Forums

total bullshit admins

Closed Bulby opened this discussion on

Lil Britty -

First, thanks to the Admins for taking our suggestions and changes into consideration.

I have a proposal for a larger impact on vacation mode, while a cool down period and build limits could be enforced, I think vacation mode should be seen as a last resort so as not to be abused or used a calculated move:
Suggestion:
* Vacation Mode means you cannot return to your Tribe for the rest of the age
* It does not remove you from the rankings
* It cannot be used in the final week of the age

I understand those are drastic suggestions for change. My impression is that vacation mode should sacrifice the rest of your age, but should not take away the progress you made thus far for your alliance. There will be other ages that you can play. That is why I included the last week restriction and leaving you in the rankings as a proposal.

I can share from personal experience that I thought about using vacation mode while I was a top attacker last age. I was actually on a family vacation for 3 days out-of-state in the US, but was being targeted by multiple alliances. Instead, I overbuilt homes and was able to live. Thus, there are ways to get by without needing it and staying committed to the current Age. I would have liked to have a feature that paused my tribe entirely for the rest of the age if I needed an extended vacation. Not having the ability to return would prevent abuse.

Virchue -

Lil Britty makes a good point. Construction is so cheap in this game. Just build 40% homes, 7% Farms, 3% Yards, 10% academies, 20% churches, 20% guard houses. Welcome to vacation mode

Scumbag -

Vacation Mode means you cannot return to your Tribe for the rest of the age

If i have to go into VM after a week (for any reason) from the start of the age, and have to wait for 3 more weeks to play again.....

No thanks....!!!

And i think others will think the same and never play again. Playerbase is low already and this will make it more worse.

Lil Britty -

^ That is exactly why VM should be seen as a last resort.

If you don't want to get hit, build Turtle/protection like Virchue said. Why would you go in VM in week 1 when you can get a defensive build and keep getting resources each tick?
If you don't want to lose your tribe's progress for the age, don't go into VM.
If you absolutely can't play, go into VM and you can play the following age.

VM should not be a primary factor for determining your interest level when playing this game.
Again, these are just suggestions for having VM not be abused moving forward.

Scumbag -

If you don't want to lose your tribe's progress for the age, don't go into VM.

you will end in the graveyard (#10) or defected, cuz you are not usefull for your alli progres.

Gits -

Jolten, Think you missing the point it's not that you actually cheating, more-so that it's bad gameplay in regards to the vacation mode. I remember when Sweets was in charge of LnO and we discussed that it was not what the vacation mode was intended to get out of a KA. You have done this for a long time as you have stated yourself, even though it's not an actual rule, it is indeed bad game-play. The vacation mode was never intended to get out of KA's. It's either for you can't play for a certain amount of time or don't want to play but not because you don't want to play cause you a puss at getting killed.

Hitting onto wars for standard is just as deadly as Opping, if you are going to be stating that others opping onto wars is Co-op. Then why don't you look at pussies like yourself hitting onto wars? Have you ever seen me hit onto a war? Even if they are easy targets? No, because I do have a morals and integrity, to which I have stated you lack.

Now, to answer your dirt thrown to me, get your facts straight buddy. I've never, EVER gone on vacation mode and came back a few days later like you do it. Shit, I went on vacation mode yesterday because of the bullshit going on. I pulled a Kaepernick per se. Do you think i'm coming back this age? Fuck no, for what? Age is done for us, I could careless about personal stats it's about the group as a whole, one teammate gets fucked over, fuck it. I'm out for the age as well. No biggie. 40's vikes weren't the only attackers that were threats, because if it was, then you wouldn't have been hitting attackers during wars, like you did against the Vikes, us in 26 and the balrogs in 23.

