No age changes?

Tommies -

Less than 24 hr notice:(

Amir -

less than 22hr notice now...

Buffy -

Assuming no changes.

Noodle -

There was a lot that never got changed last age,thought they were supposed to be implemented this age

Tommies -

Would be nice in that case to know what those changes are/were

scarlo -

Max had asked for changes to be submitted by middle of day yesterday & nothing final was provided to him as far as I know.

This age has been very quiet in staff & I think everyone is catching up from the holidays still.

Pretty safe to assume no changes at this point.

Tommies -

Ok[up]

Fisk -

@scarlo

This age has been very quiet in staff & I think everyone is catching up from the holidays still.

Pretty safe to assume no changes at this point.

In response to my suggestion to alter commander, you said:
Yes, absolutely. This is something we're actively discussing in Dev for age changes. Thanks for sharing this Fisk.

This response sort of contradicts that response.

Buffy -

It is being discussed but I dont think a solution has been reached yet.

Fisk -

It is being discussed but I dont think a solution has been reached yet.

As I see it, you can either discuss for weeks (as you obviously chosen to do) or just act and do some minor adjustments;
For example;

If target is below 50%, the gains are 0.
Evaluate how it works. Change accordingly.

Another age with no change is just stupid, as you all saw last age; it wasn't optimal.

scarlo -

Fisk,

To elaborate on what Buffy said, this issue was brought up in the staff forum and we seemed to have some initial agreement on making a change to it. The existing formula was posted and a couple of posts debated how best to make the change.

After that someone posted another change request in the thread and when it came time to post the final changes for the age the staff forum was silent as a nunnery.

So our process is to gather ideas from community forum & our own thoughts & discuss through the age. At the end of the age the staff needs to get active, agree on some final changes, then push those to someone to code (Max or Scarlet). This age we fell short on that last step.

I do expect that change to be completed but sometimes it takes an extra age to get things in gear.

scarlo -

If target is below 50%, the gains are 0.
Evaluate how it works. Change accordingly.

That's a good recommendation. I'll push it.

Fisk -

I do expect that change to be completed but sometimes it takes an extra age to get things in gear.

I have been part of staff for a couple of years. I know exactly how slow the wheels turns, mostly;
Decisions on last minute is impossible to get in-game, because its usually up to one person to handle it. and unless game-breaking. it won't happen. I know that.
But there has been 3 weeks, or more, to adress this.

I honestly don't care WHEN people post change request here and there. If something is broken, it need to be fixed. ASAP.
The time it takes to add code to the game is feasible. Code adjustment to an already existing function is even more feasible.

BTW! I don't write this to hate on you, on the contrary, I want you to step up and make the game more attractive! [heart]

scarlo -

Thanks Fisk, we are looking to improve the game as well, and we always appreciate well thought out feedback like yours.

I think, depending on your perspective, the bottomfeeding feature could be seen as sub-optimal, rather than broken. Personally, it absolutely needs fixing and I expect it will be. On a side note, I had alliance mates complain about it too.

However, I played another very similar game recently where people were hitting at 50% for a much higher % of land gains and while I didn't like it, I didn't consider it broken - just part of that game.

I don't think this land gain formula here is new - this issue has only just come up because of the one particular raven who took advantage of it as he did.

And we will fix it. Just a bit of a slacker round from staff is all. It's nice not having any emergency fixes for an age!

Anon -

or we could just ban p2 from playing raven, easier fix[:p]

Fisk -

Give it another week or so and we're here again (or earlier)
Raven? Hell no. Never was a problem (sorry P2, whomever you were/are)
Just as before. BALROG.

scarlo -

not Exactly sure what you meant Fisk

But I think raven gonna be swapped out next round. That’s what we’re working on anyway.
Page 1