Forums

CRASH

Open Archived robokop opened this discussion on

robokop -

The server crashed and we had to restore a database from a few weeks ago. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Not everything is running yet, so we keep the game frozen for (hopefully) a short time.

Darkwing -

cool, I got killed earlier and am now at full strength again....seems my plan worked. [evilgrin]

Twinnie -

I think keeping it paused for longer is better so ppl can be aware of it

robokop -

Also I need to take a nap, and after that check if stuff isn't utterly broken still.

LoneWolf -

Gonna have to have Sanzi move me back to my own alliance again soon as things are fixed. Lost major on this but chit happens I guess.

[EDIT] Just read a post mentioning a reset. Not a half bad idea with the crash and all.....

Cecil -

Lmao in one to two updates I die of age again

michelob -

yeah me too

k-man -

Reset!! I don't want to have to kill all you people again...or do I [evilgrin]

Jolten -

I'd go for a reset. I went from 3300-567 acres... And that's huge for a dragon.

WayHigh -

i think a mass reset would be a good idea

DaBoss -

Should us pause it while you decide what to do so we can have some fun

Lord Saggy -

Poll to decide whether the community is in favour or not of a global reset?

Burning -

Global reset seems a good idea and to be fair of course.

CBeast -

How about just end all wars, give everyone 4 updates to get their tribes together and start in a couple days?

Buffy -

cbeast some of us went from like 9k acres to 500 acres or vice versa with the database death, a lot of us don't want our current tribes that we have now we want what we had 2 days ago. A reset puts everyone back on even ground :/

Skilly -

but the tribes you have now... you wanted them 2 weeks ago? but now you dont? Dont get me wrong I would love to have my tribe back from 2 days ago... but in noway would want a full reset

Twinnie -

everyone in our alliance is in for a reset and that should say a lot

we killed multiple tribes, were completely dominating the rankings and would've obviously won the age so we have the most to lose here

but a reset is the best way to keep people interested, rewinding 2 weeks isnt a problem of fairness, it's an issue to not have to go over the same stuff over again, not to mention a lot of moves and wars have already been done so opponents know whats coming [evilgrin]

CBeast -

It's just weird to call for a mass reset... Nobody will get what they had two days ago, a mass reset doesn't change that. Yes, it puts everyone on even ground, but even ground has never been a part of the game since the days of classic.

I don't really mind a mass reset, I just don't see what the point is or what it would fix

Jolten -

Regardless I'm resetting.

Jolten -

Hopefully more back ups are ran.

Kyouharu -

Should have backups of 2 or 3 days instead of 2 weeks if the servers have that kind of options. [8)][8)][:p]

DaBoss -

In my workplace we would critique the event. Identify the problems, address root causes, and determine corrective actions to prevent future reoccurrences.

Lord Saggy -

Not much can be done when the server host is at fault for crashing.

Twinnie -

Lets not fuss too much over it. Robo is dedicating a lot of his time on this free game and Im pretty sure he will be more active on the back-ups from now on. Besides the game hasnt experienced a major crash in a long long time.

DaBoss -

Lol. Totally a joke. This game is pretty much all I play on my iPad. Wish I could get people interested in it.

Gandhi -

mass reset would be really good at this point I agree :)
Page 1 2 3 4