Forums

Discuss: Age 119 Changes

Open Scarlet opened this discussion on

Amir -

there seems to be some changes that were made to the guide and races that were not included in age change info....
also some stuff from guide were changes while others havent been....
so far i just looked at two races them being dwarf and fairy's and both of them arent showing up right.
dwarfs changes to explore arent in the guide atm other things are.
fairy's seem to have had their leets changed in the guide from last age but there was no mention of this in the age 119 changes....

missing in guide:

Wood Elf
- Retraining refund when training elites is now 80% of the retrained unit cost

Dwarf
- Exploring now costs 40% more crowns

Rept Hai
- Cunning is now 1.5% offence per stack instead of 1% (still max 15%)
- +100% land gains on raid

Fairy
- 1000 fame decreases cost of dark spells by 0.6% (max 50%) instead of 1% per 1000 fame

somethings are uploaded and some arent yet it seems. just wanted to give heads up on things i noticed...
specially the change to fairys that was made but no mention was made in age changes about it....(yes the change was uploaded about their leets going from 1/7 ---> 1/6 now all of sudden...)
btw about fairys can we add a mana cost reduction % part to the mystic/theivery page that has all the info already? kinda like the thevery self gains part that lets you know your self gains when ur too small or the additional from sci when you have it.

i was also hoping that we could include the theifs gains on fame part to the guide? kinda like what mages have that tells them about how much they should expect in fame gains? and since we have the fail % now maybe include that as part of the guide for future references?

Tommies -

Base retraining refund when training elites is now 65% of the retrained unit cost

Is this from the original elite cost or could it be affected by growth science and barracks?

Tommies -

- 1000 fame decreases cost of dark spells by 0.6% (max 50%) instead of 1% per 1000 fame

Confirm the increase in ML is still 2% per 1k fame?

Tommies -

Dragon racial abilities aren’t updated either in the guide

lyr -

I dunno if this is the case now, but ususally the guide updates when the changes are uploaded..

Tommies -

Changes are already uploaded. Atleast with the new values for military.

Noodle -

Fairys need to lose the % of ml based on fame

Bolle -

Yup.

See y'all in a few ages.

Sanzo -

Announcement has been updated to show Fairy elite change:
Elite Fay Queen 1/7 950 cr -> 1/6 775 cr

Is this from the original elite cost or could it be affected by growth science and barracks?

Can be affected by science/barracks

Scarlet -

Yeah sorry for confusion, the guide changes aren't fully uploaded!

Thanks for being on the ball :)

@amir yeah I started on updating the guide for Thievery & Magic.
I did not manage to finish.

Scarlet -

Okay, go scout for errors!

Noodle -

[heart] missing you bolle

Amir -

Wood Elf
- Retraining refund when training elites is now 80% of the retrained unit cost
- Slingers now cost 30cr instead of 75cr
- Tree Ents now cost 1250cr instead of 1300cr

Wood Elf
Racial Abilities

Quickie: +25% TP regeneration rate
Deadly: +25% maximum thief plans
+50% damage on Intrigue

Military Units
Class Off/Def Cost
Basic Slinger 0/0 75 cr
Off Woodrider 5/0 600 cr
Def Druid 0/6 600 cr
Elite Tree Ent 0/9 1,300 cr
Thief Grassrunner 0/1 150 cr

so the slingers still showing up as 75cr instead of the 30cr... not sure if thats true for those playing WE... but thats a random thing i noticed today..(that is from the alliance page when you hit on a race of someone you want to target. not from the guide part.)

Amir -

looks like the alliance page race quick looks are not updated yet.

Scarlet -

How people feeling about the Thievery success increase? Did we do too much?

Amir -

actually i failed more this age than last age... the same % of gh from last age to this age is giving more def for targets and so the fail rate has gone up by a huge margin compared to last age.... at least for our experience....

havent looked at someone with no gh's yet but still its disheartening that the fail rate feels like it got worse now [:s]

lyr -

It looks ok right now in my opinion.

@amir fails from GHs and thieves trap and fail rate are separated with different lines in your success window, so you can see it anyway.

Amir -

Lyr he asked how the we felt about it, and i am telling how i felt.
when as a theif i fail more on a target with 12% ghs than last age when they had 18-20%(no trap at one time and trap up at other time but not a huge dif)... and get more success rate hitting their theifs when their theifs are at home with their trap up...
that just means that the changes while might be effective while target has no theif def up it has been made useless when target can run less GH's and be safer than last age...

So no not a big fan of the two changes together. rather last age than this age with the new setup of the GH's and CH's...
again havent hit someone with no theif def yet and i will later to see but frankly that doesnt matter, its the balance of things that matter here not just one part of it. in a old way of saying you upgraded my wooden spear to a bronze spear but gave the other guy who had a wooden shield before a iron shield now. so frankly saying hey i made you stronger doesnt mean much when looked at everything together.

Scarlet -

We sharpened thievery, gave everyone a bigger shield, and didn't touch attacks or spells.

So in that sense it is more level.

Amir -

am sorry scarlet but i will stand by the fact that it feels that thefis are now weaker than last age impact wise compared to last age by far. you can say that mages were nerfed in same manner but thats not how it felt as a theif. attackers seem to be the winner out of this but theifs the biggest losers sadly once more. the short end of the stick sadly.

rEdL|nE -

No scarlet we fucked up with thievery and for age 120 we will increase the success rate.

And we also need to change the way Ghs and chs work.

Buffy -

Thievery is destroyed right now. When You can send out 60 ops and succeed 5 on someone with barely any defenses something is not right. Thievery was made worse not better this age.

Amir -

the ratio that gh's and ch's are giving at the lower ends are way higher than they did last age. i thought originaly that it was changed to a base 3% def per each 1% of land but its not. 4% is giving almost 35% def.

now dont hold me to it but from what i saw around 12-14% = 18-20% of last age in def given. meaning that most mages and attackers were only running around 10-15% and were able to go full mage with the rest of their land giving mages even more firepower than last age.

at least then we could force them to run more guard houses compared to this age. and yes i know same apply's to churchs but end result mages usually are able to do more damage by far than theifs.
a theif of same size might be able to send out 50-60 arsons fails most and only got 5-8 successes. mage sends out 80-100 gets about 30-40 and does more damage end results.

and dont count that theifs are way easier targets because of civs to milt ratio making them easier targets to kill compared to mages, or that when they send out theifs they leave themselves open to other theifs completely, meaning either take risk or having to run a few gh's on top of it, even lowering their damage more....

so no theifs basicly do barely any damage atm. 3 theifs together did 1/2 the damage that 1 mage did from what we saw. again this was against a mage target who was running about 12% gh and had a higher mage lvl than our mage...

Amir -

in all honesty am tempted to reset as an attacker or mage even though we are almost 2 weeks in because i am not effective at all during a war. outside of a war while someone isnt in wm yes i can do some damge. but during a war am just sitting there getting intel and hoping to survive...

i couldnt even burn one mages mana when i was full. i was only able to burn one hour of their regen in mana with a full load that i had. thats just sad.

So no scarlet in a sense theifs are not leveled at all. atm attackers have the most advantage this age followed by mages who could make it as long as they have enough def at home and theifs just sitting there on their thumbs looking around hoping no one notices them... [:|]

rEdL|nE -

Yes dev is aware of the issue and it will be corrected.
Page 1 2