You a pussy brother, that hides behind a 3 man alliance to hit others that unfortunately can't hit you back because they in “ACTUAL” wars. BTW, we took out one vike in 40 and you took out the other by helping 23 during their war. That last Vike in 40, my respects, he played like a champ and I told him so, he took a beating from us and survived and then took a beating from 23 and still survived but got cheated due to your selfless, coward play mate. So, it that cheating, nahhh but is it a pussy move? Yup 100% and most will agree. As they say, once a puss, always a puss. Much love [heart]

Bulby -

all i can say is this post has generated some good and some bad feelings and it might help if more weighed in.. not in a long time have i seen a post fill so quickly... seriously tho what hasnt been answered by sanzo or jolten is why using mages or thieves into anothers war is considered co-op and grounds for suspension yet a grab is not... especially barren as this for certain can help cause death...if its a free for all for an attacker doing it it should be the same for mages/thieves... for past three ages til this one the problem of shared ip address plagued me when gathering intel or trying to hit... last 2 ages in particular... i reported to smokey who was not in my alliance at the time... it did not happen once this age so i thought new player was gone as he wasnt in his usual spot and figured he quit or took time off... then i get suspended and told the problem is shared ip address... the games mechanism did not warn me as such. shared ip address is allowed if guys pklay together is kind of lame because they cross log to save each other in wars... programmers is there no way to track this? im not intending to be rude but i play in a full alliance im not going to boot someone to invite a player that jumps kill times of others.. also talked to tech support at the university about ip address if i use any wi fi in any building or staffs personal account its all routed threw the university system and would show the same ip address... so apparently only my phone is safe to use in 4g mode that wouldnt show same ip address... they have to run everything like this due to hacking concerns... does this happen with others playing from same universities or is the game down to so few players that its not happening ...

SkipperDan -

Some food for thought: I have gotten the “same IP address” error in the past. I believe it is because a few in my alliance were using Opera through a VPN.
I need to use a VPN to play when I’m away from WiFi. It looks like our cellular provider does not trust the certificate of the game’s server. 98% of the time I can’t login. This is the error I get on Chrome off of WiFi:

“This site can’t provide a secure connection

alliancesatwar.com sent an invalid response.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR”

I’ve tried Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Opera without a VPN and none work, tried clearing cache, private mode, fresh install. I can use these on WiFi with no problem. Opera’s “speed mode” or whatever they call it isn’t a true VPN but the web requests are going through their servers to be condensed I believe, that’s what allows it to work with my carrier.

Bulby -

ive never gotten that one.. until this age i got a message saying cant do that operation due to someone from the same address did operations within last 8 hours if i recal it right... i play from phone just fine anywhere if i turn it to 4g mod and dont use any pirated wi fi from the university...even my home computer runs through the university system due to being former staff... i reported everything i know about my log in sites and everything and told it was no problem... apparently this round the other person using same system joined 40 and it means we crossed paths... as a matter of fact i think i killed him in a war... no message no nothing from in game... as the guy from another alliance said the perpetrator asked several times for help killing people ... as everyone knows thats a basic rule and easy to source... that alone should say it all... a person jumped a kill time that shares my ip address and should be dealt with separately than me... as jolten previously stated he jumps kill times on “threats” and hasnt been suspended... so i declare all people a threat that play...

Bulby -

slightly off topic but another way to keep the peace is take the portion of hostility gains that deals with number of tribes ...just base it on overall land size... maybe that will keep the 3 man alliances from doing so much in war grabs ,,, at same time allow offended alliance to have immediate hostility at 80 from war jumpers and a 24 hour window after current war ends to declare .. its funny how the rule changes of war jumping were basically designed because of jolten... and its no harder to gain hostility against the three man alliances... every advantage for the small alliance should be size based not number of tribes that will address the possible scripting of said alliances as well

Jolten -

Bulby the issue wasn't with you having the same ip. The issue was that tribe assisted with your kt on several occasions. Your email from sanzo should have explained the issue

Jolten -

Bulby your not helping your case with this.

16768 Andrew J Davis us andrew.davis.806@gmail.com Bulby bulby 0 1212 June 2017 1 hour ago In The Woods 18
16861 george us andydavis20@aol.com weedy machine 0 10 20 hours ago 20 minutes ago MASH 4077 26

Just so happens to have the same name in the email I take it?

Bulby -

i asked to show proof we were opping at same kill times but havent recieved any proof...just basic allegations....

Dear Bulby,

You have been suspended for the remainder of the age for conspiring with Peach Fuzzed (#40)

Rules broken:

4.2 Alliance Co-op (http://alliancesatwar.com/CoC/#Cooperation)
Alliances are not permitted to work together under any circumstances.

