Forums

Age 52 changes

Open Archived Bolle opened this discussion on

Bolle -

Age 52 changes

We have focused on rebalancing thievery and magic. We have also addressed the issue of co-op and multi wars: alliances engaged in more than one war can now either choose to surrender or to use their new damage bonus.

Guide and wiki

Our goal is to provide comprehensive information for veteran players on the wiki and use the guide as a source of information for new players. Currently, the guide is more or less up-to-date, but the wiki requires a lot of work. Please add stuff or just read up on the fascinating game details Dev will put there!

The wiki can be found on http://orkfia.wikia.com/wiki/ORKFiA_Wiki

Rankings

– Ranking system: Remove power gained forty days ago.
– Each year (= 12 hours), points are given based on your position in the rankings:

Position / points
1 25
2 18
3 15
4 12
5 10
6 8
7 6
8 4
9 2
10 1

Hostility

Apply global damage modifier to military losses except for Standard Attack, Commandeer and Barren Grab (effectively halves military losses OOW on destructive attacks).

After a war between two alliances ends, hostility between them does not accumulate for 12 months.

War changes

Added information: We have won/lost X wars. Our last war was against Y.
Added information: the enemy alliance has gained x% of required power to win the war.
Added button: are you sure you want to surrender?

Damage modifier
Your alliance deals 15% extra damage for every alliance you are at war with on top of the first (so at war with 2 alliances = +15%, with 3 = +30%). This is a flat bonus. Example: you start the war with the second alliance with 65% damage instead of 50*1.15=57.5%, and it will go up until 115% damage. This bonus is not shared: the alliances you are at war with do not have 'your' bonus, though they can have one of their own.

Surrender condition
If an alliance is at war with more than one alliance they have the option to surrender every war except the one that began last.

Fame gains
((enemy_land/100)+500) → ((enemy_land/500)+300)
If you lose a war, each tribe loses 200 fame.

Power
Destroying a building yields 1 power. → Destroying a non-home building yields 1 power.
Destroying 1 home yields (target_land/target_homes)*0.24 + 0.2

Spell changes

MP = Guilds * x → MP = Guilds * (0.5+x)

Spell base costs are raised by 33%. So if the base cost was 15 it becomes 20.

Earthquake destroys 1% guilds/hideouts/academies → Earthquake destroys 0.5% guilds/hideouts/academies

Conjured Focus effect added: 1-8 acres explored each month

Deep Forest effect removed: +2500 wood each month

Pestilence: Has a 2.5% chance to spread on aggressive thievery operations (Poison Water, Arson, Wildfire, Tunneling, Thieves Rebellion, Engineered Explosives, Ambush) provided these operations destroyed buildings (exception is Ambush, which has to be successful). Obviously, this can only occur if the thief doing the operations is infected with Pestilence.
Doing operations on a thief with Pestilence cannot infect you with pestilence.

Operation changes

Costs
The TP base costs of every operation are changed to 75% of their original cost (excludes self ops and intel ops).

Thieves to send
Some of you may remember that a few ages ago we changed thieves to send from 1 per enemy acre to 0.7. Since thievery is now based on your own acre we wish to change it back to the much easier 1 thief per own acre.
Send 0.7 thieves per own acre on black operations (except Ambush and PW) -> Send 1 thief per own acre on black operations (except Ambush and PW).

Tunneling
Now requires 1 thief per own acre.

Ambush gains are no longer affected by the global modifier (= not halved gains OOW).

Sorted operations by type: intel, self ops (includes thieves trap), black ops. We did not sort them alphabetically because we think people are used to the current order.

Attack changes

BC destroys (land*0.04) academies, (land*0.02) guilds and hideouts, and kills 5% thieves and mystics. → BC destroys 15% academies, 7.5% guilds and hideouts, and kills 5% thieves and mystics.

Raze destroys land*0.023 homes → Raze destroys ((land*0.012) + (homes*0.04) homes.
Examples: target with 45% homes loses 1.8+1.2=3% and is thus left with 42% homes. Target with 30% homes loses 1.2+1.2=2.4% and is thus left with 27.6% homes. Target with 15% homes loses 1.2+0.6=1.8% homes and is thus left with 13.2% homes.

Building change

Hideouts:
Hideouts now hold 40 citizens instead of 10. Race modifiers apply. This change intends to solve inefficiency issues related to the switch from 0.7 to 1 tpa per op.

Race changes

Viking: x2 military killed → x1.5 military killed.

Undead:
Mummy 850 cr → 800 cr
Vampire 1200 cr → 1150 cr

Light Elf:
Magical Void, Cleanse, Heal, Seal of Deflection and Fountain of Resu cost 50% less mana → Magical Void, Cleanse, Heal, Seal of Deflection, Enchantress Salem, Winds of Distress and Fountain of Resu cost 50% less mana.

Scout 350 cr → 250 cr

Dark Elf

Mana regenerates 75% faster then normal → Mana regenerates 50% faster than normal.

Wood Elf

+25% max thievery plans → Now also includes +25% regen.

Brittonian

Trait added: Thieves return in two hours.
Their hideouts now hold 65 citizens instead of 35.

Fame

We had planned a big fix on all fame gains but we didn't get around to it. So we've done a quick-fix of one issue:

Size no longer modifies fame gained through magic.

