Forums

Friendly Discussion on War

Open Fergx opened this discussion on 23rd February 2017

Fergx 5 weeks ago

For me, I would like to see some changes on a game that is based on war.

What I am proposing:

- Make war easier: This game is based around alliances being at war. The game feels like an exploration simulator in it's current state.

- Make war threatening: Mages and Thieves should start at 50% damage but Attackers should start at 100% damage.

- Buff Attackers! Attackers make up 1/4 of the player base making Mages and Thieves take up more than 1/3rd each.

- Churches, Guard Houses and Bastions should be a refuge for citizens in times of war. CH/GH should protect citizens from black magic and operations but would be weak against invasions. Bastions should be weak vs black magic and ops but strong against invasions.

- Churches and Guard Houses should not block spells/ops but just reduce the damage (We have SoD and TT for that). Bastions should reduce the damage from Invasions only (If they aren't being removed).

- Add in Ages for the Age. i.e. Dark, Feudal, Castle, Imperial (Taken from AoE): Each Age adds a bonus to the tribe based on their class/race. Each bonus is stronger than the last.

These are all the ideas I can come up with at this point.

How do you feel about the current state of the game?

inb4 Sanzo is the first one to say something. [up][heart]

Sanzo last month

something

Smikis 5 weeks ago

find a solution to allow playerbase have life too, 95% of deaths I've had is when I was either sleeping or a way for a day, not sure if I will continue playing orkfia in this state after this age, setting up alarm at middle the night just to make sure you arent killed is not my thing anymore.

PS been telling that attackers need buff for half a year now, still completely useless as attacker even with science.. attacking is costly, leaves you vulnerable, destroys less than mage/thief with 2-3 tick regen and takes 5-6 return time for most attackers without science.. what a complete and utter joke.

Mage casts his 6 tick regen, and will destroy 3 times of my raze,for free, without fear of being hit or unable to hitback.. working as intended.. ha right

Fisk 5 weeks ago

The game has always been like that. Most times I've died its been when I slept.
A decade or so ago I used to set alarms middle of night for KTs. We also used to long-distance phone eachother middle of night if we saw a friend getting hit.
Today, if I get attacked at night, I don't care, sleep is worth more ^^

On the attacker note; a standard is often more effective then a raze, need to be in range though...
And, in my personal opinion, being vulnerable because you send out is part of the thrill.

There have been various attempts to change this, one I remember you needed to have weaponries for raze to damage at all, but this instead made attackers overpowered, so the problem became T/M was too weak..

Smikis 5 weeks ago

Attacking should be stronger than being thief or mage..
Being mage should be weakest option as its completely free, yet attackers can pay 8-10mln just for a raze, with FoR and barracks get 1/3 of what mage can do with regen during which attacker comes back.

Scarlet 5 weeks ago

Make a suggestion on how you'd like it to be done smikis. :)

I agree something needs to happen. Standard attack is generally better better for killing than raze by ~20-30%

And I usually run 20% guilds as an attacker. Means you get smoked though...

Sanzo 5 weeks ago

Attackers have been shafted for a while.
Raze and BC are terrible, they should be worthwhile in war,

Smikis 5 weeks ago

first off remove 2 extra turns, I don't know who or why came up with it, but it is completely unnecessary, mage will still do more damage with 4 ticks worth of regen, while spending 0 on troop losses. Or increase damage at least 2x and make add building damage back to weaps.

Only legitimate kills that happen will happen over 2 turns, having bc on 4 ticks razing 100 buildings, while mage does 400, is still not good enough

Gus Fring 5 weeks ago

Smikis, if you want to have proper rest, 12%CH and 15% GH's(where you started off with until 24 hours before you got killed) won;t cut it.

If you are top 5-10 tribe you know people are luring for a kill. You took way too much risk by having 10% wps and 10% walls, while you should have focussed more on TM defence.

In the end it all comes down to a good mixture of TM's protection, good team work, mil vs citz ratio and activity. If you choose to be less active for a day, you'll have to increase TM def:)

We already decreased from 12 to 8 tribes an ally. So if you can't survive a KT it's probably because one of these above were a bit off:(

Smikis 5 weeks ago

I had way more def than that when I got killed and even with 25% 25% it would mattered not, I do not plan my day around orkfia, to suddenly rebuild everything so I can survive 12 hours without logging in while being kill target of 2 top alliances, I had to run walls/weaps so you would not suicide on me, which you still did, not that it mattered as you never sleep anyway and I do, orkfia requires way too much time now, calculating attacks become even bigger chore, you need to log inevery 3-4 hours jut to maximise your potential and taking a day off will either kill you or make you fall back so much its same as dying

Gus Fring 5 weeks ago

If you are aiming to be #1 tribe you might need to login every 3-4 hours. Imho you were to greedy with low TM protections, thats why #24 and #14 targetted you initially.

With 25% GH and TT it'll give autofail of close to 85%(as you were almost full sci) with another 3-5 tpa they will fail huge amount. Could have used 100 raw opa for 10% martial law to shut off all thievery ops on you.

Similar for CH's:)

Too much focussed on #1 tribe instead of supporting your alliance:)

I do sleep 8 hours a night:)

Sanzo 5 weeks ago

Smikis is not complaining about getting killed though, he is arguing that attackers don't do a lot of damage [8)]

Don't be smug, Gus Fring

Gus Fring 5 weeks ago

I am referring to the first section of his first post.

People running suiecides builds get killed, people running not enough TM gets killed.

Basically it comes down to if you take high risks, for whatever reason, you get higher risks of ketting killed. Simple.

OOW, with proper TM defence you can survive even if you sleep.

imho he is complaining about getting killed in his sleep initially.

I know Smikis, he has a tendency to complain a lot. And so do you:)

Fisk 5 weeks ago

This is not directed to anyone in specific posting in this thread:
Please refrain from personal attacks in public forums.
If you have complaints do a report to staff, or preferably PM the tribe and ask them to stop.

Fergx 5 weeks ago

This is a friendly discussion [up]

Smikis 5 weeks ago

protection I had was enough to survive all kill attempts if were I active, cannot run martial law when inactive either, running extra 5% ch/gh would not saved me, once I realized that I wont be login into orkfia for whole day, I knew if anyone attempts to kill me I will be dead and so I was and no you dont sleep... Gus

Sanzo 5 weeks ago

Quote: Gus Fring
I am referring to the first section of his first post.

Ok let's look at his post: [:|]

Quote: Smikis
first off remove 2 extra turns, I don't know who or why came up with it, but it is completely unnecessary, mage will still do more damage with 4 ticks worth of regen, while spending 0 on troop losses. Or increase damage at least 2x and make add building damage back to weaps.

Only legitimate kills that happen will happen over 2 turns, having bc on 4 ticks razing 100 buildings, while mage does 400, is still not good enough

This is his entire post. I don't see any complaints about getting killed here, He only asserts that 2hrs general resting time after crusade and raze is dumb

Quote: Gus Fring
Smikis, if you want to have proper rest, 12%CH and 15% GH's(where you started off with until 24 hours before you got killed) won;t cut it.

Here you are going off-topic wanting to brag about killing him, even though he didn't complain about not getting enough sleep LOL

Gus Fring 5 weeks ago

Sigh.....that's not his first post😑

Please read again.

And I am not bragging because didn't participate in the kill just saying with more TM prot he would have have been killed 95% of the times in 😴

Page 1