IPs being the same isn't possible. IPs are assigned by the ISP to the connecting device.

The only way your explanation would make sense is if you had an unsecured wifi router and the other tribe just happened to be right in range of your router, connect then op the same tribe your alliance is mear seconds before your tribe does.

Odds of this happening with our low player base is astronomical at best.

Bulby -

apparently it was figured out before that we shared the same wi fi via the local university...hence it would be through the same router..,, i thought before it was my hotbox being hacked but apparently not.. as i quit using that near the university... its hard when using my phone to know where im connected to... i have 37 wi fi possibilities myself before i use my own personal data...

Jolten -

I can see that as a better possibility bulby. However the last time your tribe had this issue it was your tribe and scumbag. This time its your tribe and another. And if I recall correctly scumbag was saying that you were logging into his account unbeknownst to him. Perhaps you should PM this other guy and have a chat to see how it could be that you 2 share an IP and if he'd like to play in your alliance.

weedy -

dont like that you cheet jolten... gee look who is in first... suspend the organizer of top alliance to get a cheep war win... go figure...

Jolten -

wait... are you suggesting that one of the LnO guys logged into your account now and IP spoofed it with another tribe, just to get you suspended so they win the age? Not even a possibility for an LnO to do. Your alliance mate Smokey should be able to disprove that for you easily

Bulby -

seeing how i reported every time there seemed to be a shared address on my end i thought these trouble were over...something funky happened... but not from me... i haad enought trouble keeping these guys all pointed in same direction let alone conspire with another alliance... one look at an alliance and seeing everyone in draws a flyover and snoop from me into who is being targeted...im sure others do the same...

Bulby -

oh and by the way.,,it doesnt matter if the whole game knows your sleeping... cross logs and calls on phones always seem to save you... we had it set up with our 8 guys that we always had a thief with damage ready to give and mages so we could tear down more that you could readily fix... you were toast within 6 hours yet once you took the pussy route of vacation mode we stopped opping...

Virchue -

Some of our guys have had IP issues despite being states apart. It has to do with the cell phone bug where they can't log in.. They have to go through opera's vpn to log in from their phone. Not sure how it works but they get sent to the same server it seems as we've received the message “someone from this IP has already opped this target.”

Not sure if you are doing something similar to log into the game?

Amir -

Bulby in regards to your comment about us sending theifs out but not building and thinking thats scripting its really easy to find out for LnO if it was. but i can tell you for me its mostly that when i am at work, unless am dying i do get on orkfia for 1min just to send out and go back to work. i dont have the time to waste to build if its not urgent and so i just leave it for when i have a actual break. and just wanted to say that because we have played together for so long that us 3 in 125 are very active and crazy in what we do sometimes. but we dont cheat!!! we do try out crazy strats that sometimes work and sometimes fail. (mostly talking about race setup and building strats). we usually set a goal for the age and we strive for that goal. one time being how fast we could get sci up, or if we could get highest fame in the game or the goal of being in top 10 tribes.

Bulby we dont cross logs at all. we go vacation if we cant get online or if someone is being targeted we spam them pm's till they wake up. sometimes that doesnt work and we do die. we dont say shit about it, we just try to get even and make them pay a price.

Jolten -

Umm the problem your teammates could be having is due to the VPN. VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. IT will also spoof an IP to a server based IP. Have them delete their browser cookies/cache and relog in the regular way not using the VPN and you all should be good. If it doesn't work let me know and I'll have our coders look into it.

Bulby -

and somehow... the running and hiding in vacation mode to avoid a war which would have killed your precious self is not cheating in your eyes? its not just seeing no builds at tick change your thieves go out ..its checking every 3 seconds last minute of tick and seeing no one in the active tribe ranks... so yeah we see it... its okie for your little precious group to bend the rules but someone who has noted a problem...asked how to avoid it... and been upfront about gets hammered.. the few who pay attention here all know the truth of it... put the trophy you cheated for on your wall and brag to your firends... but deep down you will always know you circumvented rules and protocol to get it... how absolutely shallow a man you must be...

Jolten -

What rules did I break by going into vacation mode to avoid being killed? If your going to sling mud at me make feel free but use a valid argument
Page 1 2 3 4 5