Fix starting build for Templars and Mori Hai
Templars and Mori Hai will now start with 45 farms instead of 35.

Weather's Light
Now yields 13.5 kgs of food per thief sent.

Enjoy playing! And don't forget to check out the wiki!

~Staff

VorteX -

Sorry if I may sound stupid, but is fame gained through thief ops based on size as well?

Apart from that, nice changes, I love the multi-war damage modifier.

Bolle -

Thief ops fame gains are based on buildings destroyed.

Mage fame gains involved three steps:

1. base fame.
2. modify with *1.5 if the target has more fame.
3. apply size modifier.

We removed the last part.

For next age we wish to make a more reasonable system in which we take the spell/op difficulty and mp/tp base cost into account. We may also apply a modifier in case the target has more fame, but dunno that yet.

Halc -

so, yes...op fame is size based [;)]

Bolle -

Yes.

We removed the following from fame:

Step 3
ratio = target_size / source_size
if (ratio > 4) then
fame = 0
else if (ratio >= 1.34) then
fame = fame * 0.5
else if (ratio >= 0.75) then
fame = fame
else if (ratio >= 0.5) then
fame = fame * 0.5
else if (ratio >= 0.25) then
fame = fame * 0.25
else
fame = 0

Bolle -

I have to correct myself. Power is not reset at the start of age 52.

But the application of the 'power is removed 40 days after it's gained' may have an immediate effect on your alliance's power ranking.

Example: it's likely that #16 will lose A LOT of power, whereas #24 will still have most of theirs.

VorteX -

And when will these changes be uploaded?

VorteX -

By the way - when will the Orks receive some attention? Currently MH and UH suck, they're pretty useless. RH aren't that popular either, and OH is the only useful one of the lot. It's a shame because Orks were always meant to be the favourites of attack-minded people

Halc -

and do something about the fact that dwarves seem like the best choice for a mage and owls shitting on all other thieves

Bolle -

And when will these changes be uploaded?

1-2 days before the age starts, but the points (which determine who wins) will not start counting until the age really starts.

when will the Orks receive some attention?

The nerf on Vikings is an implicit boost for UH. Mori Hai received a significant cost decrease last age. UH, RH and OH received significant boosts in the age 50 changes. In other words, I don't know when, but maybe you should try them out? [;)]

dwarves seem like the best choice for a mage and owls shitting on all other thieves

Is it a coincidence that you chose the two races who will inevitably have to pay most citz to be able to deal most damage? e.g. do you define 'best choice' as in 'highest damage output'. Please take a look at Brittonian, Wood Elf and Light Elf for thieves, and at Eagle and Templar for mages.

Halc -

best choice as in dealing on par if not more damage and by far safer and harder to kill than other mages. shitting all over other thieves as in i do not want to be anything other than an owl when i'm warring an alli with 4 owls

VorteX -

Yeah significant nerf on Vikings [8)] a real game changer!

The UH's military loss counters its offensive military loss attribute, I don't know who in his right mind would waste expensive leets just to kill enemy troops. There's rept/viking for that (the latter having a better return time than UH for military-damaging attacks).

robokop -

the reduced cost for tunneling (in tpa to send) is quite a nerf for dwarfs too :)

Halc -

i like the revised BC damage too which swings the odds against dwarf mages too

still harder to kill than shall we say, templar [:p]

Moradin -

I'm a bit sceptical about the viability of DE compared to some other casters, as well as Britt's becoming overpowered. Something really potentt needs to be set as opposit as well to get rid of their hideouts.

hardar -

Hideouts:
Hideouts now hold 40 citizens instead of 10. Race modifiers apply.

So hideouts = 8 citz for a dragon and 20 for a balrog?

Bolle -

Correct Hardar.

@Moradin, I'm also worried about Britts. I wanted to give one race a 2 hour return time and it could not be spirit who are already played so much [:p]

If Owl are still too good after the succession of nerfs we've done to them, well... that would be nasty. The statistics still show Owl and Dark Elf on top, though.

hardar -

I wanted to give one race a 2 hour return time and it could not be spirit who are already played so much

Maybe that would have been the way to promote another thief race. Mori Hai maybe.

Bolle -

They're hybrids (thief attacker, homes count as HO + 3 hr attack time), can't give them a pure thief trait.

hardar -

Giving Britt 2 hrs return on thief + CF + 25% rp prod make them a nice lab farm.

CBeast -

Nice job, looks like there's a lot of work being put in lately

Fakesmile -

Fix starting build for Templars and Mori Hai
Templars and Mori Hai will now start with 45 farms instead of 35.

why not letting their citz consume less?

VorteX -

Because that would make templars OP

Pollito -

Thanks for the updates Joe [:D]

Joe -

I didn't say anything and have been only semi-active so my part in this changes is really small (that's why they're so good!!!)

Smokey -

How does the new mp/tp change affect Eagles and their mp/tp production. Also, the wording in the guide is slightly ambiguous. 75% extra mp/tp based on what? # of guilds, % of mp/tp generated contributed to the other resource...?

Age Change:
MP = Guilds * x → MP = Guilds * (0.5+x)

Eagle:
Guilds give 75% extra TP, but add no TP regeneration
Hideouts give 75% extra Mana, but add no Mana regeneration
Page 1 2 3