Forums

Discuss Age 107 Changes

Closed Smokey opened this discussion on

Smokey -

Last time I checked, citizens cannot hold anything.

Citizen hold -33%

I think you meant to say homes my friend. :)

Thanks.

Mistro -

I might have misunderstood, The infrastructure science change says +1% MILITARY UPKEEP.

+ meaning more science makes upkeep more expensive? is that intentional or is it meant to be 1% LESS military upkeep?

Sanzo -

Its a penalty bonus

Kairon -

Are there going to be any race swaps or major changes this next age ? [:D]

Peanut -

High Elf
Add: Do not gain Longbowmen when attacking other Elves
Change: Liberation: 10 Longbowmen instantly join your army per acre conquered --> Longbowmen return with army.
Basic Slinger 0/1 75 cr --> 0/0 75cr

how many longnow men what does that mean?

so unclear

Kairon -

Damn it that 0/1 basic was clutch Haha

I like the longbowmen change [up]

Death bonus to be reset bonus ? What exactly does that mean

Scarlet -

Ie.
@smokey
First I heard. The wording makes it confusing tbh.

@kairon
The starting land formula is changing.
Dying will be the reset formula + a bonus.

Starting land via reset is lower, while dying land bonus gets better the longer your tribe was alive.

Starting money will now be based off land, and a bonus if you died instead of just elapsed ticks.

@peanut Still same number of longbowmen. The new longbowmen are added as in training with same ticks as returning army (4, maybe 3 with science)

Hal -

Hm it will be interesting next age to see if HE is still OPed early age without a race to balance it like raven

Scarlet -

Just hit HE 2nd tick if they suicide,as a t/m

Their defence won't come in until tick 4.

Hal -

they still won't lose much, when def spec gain value outstrips any amount of mine income. guess we'll see.

i did say they'd all die though..and we are still on track for that, only 1 more to go for staty of age outside of #20 [;)]

Gabba -

So can we get a clear answer on the Citizen hold -33%.

Is it all buildings or just homes ?

max -

Total max pop is reduced by 33%, it includes everything.

Gabba -

Thank you.

Gabba -

Will you update the guide for this or are we just going to have to do the math ourselves? How is the rounding? Is it up or down on uneven numbers?

Kingk88 -

Orkfia feels like a 17yr beta . Constant changes every single age . And with 107 changes added its getting boring . Can we not find a age and stick to basic layouts and formulas.

Scarlet -

Can we not find a age and stick to basic layouts and formulas.

Can you elaborate?

Sanzo -

Quote: Gabba
Will you update the guide for this or are we just going to have to do the math ourselves?

The guide will not be updated. However, the effects for this special event will be displayed on the Global News page.
Additionally, I will update my kill calc to reflect these changes.

For regular non-Brittonian races, home hold is 200. For Brittonians, it's 267

Quote: Gabba
How is the rounding? Is it up or down on uneven numbers?

The buildings themselves are not rounded. Only the total end number is rounded (and its rounded down). So if you have 100 buildings that hold 6.67 citizens, you will have 667 citizens from those buildings. Not 600 citizens.

Hal -

i like the idea of a special age..but i'm getting too old for this

lots of balance issues with races so pick carefully, e.g. HE will be even more OPed in a short age

Kairon -

Many races could be easily overpowered in a short age if played correctly I think the ages are only too long by about a week to be honest... week 2 and 3 are the best in an age if your in a warring alliance [evilgrin]

Hal -

or it coupd be an explore fest..we'll see

Scarlet -

There's a method to this madness. [evilgrin]
What came first?
The decision to make the age 3 weeks,
or the decision to make everyone have less citizens?

And as always if you've got suggestions, make one! You may have noticed a few have made it in to play, and a few more are slated to.

I really am sorry about not getting wiki stuff ported to in-game pages yet [cry] I have slacked on it hard. Been having an active life lately...

Kairon -

I would honestly like to see dying of age make a return... but instead of 100 make it 75 or something [:p]

Scarlet -

Well at least now land from dying is more reflective of how long you lived. [;)]

I miss race age playing a factor too. It was a cool method to force race changes on people.

Hal -

i do miss infinity..why not mix infinity with classic.. a total reset every 3 ages or something[8)]

RoniDUDI -

So if you have 100 buildings that hold 6.67 citizens, you will have 667 citizens from those buildings. Not 600 citizens.

If it’s rounded down on -33% it should be 666.
Very unclear tbh.
And of course it’s rounded on the final number and not for each building, we’re not stupid.

Tommies -

Good job on the new reset and dying formula Sanzo! Looks well balanced. It stimulates to stay alive.[up]
Page 1 2