Forums

Age 120 Changes Discussion

Open Scarlet opened this discussion on

Noodle -

I’m concerned with the 100% off increase for temps with the priests? Going to be a issue

scarlo -

What are you foreseeing as the issue, Noodle?

Player 2 -

Templar is pretty much the same as it was before it was removed.

To clarify for those who didn't see them in action last time, each PPA increases offence by 2% rather than one.

VC -

Changes say templar elites are 5/5. But in game are 5/4

Tommies -

Def spec on templar are too cheap.

Whats the reason behind free construction for dwarf? They are so overpowered. The added 20% extra on explore cost does nothing to little once they starts attacking from 2-3k acres onwards. They can't attack from start since you made raven off spec uber cheap. Dragon has good starts and will pillage a dwarf if they come as an attacker out of the box. So you squeeze/force dwarf into a direction but at the same time punish them for doing so.

EM for humans is too powerfull.

rept hai's are too weak.

CH and GH;s have a too high protection. The formula for this should be changed.

DeadEd -

Tommies -

VC=Voodoo Cowboy?

Welcome back[:|]

Noodle -

The issue with temps 2% off for each ppa is way to high
And yes I agree temps def specs way to cheap

scarlo -

Whats the reason behind free construction for dwarf? They are so overpowered. The added 20% extra on explore cost does nothing to little once they starts attacking from 2-3k acres onwards. They can't attack from start since you made raven off spec uber cheap.

Dragon has good starts and will pillage a dwarf if they come as an attacker out of the box. So you squeeze/force dwarf into a direction but at the same time punish them for doing so.

Great points, Tommies, and I think you're right on track. You should join Dev so we can discuss these things prior to age changes. I think your thoughts would add to the game.

rept hai's are too weak.

Let's replace them next round.

Scarlet -

Yeah, I played rept last age, so I agree they're lacklustre.

Scarlet -

And I will update the post with current value for Templar elite. Whoops.

They were brought back in with zero changes as they were in a good place when rotated out
(There was totally a change asked for by Dev and I missed it.. [:$] )

Anon -

agree re: dwarf being OPed with free construction, they were good enough last age without it

as for temp, if you can maintain 20ppa it packs a punch but ratio will limit its usefulness. also vulnerable to thieves and raze without the old 15% immunity to thief which is removed

Amir -

so we just had an age were it was proven how broken GH & CH had become, and we ignored it for this age as well?
so what another attackers win age?
theifs have to target other theifs because they are easiest target? heck theifs being forced to run GH while tpa at home as well to live?

WOW am sorry but that kinda makes me not want to play. whats the point if you cant be effective as a theif other than to napo for some sci? at least mages still have better ratio, and attackers are now safe from t/m easly as long as they run 15% gh &ch, add in SoD and TT and maybe throw in a martial law when you get targeted and you cant be killed by t/m's.

i really want to know why such a flaw that was talked about and pointed out EARLY EARLY last age is being ignored for this age?

BAH freaking pissed off now...

scarlo -

How do you recommend we change ch/gh to fix the situation, Amir?

Should we take away Martial law?

Sorry but I missed that conversation you said was had early last age.

Buffy -

Gh and ch are still broken thieves are irrelevant once again it's like no one cares about them.

Amir -

@scarlo
its from the conversation in the age 119 changes part.
the ratio that the lower end gh &ch are giving in def is higher than it was before. am not going to repeat that whole thing here again. just go read it from there. this is from over 3 weeks ago now... thought it was enough time to fix this but guess not, or it was forgotten somehow.

while theifs are basically obsolete, mages are also left without the firepower they used to have, but at least they have their civs.

it was normal to see theifs running GH even outside of wars at times, this was because it was more effective for theifs to target other theifs even when their target had 10tpa higher than them and had theifs at home than to target a tribe with 12%GH's, hence theifs started to run gh's. i even saw a few mages who ran 5-7% churches just to deter other mages from targeting them even when they had mage lvl 30+....

only ones doing consistent damage were attackers...
i dragged myself through last age but really two ages in a row with the same big problem? might as well just take out all t/m races and lets have an attacker age?

Amir -

rEdL|nE - 3 weeks ago
Yes dev is aware of the issue and it will be corrected.

rEdL|nE - 3 weeks ago
No scarlet we fucked up with thievery and for age 120 we will increase the success rate.

And we also need to change the way Ghs and chs work.

Sanzo -

How about CH& GH each gives 3.5% protection per 1% buildings? Max 70% protection @ 20% buildings?

scarlo -

I do remember this now & thought it was a done deal.

I'm not sure how we missed it.

We're talking in staff to see if we can get this fixed before the age begins, if at all possible.

Anon -

not sure why 25% ch/gh max was done. you could always put it back to 20% max for now, and take another age to work on a fix

Darkwing -

nice to see nothing changed :D

Anon -

hi dw wb :)

Noodle -

I’ve been saying for 5 ages that thieves are broken, I’ve not had s chance to test them since the auto fail rate changed

scarlo -

hey DW, welcome back :)

VC -

Ty tommies it's been awhile glad to be back. As for dwarves build cost isnt much of a change but even though a dwarf took top they are pretty inefficient. I think other circumstances lead to dwarf on top rather than being op.
Page 1 2