Age 18 News, Owl & Rept Hai

Closed Archived Martel opened this discussion on

roon -

wow jamzi =/

chaoss -

/hugs jamzi

i agree :D

Perkalov -

I agree with Micho... There is no need what so ever to add new races as long as we compleatly fail to make the old ones usefull. Time spent in "creating them and implementing the code/testing", is time that could have been spent making existing parts of the game work better/properly. Its an ridiculous argument that since there has been time spent in implementing something, its all okay and should be accepted (In short, get real, use facts for your arguments).

-------------------------------------------

As for the balancing... I agree with ChaNCe, the Rept Hai is way stronger then Mori Hai. Where as Moris do indeed have 15% more homes, htey got 15% less mines, there are an differance agreed, but it aint that big. That said, Mori isnt the best race around (one of the worst tbh), and new races shouldnt be compared with them.

Imo the Owl suxxors in all aspects (You managed to create an other Meteor Elf)

Rept Hai is somehting that will at best be usefull to the #1 alliance. Anywhere below #1 its fairly usless due to getting troopfat delux, and starting at low heritage. Its an newbie trap.

Edit:
"+ we need races that run low defence as strategy to get more acres into the game and make attackers life better (the game is too stagnant in my opinion)"~Joe

Getting grabed is teh new über stratgy??? Its insanly costly to having to regrab lost acres, no mather the losses on the one who grabed you... If I would get grabed by an overpumped Rept, my answer would be raids, and raids while leets are at home, untill he got less offence then I got defence. And what deffence will explorers use against über offence? Might it be so that an strat like this will force TMs to raise their deffence rather then the opposite? As TM I would try to not get grabed, but that just me... Prolly alot of TM players who blindly explore to feed attackers well deserved acres.

Joe -

Not getting grabbed. If you get away with it it was worth the risk. If you are grabbed, it didn't work :p
As t/m this seldom pays off (though indeed I regularly overexplore and have enough def only 8-12 ticks later when the overpumped attackers have an inactive look), but as attacker with cheap offence this might be quite worthwhile. Any acre you keep for some time means a higher income for some time.

Perkalov -

Yes, and losses of millions credits... This tactic will only work in an #1 alliance, and is already implemented there. Atleast in the mind of the players in such alliances.

Only reason to why you get away with "overexplores" is the fact that you are in that #1 alliance. The ability to kill any tribe that grabs you will scare alot of players. Your willingness to do so will scare most of the rest.

I think I stated it would work in an #1 alliance.

Now how do you suggest it would possibly work anywhere else?

With lower playerbase (yes lower) this tactic is valid, but only if you play an imortal race. Then you actually got the option of "carrying" all other attackers with you up, as long as you can find targets. But we dont have lower playerbase, and as soon as I spot an tribe trying to use your tactic, I will always always always feed upon him for the rest of my tribes lifespan (I actually dont need offence to grow, since he aint running adequate deffence, so I can use my money for deffence. And he will have higher losses then me, since he needs to grab acres twice for each time I grab, and he will loose troops from my grabs). You had/have one good example of someone trying to grow without defence in your own alliance. Your only option to get him growing (since he didnt have an clue of what defence to run at what acres) was to remove me. Thou this works for you, since all others are scared shitless of the awsome powers of an #1 alli, it wont work to players outside an #1 alliance. There will be alot more players feeding from those players.

bloodball -

i praise joe and guran for their effort on this.
and may i note that it always the same who is (are) complaining about new stuff staff make

Joe -

@ Perk:

You got a point there. Rept Hai are probably best suited for a #1 alliance (as is each race actually, though some races are 'good' for all alliances). It's not always clear though what alliance will/will be #1 when starting your tribes.

About the 'riskgrowing'... It helps to be #1. But also outside #1 it can pay off. When you are hampered by an attacker that is of the Nazgul-like type, 'pump and grow'. If he isn't pumped he won't even bother to check for targets. You can explore into his range and with some luck get your def up to decent amount 2 days later without getting grabbed. Then when he pumps you have to make sure you don't look like the easiest target.
And it's not only risk... Activity also helps loads. As soon as your 'blocker' grabbed you should explore behind him, not waiting a single tick.

@ all

It's fun to see that a lot of players are trying out the new races. I have to say though that I believe both to be underpowered. Rept Hai are crappy Uruks to me, and Owls are crappy Britts :P (though ofcourse both have their nice specialties that can be useful surely)

But perhaps I'm wrong, who knows :)
Page 1 2