Forums

Age 74 Changes

Open Archived Jamzi opened this discussion on

Bolle -

self ops, ambush, and intel ops.

If you want to build fame, go to war. Arsoning some farmer's shed ain't gonna make you notorious. You gotta think big - burn the whole town!

EM -

I've always been an outspoken critic against famerape, despite the fact it is something I used to do habitually. (I always went for fame rankings ^_^). But it's something I used to hear complaining about alot from newer players, and older slackers, when I ran bootcamps (and also through forums). I -love- the idea of getting rid of DM and Arson out-of-war. Tapping someone's food stores to gain fame is one thing, as it is generally not a huge deal (less citizen efficiency from fame loss, basically). Tearing apart a tribe, board and nail, for fame? It's much more detrimental, especially if that tribe is newer/less active. I've killed too many tribes by fameraping to count, and those tribes have a tendency of staying green for a long, long time. DM and Arson as an aversion to someone attacking in your alliance? Well, that's more acceptable.

taNk -

Agree with EM. [up]

[WOME] Istari -

Fame is an interesting subject, it us frustrating that in a game of numbers, that one in particular is harder for players to hold on to. I'm not saying it should be easy, however explaining to someone who is just starting up that “it is kind of a bonus, you can't (because they are just becoming active) effectively gain it and that it does not matter very much in the long run.” New players just get confused that it exists. That being said, I really enjoyed the High Elf tie in my last go round.

Sanzo -

Fame is very underrated. It is extremely useful as people with huge fame are quite invincible. Thieves need it more than anyone else tho.
I would argue giving more things fame bonuses. For example exploring 1 acre = 1 fame.

Quote: Bolle
If you want to build fame, go to war. Arsoning some farmer's shed ain't gonna make you notorious.

I Ran Out Of Charact makes an excellent point. It is not fair that non-thieves can build up their fame OOW.

EM -

I actually wouldn't mind alternative methods to gaining fame, that don't come at the expense of other tribes directly (with war ops/wins still vastly superior in terms of gain).

[WOME] Istari -

When I was attacking as a high elf, no fame inactive targets were not great targets for me, maybe self ops to generate a small amount? Something beneficial, like a disaster relief or some other public relations type activity.

[WOME] Istari -

Fame is an interesting subject, it us frustrating that in a game of numbers, that one in particular is harder for players to hold on to. I'm not saying it should be easy, however explaining to someone who is just starting up that “it is kind of a bonus, you can't (because they are just becoming active) effectively gain it and that it does not matter very much in the long run.” New players just get confused that it exists. That being said, I really enjoyed the High Elf tie in my last go round.

QuazMasta -

I like what EM is saying. I have been pondering a suggestion post on how to make thieves more “thiefy”. Now that they're losing most out of war aggression, perhaps they can gain something like “steal crowns” “infest logs with termites” or such, and by that route gain such small fame as a mage can do by poisoning crops and rusting weapons.
Maybe I'll go make a real one later this week.

Sanzo -

At one point we had an op called 'Warcrazz' which burned a portion of the target's resources.
At another point we had an op called 'Boze' which stole 10% of an enemy's incoming acres.

Darkwing -

and at one point we had no fame.... [;)]

EM -

And at one point we had no points

taNk -

When do we need to have all of our merges requested for the beginning of next age? Tomorrow? The day after? The day after that? [:|]

Tyr -

so just adding some thoughts even though i've been gone a very long time

-not sure WEs needed the extra def efficiency
-see many spells and attacks available out of war but no real mention of thievery
-nazguls losing the resistances might not be a lot but nazgul units were already quite expensive and no where as efficient as they use to be compared to other attackers

and finally just to clarify protection will allow us to update ourselves/reset as much as we want till the age start happens?

Darkwing -

taNk, 9 hours ago . Edit - Quick Edit

When do we need to have all of our merges requested for the beginning of next age? Tomorrow? The day after? The day after that?

Why would there be a deadline for merge requests?

taNk -

To have everyone merged in time for the beginning of the age... who knows what the actual merge rules entail once the age commences. [;)]

I don't want an 11 tribe alliance to be prevented from merging in a 12th tribe because they rank in the top 5... or something.

Jamzi -

To increase the chances of starting with the people in your alliance who you want in there for Age 74 it is a good idea to get your merge requests in sooner rather than later, there are no plans to change the merge rules for resets as yet however (of course we might review that if we feel people are abusing it as we “reserve the right blah blah” as per CoC). So if you want to merge after resets have started and you adhere to the existing merge rules it'll still go through.

Acwder -

Age 73 will end 29th Jan 23:59:59
Age 74 will be started manually by our Coder Admin Max sometime after this. There will be 24hrs with no action where you can reset your tribe as many times as you like to try different things.

Has the start date been set yet? I guess it would be a bit smoother not to force ppl to reset their tribes before this age ends just to be able to merg. So having some time reference other then 24 hours would make it easier for ppl planning to play:)

gl hf!

Jamzi -

quite right - we will make an announcement to clarify timing+merging shortly - thnx!

Sanzo -

Am i right to assume there will be a reset come age end?

Tyr -

so seriously only black op that can be used outside of war is ambush while mages get at least a few spells to annoy with

Bolle -

Yes.

The preferred way to change that would be to take away either wrath of cyclops or mystical rust from mages and give it to thieves.

thedritpwnskkkk -

max make game live please

Reyes -

game goes live for me at 4am[cry]

Tyr -

well i can understand arson and poison water being war only.

mages do get jura outside of war so seems fair that tunneling should be allowed for thieves as well

wildfire and engineered explosives just seem more annoying than actually threatening

edit. also might be an idea to add new thief ops targeting resources.
Page 1 2 3 4