Forums

State of the game.

Open Archived Hoffie opened this discussion on

Pollito -

Cant you really choose what kingdom/alliance you want to be in?

Jamzi -

yeah the game “Orkfia” was initially made by disenting Utopia players who thought they could do a better job themselves (and they did in my opinion). I came here (well to “Orkfia” which has now evolved to AatW) from Utopia in 2002 with my Utopia Kingdom but I am the last remaining one :'(

I don't know if you can choose which kingdom you are in now but ten years ago when I played it you could not. The only way to play with people you chose was to trade accounts which was of course illegal within Utopia but was done by the top kingdoms. I suppose the idea was good as it meant everyone had a fair chance (if they stuck to the rule) and the elite players wouldnt all be in one alli but in practical terms it was just annoying as if you should lose your account for whatever reason then you can never go back with the same group of people which is sad.

Sasuke Uchiha -

i don't play utopia but kurusetra (actually it is just same game) before my master orkfia, hardys as blezzer, told me about this orkfia.net game, and here i am until now.

Hoffie -

Utopia uses a invite system now, so u can get in with a good group of ppl

Lady -

invites are very limited however... much better system here.

Bill -

So back to why the player base here is dwindling?

Bill -

Pollito -

People play ork as one time ponies. They come here leave their mark and leave (DN) some get bored and just dissapear. Idk the reason. some say time, dedication, etc. Yes orkfia is demanding unlike other games where you can log in once or twice per day or week and do your thing. Ive noticed that alot of mafia games are spawning.

Pollito -

That whole you run the city, yadada youre gonna work to be the best kingpin. Its all generic stuff out there. they all tell you its a mafia game unlike the other but, its all b.s its the same shit with something new, orkfia is one of the few overlooked original games that people should look. At the reason why we have a lowplayer base. Idk why

HaRRy -

At least that's not true. Only if you compare it to 6 years ago or so.

There are now more players than 1 year back and 2 years back. I don't have statistics from before that.

Corian -

yeah harry, but is the feeling not the people playing... there r almost noone in the fare list... if u r an attacker u r always taking land from the same guys and that...

Fakesmile -

yeah and fameraping the same guys..

Wolfbrother -

There's your answer.

Corian -

I like what someone here sayed... why nt inviting friends, family, relatives...

Why not veterans, instead of staying all together in the same ally, they just split in new and differents ally... i mean some veterans is ok, but all veterans in the same ally is boring: all the years is exactly the same: 3 (or as much 4) allies rule the game because old players r in it... ohh yeah in thos 3 allies they r always 2 new peoplo replacing someone missing, bahhh that is not improvement!

Bootcamps? no, bootcamp concept is different because u r just training people that u don´t really know, and maybe u r not doing ur best for them to love the game... u r just teaching the game, and as u have ur own ally, u maybe don´t be “just in time” for tips or advices.
But FriendCamps sounds different: like is something urs and u can teach not only the way of playing, moreover u can teach the funny things about the game...

But we should do something all together...

I know that is not possible for all of us, but think that if only 5 veterans can recruit a whole (or almost a whole) ally the game will be much funnier. And 5 players is not that much! the problem is to recruit at the same time, right?... and with “Infinity” running is more difficult... but maybe we can say: ok Age 38, 40, or 50 we put in play those new allys... How? we can create a new post while vets can trully say if they r recruiting and when their teams will be ready to start playing... after reaching, dunno, 3 allys? they start all together...

Just some thoughs... Am I crazy???

Some help or any constructive idea???

nimrodel -

i think , boot camp are good but.
A good idee is to allow some selected “older” player to have second account in bootcamp for teaching players...

Fakesmile -

i can tell what we did,

we had some new guys in the alli, we thaught them how to play, and they formed a new alli themselfes. maybe all should do that, teach new guys, keep them motivated and active and then let them form an own alli [:D]

Corian -

yeah, but coordination is the clue... if can ring some more people at the game at the same time they will c the activity of the game and they will really like it, so many of them will remain... so yeah I agree to teach noobs, but i for sure will put my est if those noobs r moreover my friends... teach them and after that let them fly... will be great...

Fakesmile -

so maybe all allies need a buffer of 2 more recruits, so when a new player joins he will get into an active (teaching) alli, he will be trained one or two ages and then he can move to another for a more permanent spot alli.

Hoffie -

I still teach newwer players from a alliance i formed a while back. seams a ork player is a rare breed and not every1 gets it or is willing to spend the time getting it.

The guide here is allot better than other games mainly utopia so the training aspect is easy for any1 actually wanting to learn and spend the time with some guidance from a experienced player.

I think (and may be wrong) that for the newwer players they get frustrated about being attacked all the time and killed...or even just fame raped, all the time because some alliances are happy to do this instead of focusing efforts to challange for the #1 spot

Fakesmile -

famerape is frustrating for everyone , not only the newbies, it is part of the game.

Yeah the guide is really good, i use it allot to learn the newbs

Hoffie -

its more so for the new players. i have been playing for years and knw its a part of the game so its less frustrating (i get my fame back one way or another) but for a new player its different. feels like hes being bullied!

Wolfbrother -

yeah, starting at 400 acres and getting hit by players 10x your size with no way to retaliate would definitely turn people off. Yes, it's bullying and it's part of the game.

Fakesmile -

true, but if new players ask politely i would stop fameraping. but some.... man they just deserve being fameraped hard!! lol

Hoffie -

Never said it wasn't! Look at it from a new players point of view not yours! Most new players don't wanna log on every hour like me, they don't wanna be the biggest attacker around. They tend to want growth and medium activity mixed with some naughty spells on other tribes.....untill they have there first war! That somehow kickstarts that ork feeling! [evilgrin]
They either love it from then on or hate it and leave!

That's how it was in my noob alliance could have been a 1off but that's from my exp.

What I would find better instead of a full shake up of alliances would be a sort of buddie system where a new player is assigned an active vet as a mentor. Give it a more personal touch

nimrodel -

i like idee of mentor... because that don't means that mentor must be in same ally.
Maybe we can send a link to the new tribe for a topic in world forum “mentor Topic”.
where they can find several name of tribe who can help them
Page 1 2 3 4 5