Forums

Mid-Age Changes

Closed Archived Dev Lord Iluros opened this discussion on

Dev Lord Iluros -

Hello Orkfia,
Within the next few days there will be a few mid-age changes to the game to better balance a few things which can't wait. You're receiving this early notice so that you can change your plans if necessary when choosing your next race in the immediate future.

Oleg Hai:
The number of whiteskulls trained is being reduced to 25

Efficient Mobilization:
The effect is adopting set numbers. Instead of gains of 0.25-1.5% military, it is being changed to 100-1000 military units.

Thank you and enjoy,
The Dev Team

SeaQueue -

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

MAI OLEG HAI!!!!!!

OrigenX -

HAHAHAHA

roon -

grr

Demps -

change back the CH's & GH's while your at it.

HaL -

lol @ #62

Michele -

i'm with be free... dchange the churches and guard houses back

h412ry -

damn...

eficient mobil changes sooner...

HenDo -

WHY CHANGE OLEG? GRRRRR

Nepherius -

Efficient Mobilization NOOOOO !! , it works good the way it is now :D

BinChristan -

im curious how its going to work than?
I mean, people have different units, of which one you get 100-1000 units?

Half-Smile -

Oh well, just when I had enough guys to have EM be more worthwhile to have on, the percentage is changed to a fixed amount.

And I think it means that, regardless of how many units you have, you will always get between 100 and 1000 units, randomly or maybe evenly distributed among different types. It will probably be the same as now, which I think is evenly distributed.

Dev Lord Iluros -

ATM each stack of units has a gain from 0.25-1.5%.

The way it's being changed you should be able to gain 1000 of each type of unit you have, though the probability of this will be small.

HenDo -

Tbh i disagree with the oleg change. I actually think if it changes to 25 they will become a weak tribe to grow with. The whole point of making a grab for oleg is so you can train def at the same time, no need to explore! Now the 1 advantage oleg has is being decreased. Maybe you say this as im playing oleg but i still think it sucks.

Dev Lord Iluros -

You still save yourself an awful lot of money spent on defense and can grow very quickly with those savings. In the end 50 was too quick: people getting to 8k from 400 in 10 days is just too much.

bergkamp -

land claim also gives alittle too much land IMO, although i don't mind it to stay as it is :)

Dev Lord Iluros -

Land claim can be fixed by adding a lower end to the averages. The way it works now you get the average or higher (I think). It's quite good but it can wait until the end of the age for tweaks.

Smokey -

I want to know why the race spell for humans is being set to a fixed range of troops opposed to percentage based.
It's making the spell less effective at higher levels where 1k troops on a good tick won't be anything compared to a range of percent.
At least with the percent based system, the stronger your tribe grows, the stronger the spell is, now doesn't that make more sense to keep it based on a percent?
Wouldn't steady percent based growth be better than a relatively strong boost in the beginning and very little later on at higher levels?
I also think EM is fine how it is.

Player 2 -

Brit will ultra suck with EM.

And sorry to the Oleg community for my shananigans, I should have just pretended to be 4k when I had 8k worth of resources. :P

Dev Lord Iluros -

Actually the point was to make EM better at small sizes and not as good at larger sizes. It helps with initial growth quite a bit, then when you're large you shouldn't need any help growing.

Player 2 -

Umm.. but when you're small 49 guilds is a shatload. :P

Dev Lord Iluros -

49 guilds = -41,650 credits lost

Average of ~600 military units an hour
=
+1,605,000 credits gained for a templar
+1,329,000 credits gained for a brittonian
+1,251,000 credits gained for a viking

And that's if each of those players is running no clerics, rogues or archers. So it's totally worth it to have those guilds at small sizes. In fact, you can't afford not to.

High gains for a human race running EM at 400 acres will be around 200 units, low end around 30 or so with the percentage gains. So the spell is actually being made more powerful at smaller sizes.

Smokey -

well that's my point, i'd like to see a spell worth using thought my lifetime.

200 troops at 400 acres is a good deal, it's pathetic later on, why does this spell only have to be targeted at lower acre tribes?

How would this spell now affect say a 4k acre tribe?

It's one thing to not have this be overpowered but why shouldn't it be proportional to tribe strength?

Dev Lord Iluros -

Most of the racial self spells are not equally useful to the tribes throughout their lives. Brood and deep forest don't give you land proportional to your size, for example. But the land they do give you has an exponential effect on your initial growth. The same is true for efficient mobilization, but more so. Because free military > free land, the other effects of the spell (+5% regrowth) are less useful at large sizes than with brood and deep forest, which become better at large sizes when their other effects are relevant. However it's still quite worth it to run, and you're still getting a better deal than, say, pestilence.

The reason Dev doesn't want it to be proportional to your landsize is that doing so makes it inherently overpowered.

Player 2 -

The nerfs are now in place. :'(

CBeast -

Did it also become harder to cast EM?
Page 1 2