Forums

The market

Open Archived Jamzi opened this discussion on

Jamzi -

I just don't get it - what's it for now?

Joe -

I don't understand the question. What are you asking?

Sir Mecklin -

I think he is saying he does not understand the point of having a market now

Darkwing -

it rucks and you know it! [:p]

Sir Mecklin -

yah to make it even we should just have a at large market for all of orkfia where all aliances can access it. that would make things interesting.

Pollito -

Sir Mecklin, 2 hours ago, edited

I think he is saying he does not understand the point of having a market now

lol he

Sir Mecklin -

she my bad[:p]

Jamzi -

it's ok, i've been called worse ;) and yes that's what I was asking.. what is the point of the market now?

Bolle -

How about the first essential function: to store your goodies?

Darkwing -

Whats the point of storing my goodies if i cant get them out again? [:p]

Bolle -

Imagine a huge warehouse in your home town. There's loads of goodies in there. You take some you don't own, and then you're surprised that next time you come, the owner doesn't allow you to take your own goodies until you've paid back what you took before?

Joe -

Market has basically two functions:
1- Storage of goods with complete safety from other alliances (but not your own alliance mates!)
2- Trading of goods with alliance mates

This is quite unchanged with the market change, when the market had precisely the same two functions. So I don't see the precise point of the question?

Sweets -

Market

The market will be changed! See http://alliancesatwar.com/forums/news/407798/age-42-changes-to-the-market/0-4 for a summing up. Here's the basics:

- A tribe's goods are put into the 'unaccounted goods' section upon death (this is already the case).
- The goods in the unaccounted goods section slowly decay.
- Similarly, the deficits (negative amounts of goods, so when it's got - in front and is written in red) in the unaccounted goods section slowly decay!
- The game does whatever it can to prevent this from taking away all the wood in your market stock in a day just because the dead guy pumped all the wood for the whole alliance.
- The game does nothing whatsoever to prevent this from happening with the soldier stock in your market. So pay special attention to that.

This is not news. Dev has been advising of this for a number of ages now. It's actually very close to the market we had back in original Orkfia, so that in itself should make a lot of you happy. In another 3 or 4 weeks it should be completely flushed and running in a way that's quite clear to decipher.

Joe -

Whats the point of storing my goodies if i cant get them out again? [:p]

What's the point of adressing everybody in Orkfia with such info while the one stealing your soldiers is in your own alliance? You could just pm him or make an alliance thread...

Bolle -

Actually the unaccounted for section is almost completely zeroed out by now. What's left is bad policy, e.g. Darkwing (or someone else from his alliance) dying of age with a soldier deficit and now blaming his own (or his alliance mate's) soldier deficit for not allowing him to buy soldiers.

Sanzo -

Sometimes I ponder if having a market reset would've been a better solution

Bolle -

so did I but not when I realized all the credits you'd hoarded up to that point would've been lost [:p]

HaRRy -

Now it's just you losing street creds ;)

/me gives new creds to Bolle, doing a [up] job!

I do however wonder, is there any implication for new tribes/alliances? Of course better than what it was(old alliances having a big advantage) but does everyone have enough starting goods with the market being empty?

max -

To me the new market seems much like the market in old orkfia. The resets in old orkfia practically meant you only had the goods you and your alli-mates put there that age. This new market is the same except what you put there this lifespan instead of this age.

To me the question “what's it for now?” is then a question why there ever was a market to begin with...

Bolle -

If you create a new tribe you start out with military. The problem Darkwing described occurs when you receive heritage - then you get money instead of military. This problem is then largely offset by simply using your citizens to train soldiers (instantly) and train those into defense.

This leaves only one potential problem: you simply may not have enough citizens to train enough soldiers to train enough defence.

HaRRy -

Just code to populate citz to max citz space on restart and unless you need more than 1 soldier for a defense unit this can not pose a problem.

Or maybe give a bunch of soldiers to start with, this should get people around for a few days and you also wouldn't have to worry about people not understanding that soldiers are instantly trained.

max -

Just code to populate citz to max citz space on restart

Thats done already. (Well except it doesnt include bonuses like elendian and since you start with a bunch of barrens you lose a tiny bit there too...)

Joe -

I don't think there are races that are inefficient/cheap enough to be able to turn all citizens into def with their starting money (unless you have huge heritage, but that still wouldn't force you to use ALL your money). If such a race would exist it would be intrinsically unplayable anyway so I don't think we need to be concerned about it :P

Twinnie -

owl going all theif can come pretty close XD

Sanzo -

Pfft Owl attacker is less efficient [up]

Jamzi -

Ah OK. I am someone who plays the game for fun/casually rather than keeping up with all the “might be” changes just because I don't find that stuff interesting anymore. Hence I didn't really know what would happen with the change.

I guess I didn't see the point of the market because of my unique circumstances in not having researched fully/prepared but merely bumbling along in the manner of a regular casual player. I don't expect you to cater for us since we are the minority now after all.

For those of you wondering how this might have affected my game i'll just say it has made it unplayable for the near future for myself and my alli mates, 3 of who had just restarted (so needing a lot of soldiers) and two of who are awaiting restart. Shame I wasn't fully prepared like the people who implemented the change but oh well - my bad!!

Actually this isn't like old Orkfia because then I knew a reset was coming because I was actually excited about it. Now time goes on and on and on and on and on so I am lucky if I care my tribe is dead or alive. Ahh none of it really matters anyway, including this thread. yawn.
Page 1 2