Forums

State of the game.

Open Archived Hoffie opened this discussion on

Hoffie -

Hey was jus wondering what is being done to try increase the player base and keep new players?

any1 knw?

Darkwing -

I believe we'll get monthly payments to keep players, not sure whats being done to increase the player base.

Pollito -

Yeah, im completely stumped... All we can do is vote, vote and get ork in a high ranked slot, and hopefully some curious players decide to check out the game and stay :/ or maybe one day slowly but, surely the old players will come back

Hoffie -

Tbh i dont think old players are coming back...if anything they r dropping like flys too (from my exp)

And how long has the voting been goin on?? do u honestly feel its working???

Pollito -

In mine perspective. Its not working at all, were competeting with games that have a player base way higher than ours i mean look at hobowars for example. The best thing to do is to vote, vote, vote... If the old players arent returning were better off getting new players who wil stay and enjoy ork

mazja -

monthly payments? wheres my check martel?

jammed -

Hoffie: the game requires too much time. after my i graduate college, i'll stop playing ork and focus on the real life.

Hoffie -

I understand RL comes first I was just askin the question to kinda spark ppl into thinking....maybe into acting.
As a community of ork players shouldn't we all be interested in this subject??,

Pollito -

This topic has been running in my mind for years

Pooptoday -

12 is all old people coming back

Staylifted -

dont lie

Pollito -

Half new half grumished vets :)

jammed -

Pollito, 7 hours ago

In mine perspective. Its not working at all, were competeting with games that have a player base way higher than ours i mean look at hobowars for example. The best thing to do is to vote, vote, vote... If the old players arent returning were better off getting new players who wil stay and enjoy ork

the problem is that the new players quit the game because it is hard for them to grow without proper guidance from the vets.

Aqualightnin -

games such as this spread like wildfire through word of mouth. show the game to your brothers, your sisters, your friends, cousins, co-workers, and even your tax preparers. get everyone you know to at least try the game. then those who enjoy it, encourage them to do the same.

this game does have a bit of a learning curve, so be sure to not just give a URL and say “good luck!” accept them as “students” of a sort and teach them all that you know. those who succeed in orkfia, enjoy orkfia :)

at the very least, if you're not interested in the direct route, leave an anonymous poster or two around with our URL and brief description. this is a volunteer based community game. expand our community and the game will prosper :)

Fakesmile -

i'm an old player from orkia.org

i enjoyed it and decided to come back couple of months ago now, bit disapointed that it is so quiet but am trying to teach newbies so they'll like the game and stay and ask there friends

mazja -

YAY FOR FAKESMILE!

diddo

Tangleland -

well utopia has gotten stupid as hell, so 12 of us came over at once, and there's about 8 more on the way. Hopefully the word will spread.

BladetheWicked -

Tangleland, just now

well utopia has gotten stupid as hell, so 12 of us came over at once, and there's about 8 more on the way. Hopefully the word will spread.

that's what we're looking for!!!

Wolfbrother -

I haven't played utopia but this is not the first time utopia players came over. What are the differences between aatw and utopia, if you don't mind?

Tangleland -

This game is like “utopia the directors cut”

I don't even know how to explain it otherwise. its the same strategy based war game idea, but the KD's (alliances) are bigger. And it's a lot more simplistic. Less races. You should just check it out... Then post in the forums how the game sucks and you're coming back here ;)

BladetheWicked -

utopia if you like:
- 24-hour attack time
- capitalization
- 45-50 normal dpa
- politics at its worst (read: inter-KD NAPS, multi-kd gangbang)
- no 1 tick kills (unless you have a very stupid build or you got 2 kingdoms with 24 players each opping/grabbing you in 1 tick
- you don't get to pick who to play with

i've played utopia starting age 8 when HoDF was the biggest, and I discovered ork and never looked back

Wolfbrother -

lol... I'm not going to try it out in that case.
Thanks.

Pollito -

Dont even think about it Wolfy ;) Utopia sounds like Tales of Elveron, tried it like a year and change ago... Pretty lame and frustrating game, Not many races, too many resources to manage, more units, every units training time varies, they have the same type of attacks as ork. Oh and i dont like that 12hr train time for your strongest unit... Attacking is like 10 and retreat 6...

Pollito -

Im really glad the word of ork is spreading :D i just wish id be 80 people instead of 8 headed our way :) but, atm ork needs all the players it can possibly get

Tangleland -

yeah in utopia, a failed attack is out just as long as a succesful one.

EM[barassing] -

Alot of us came from Utopia actually, initially
Page 1 2 3 4 5