Forums

Age 120 Changes Discussion

Open Scarlet opened this discussion on

VC -

Ty tommies it's been awhile glad to be back. As for dwarves build cost isnt much of a change but even though a dwarf took top they are pretty inefficient. I think other circumstances lead to dwarf on top rather than being op.

scarlo -

Amir, Redline & others who are frustrated with the GH/CH issue -->

It does not look like we'll be able to deploy the fix without delaying the age. Truly I'm very sorry that we didn't complete this adjustment this round - it was on the agenda, it was agreed upon, and then it got lost in the shuffle when the changes started getting coded.

I ask for your patience for one more round - it will be our absolute top priority for next round.

The change threads in Dev can get a little messy as staff can dredge up various comments from the public forum and then add their own ideas. I'm going to try to be more active helping the team organize the change list going forward.

I think we're committed to a more political process for changes going forward. So this change (the non-linear gh/ch %'s) was implemented because of complaints in the past about needing too much land to protect oneself. But we collectively want to switch it back to flat % now and so we will.

Thanks everyone for your patience with this one.

Noodle -

Also the ability to drop basics onto the market with the click of one buttons been forgotten for 4-5 ages, hope that gets in soon

Amir -

@scarlo i would rather we delay the age than have another age were theifs are basicly useless, same with mages really.
just take a look at the age setup ratio... already have more attackers than before in large allainces now. also the only t/m's being played really are the ones that make good late age attackers (spirit and templars) 6 brits cause of sci i would assume and that they have cheap def and can napo the best..

theifs were already broken for ages compared to mages and attackers in doing damage and fame gain. and now they have been basicly ruined.

can we do mid age fix? or just return it to the previous setup till we figure out what would work the best since we know this doesnt work?

also pls look into theifs fame gains. i have said this for a few ages now but as a theif we barely gain any fame on ops in wars at all. last age at one time took out 300 academies at a target within my range and only gained 49 fame during the height of the war. and yes he did have fame just as a theif were not given our share for the damage we do...[:|]

and scarlo our patience was asked for for all of of last age and were told that it was top priority as well, and here we are. so any chance of mid age fix?

just saying if there is no point in playing theif this age then i will turn into the Grinch and give everyone stockings filled with coal's! and i mean everyone!

scarlo -

also the only t/m's being played really are the ones that make good late age attackers (spirit and templars)

I've never seen a strong spirit attacker but I guess their units & pricing support the possibility.

Top alliance breakdown:
125 - fairy, spirit, britt (3 pure TMs)
31 - 2 WE (2 pure TMs)
36 - 2 britts, 2 fairies (4 pure TMs)
14 - 2 britts (2 pure TMs)

Out of 24 tribes, nearly half are pure TMs.

theifs were already broken for ages compared to mages and attackers in doing damage and fame gain. and now they have been basicly ruined.

Thief success rate was increased significantly last age and this is still a work-in-progress. We know thieves are easier to kill and are also less deadly but we're working towards a solution on this.

can we do mid age fix? or just return it to the previous setup till we figure out what would work the best since we know this doesnt work?

I'd love to, but unfortunately I've been told that we can't change the game coding without a reset.

also pls look into theifs fame gains. i have said this for a few ages now but as a theif we barely gain any fame on ops in wars at all.

I played thief last age and completely agree with your suggestion. It was disappointing to rip some opponents and be rewarded with very little fame.

and scarlo our patience was asked for for all of of last age and were told that it was top priority as well, and here we are. so any chance of mid age fix?

We did improve the thief success rate last round. I personally didn't realize the gh/ch issue until this last age was underway.

just saying if there is no point in playing theif this age then i will turn into the Grinch and give everyone stockings filled with coal's! and i mean everyone!

We'll try to support players needs as best we can along the way. In the meantime we'll all need to adapt here & there around the rough edges of gameplay.

rEdL|nE -

Just gimme the code base and I'll change the CHs / ghs + thievery success. It ain't rocket fucking science.

rEdL|nE -

VC welcome back mate. I'm looking forward to killing ya.

Scarlet -

I didn't include the church/gh update in the master change list for age 120, it didn't get noticed it wasn't there.
Its not a hard update to do, just wasn't on the checklist. [:s]

As for the quick sell of soldiers, I honestly thought it would get done and it didn't. The quick sell however can be deployed during age, so I'll start figuring out how to do it. I've personally wanted it for ages. [heart]

rEdL|nE -

The quick sell is just a visual thing and nice but the rest are needed for a decent gameplay.

WarCraft -

I get an email to come back and play to have the highest DPA + walls and I still get hit [:|] I am going back to green status just as fast as I came back hahahaha. Until this game is balanced any other returning players will feel the same no doubt. I get it me and my noob partner have no idea what's going on anymore, but it clear after just 3 hours of reading the forums that this game has been in disarray for some time. We will not delete but will certainly be green and watch a few ages before deciding to try it again. Happy Holidays everyone!

P.S. How come I cannot reset? is it because I have thieves out?

Scarlet -

Yes, if you have any units out you cannot reset.
Page 1 2