5.3 Multiple Accounts (http://alliancesatwar.com/CoC/#Account)
You are allowed one (1) account. Multiple accounts will be deleted upon detection.

5.4 Crosslogging
Logging into your account from someone else's computer, who also plays Orkfia, can look suspicious so we advise against it (see section 5.5.2 regarding Report Sharing Computers).

Since you have been suspended for these reasons before I will give you an ultimatum: pick one tribe, or play together in the same alliance.
Next violation will result in extended suspension and forced reset.

~ Sanzo

no times or ops list has been provided... so i am not even sure it happened... well not entirely true... smokey told me the other party hit beginning of tick we were hitting... which is not how you do a sneak attack... but whatever.. we get it jolten...your mass defense of your actions just proves what we thought all along... you use game mechanics completely suited to your own personal needs... the game cried out for out of war protection from your attacks and now mage thiefs are being punished for same... we get it... drop the number of tribes portion of hostility gains and see what happens..right now you have it set up you never really have to go out of full growth mode while the rest of us have to overprotect in war mode.

Tommies -

Nice idea;s Virchue.

Getting some additional defence like 5-10% is a good start. But even if you have “proper” defence, it's lame that the attacker just waits until the tribe at war does a BC or raze and the defender in many occasions won't be able to retal the attack because the attacker is home quicker.

I'd like to see an additional 1 extra hour return time hitting into war(except ravens). Instead of 1 hour more before General is ready to attack.

Tommies -

And Jolten why are you avoiding the question being raised several times now about hitting a kill target into wars VS mage/thieves opping a kill target into wars.

If one is considered co-op, so should be the other.

Can we expect the admins to have a deeper look into this matter?

Sanzo -

Quote: Tommies

I think if the attack type is intended to lower the target's homes, it should be considered co-op.

Quote: Tommies
I'd like to see an additional 1 extra hour return time hitting into war(except ravens). Instead of 1 hour more before General is ready to attack.

I don't think this is possible for our coder(s). This would require major changes to allow for more than 4hr actions [cry]

Kazoak -

Quote: “Bulby”
all i can say is this post has generated some good and some bad feelings and it might help if more weighed in

....Meow

:3

orkfan -

Miaaaaauwwww

Jolten -

And Jolten why are you avoiding the question being raised several times now about hitting a kill target into wars VS mage/thieves opping a kill target into wars.

If one is considered co-op, so should be the other.

I was at work and sorry if it seemed I was avoiding this question. However If the attack had been a raze or bc I could see it as a co-op. However if you are referring to the barren grab I did on a viking. Flyovers don't show agressive ops from mages or theives. I looked like a hitting war and he hadn't had time to build. There wasn't an official war when I made the hit.

weedy -

barren grabs can be more dangerous at times... its avoiding hitting into declared wars that should be viewed as badly as thief mage ops...

SkipperDan -

I think if the attack type is intended to lower the target's homes, it should be considered co-op.

I'm new here and new to this type of game in general but...why do you guys consider hitting into another war so bad? (assuming there is no collusion). Honest question and not trying to pick sides.
If a threat to my alliance is on the brink doesn't it makes sense to jump in and try and help kill them? Its a classic “enemy of my enemy is my friend” situation.
If there is some unwritten rule about hitting into a war then why not make it a written rule? Or at least up the penalty for mage/thieve/attack into a war?

Bulby -

jolten admitted hitting into wars to hit tribes that he considers a threat to him..a co op if i ever saw one...

SkipperDan -

My question is as long as he didn't coordinate with another tribe/alliance isn't that legal? And might even be the smart thing to do? I'm new so if there is some unwritten rule about it then fine, but here is the written rule:

[Co-op (Cooperation): To plan-contrive-scheme-and act with another alliance (or tribe outside of your own alliance) to take action(s) against a common target (tribe or alliance) together or synchronized where the sum of the actions are intended to be of a greater impact than one of the offensive parties would expect to do on its own.]

Jolten -

Bulby and where did I say that? There wasn't a war when I made that hit. Also delete the new account you created.

Bulby -

and just so you know ,,,23 balrogs were a threat to our alliance and we didnt target them when jolten was b/c them every 4 ticks... we could have...amd some wanted to ...and i shut it down... thats why i feel this co=op accusation is unfounded
Page 1 2 3 4 5