Forums

Age 74: Merging + Timings

Open Archived Jamzi opened this discussion on

Jamzi -

Age 73 ends tonight (29th January) at 23:59:59 Server Time.

Merging

After 23:59:59 tonight the merge rules change and you are free to move your tribe from one alliance to another with the below rules:
1) You and the elder of the alliance you merge to must approve the merge either using the existing merge function or by each sending a report to #3 alliance (Operations Staff).
2) You can't merge during war
3) You can only merge in the first 3 weeks of the age (ie. no merging in the last week of the age).

Timings

Age 74 begins with all tribes being reset, in addition to market goods and alliance research being reset so everyone has an equal start.

24hrs of protection for all tribes begins Tuesday 2nd February 18:00 Server Time. First tick of the live game is Weds 3rd February 19:00.

Age 74 changes were announced a few weeks ago here: http://alliancesatwar.com/forums/news/702510/age-74-changes/

TG -

Is there no update button? We all come oop at 500 acres with whatever 3 million crowns will get us?

hardar -

yes, you train whatever you want with this money and everyone will get unpaused at the same time on 3rd feb 19 ST.

Tommies -

So first tick is at 3rd of feb19:00
Does that mean that in the 24hr protection period, we have no ticks?

Bulby -

still says we have 24 hours of activation before getting oop...

Acwder -

Bulby yes but it seems to mean that there will be a reset of some kind then 24 hours of paused game, then start. Not 24 hours of growing with update button or growing in protection.

A clarification here would be great:)

chaoss -

Hi as i read it we would have a 24 hour oop with button :). But seems changed now.

But that aside my alliance still has goods in market???
And a lot of negative goods unaccounted for

Also is there a way to choose normal website on mobile?? New layout is hard to use for me i cant find stuuf like how many crowns i have etc :)

Bulby -

clarification needed on the protection period and what and what can be done during it... do i collect income etc while in this mode or is it just straight into game play?

Sanzo -

I was also under the impression we got to use the update button for24 ticks

Tommies -

yes....I am in doubt as well.

Bolle said this in the sugstion tread yesterday:

Afaik there will be no protected period - you're immediately part of the game, there's no in-protection period to use.

What you can do ofc is try out different starting setups.

Tommies -

If thats the case, whats the difference between the game being “paused” and the “protection period”? Might as well just being paused until the first live tick on the 3rd of feb 19:00 ST[:(]

bloodball -

I think it means that when the age start everybody will be out of protection. I can try different starts by resetting your tribe after you build your stuff..

Scumbag -

So, it means that during protection, you don't get any money, plans and mana.
Also, everyone starts without mana and plans.
Selfspells are running for 18 hours... all tribes will start OOP without mana and plans
You only have to shuffle with your buildings and training enough sollies for a decend def/off with the 3 million you get.

Thieves are not full plans during the first 8-9 hours after OOP.

It's like the same we try to do now...

and no explore..

Sanzo -

I thought we would get protection period for 24 ticks.
Thats why we would get update button... to test what we could do for 24h?

24hrs of protection for all tribes begins Tuesday 2nd February 18:00 Server Time. First tick of the live game is Weds 3rd February 19:00.

Is this protection period where we can get updates?

hardar -

Starting resources
All tribes start at 500 acres with 3 million crowns (subject to race modifiers).
They can train and build instantly for a 24 hour period to enable people to trial different races/strategies but no actual time passes.
Building is free during this time.

Nope there aren't any udpates. The confusion comes from the fact that the reset was supposed to happen 24 hrs before the start of the next age.
It has been decided to give more time between the ages and the reset was done earlier.

We apologize for the confusion caused by unclear communication.

TG -

Can we start with more resources then so there is actually something to test? Enough so you can explore or train?

Bolle -

Nope [;)]

Normally, there'll be a 24 hour period so everyone has time to choose a rac and think of a strategy; while elders have time to look at alliance strategies.

max -

Game has been reset. About 24 hours from now (Wednesday 18.00-ish) the game will be unpaused, with the first game tick at 19.00.

Del -

So will there be any ticks that pass, that we are all green in protection, but updates happen for 24 hours before we come OOP?

max -

There is no ticks before the game is unpaused.

Del -

Oh. Well that is interesting.

Del -

Would it be possible to put together some detailed info on how resets work for the current setup? I only ask because they seem to be a mix between infinity and the old resets - so it's hard to know what exactly to plan for.

Bolle -

Everyone starts at 500 acres.
Everyone starts with the same amount of cash, except if your race has a cost increase that's due to having extra citizens/homes.
There is no period before going out of protection, because that's an added layer of complexity. Just starting right away is simpler.
You can declare war whenever you want to.
When you die you should reset right away since your time of death is used to decide how much acres you're gonna get if you start again. Also don't reset after the age really starts (tomorrow), it's probably gonna screw you up with exactly 500 acres.

Bolle -

Also, remember to press the START NOW button when you're happy with your setup. If you don't, everyone will start tomorrow but - you won't.

bloodball -

excited!

Scumbag -

2016-02-03 18:59:58 «» Return of xxx (#24) has attacked the returning military of yyy (#28) and commandeered 68 acres

this is not possible as First tick of the live game is Weds 3rd February 19:00.“”
Page 1 2