Age 24 Changes: Dragons Return

Closed Archived Martel opened this discussion on

Martel -

[big]Age 24 Changes[/big]
Hope you enjoy!

Race Changes
* Dragons are brought back, with a new race specialty

Dragon

Long ago the ancient guardians of Orkfia laid their wings to rest and retired to their caves for many ages. Now, after news of the new wars had spread to the Dragons, they return once again to try and bring stability to the world. