Age 114 Change Discussion

Open Scarlet opened this discussion on

Scarlet -

Discuss here.

Player 2 -

: Black ops grant 30 RP per building destroyed

Who ran the numbers on this?

Tommies -

30 RPs perbuilding is waaaaaay too much.

I like the idea though....it will get alliances want to war a bit more. But a BC can easily give you 7500rps points(assuming you destroy 250 land).

Also i think this should be a war bonus only. Not out of war. Dragon will be able to pillage for 200+ acres each 2 ticks once the ally has sci up. getting 6k rps apart from the pillaging resources seems a bit out of balance.

Bolle -

I didn't run the numbers but we could? Assuming 1k acres on opper and target, 30% hideouts and like 30 arsons?

Obviously OOW would halve the gains.
Obviously it's best to hit the biggest tribe cuz it's raw rp gains.

1 arson destroys 0.5% oow so that's 1.5 homes or 45 rps. Total gain for a full load is 30x1.5=45 x 45 = 2025 rps.

30% hideouts or 300 labs is the choice. Labs gain 300 rps per tick, so that's 6-7 ticks to break even.

Regardless of all other considerations like failrate, tpa, op cost, target size, being in war, it seems that warbuild yields at least similar gains to lab build.

Tommies -

you are talking about ops done TM's only.

Attacks have a bigger impact.

Also Dwarfs would be more prone to getting mass opped compared to the example you gave for a std tribe.

Player 2 -

you dont have to target homes - you target some guy with 50% mines + guilds

and suddenly you deal 4x whatever u just posted as this damage isnt reduced out of war , doesnt cost extra TP below 2500 acres and costs 25% less TP over 2500 acres

SeaQueue -

Only Black Ops, so limited to thieves only. But that also means thieves contribute more to sci again than mages. Dwarfs will be food for thieves if they don't get lots of GH for free RPs

Player 2 -

@tommies
i think black ops refers to thief only right?

Tommies -

Also the spell earthquake and Meteor storms do not have reduced dmg out of war.

Tommies -

oh that changes things @P2. Disregard all my msgs[8)]

Player 2 -

For comparison inside a war you only gain 1 RP per power - this is 30x higher?????????

Tukk -

You can debate Mages vs thieves vs attackers all day long. Mages have tremendous pwr in the game. Thieves need more. I like this change. For active alliances this change does nothing, but for those in solo alliances just sitting GM all age with no threat of ever being declared on or killed due to reduced dmg OOW this change is nice [evilgrin]

Bolle -

and suddenly you deal 4x whatever u just posted as this damage isnt reduced out of war

Huh you're right. Who ever thought it was a good idea to nitpick what ops should have reduced damage OOW? Has no one ever thought of the poor dwarves? And do these ops deal extra damage in war? That makes dwarves such easy kills.

ScorpiAS -

do drake baracks now hold 90 military or still reduced?

Hal -

@cq even with 20%gh and TT Britty was burning 700 mines per hit at 10k..and I didn't keep much more than 30%. That's one branch in a day[:|]

ScorpiAS -

totally balanced :D

Bongo -

will make it so labs are moot...all big alliance will be full sci in no time...

Scarlet -

Dwarves do seem to break that synergy :/

I'll run numbers but on a big dwarf (ooo oxymoron)
But probably have to cap it at 5RP

Thanks for feedback :)

Keep poking holes![up]

Scarlet -

@scorpias
do drake baracks now hold 90 military or still reduced?

They have military held = 90 right now. It was just the citizens that it held was reduced. So they get back a whole 5 extra citz per barracks

Scarlet -

@scorpias I Ninja edited that sorry.

Please continue to give feedback throughout the age. Saying things suck doesn't help!

Ex. Eagles need more mp from other buildings

Not ex. Eagles suck.

Cheers[up]

ScorpiAS -

20 rps per building destroyed is still a lil on the high end. Remember scumbag britts take money too.. mories dont need to run hideouts... It seems like a receipe for disaster

Tommies -

Well, napo gives you a lot of rps too and do not get your thieves killed. I think 20 rps is a good start for this age.

Bolle -

I side with Tommies again

Scarlet -

It's new,
It's shiny,
It gives science to your heiny.
~Unknown Orkfian Poet

rEdL|nE -

Scarlet you saying not to say it sucks makes you suck [:D]

Bongo -

Well we will see how it goes..then cry for adjustment
Page 1 2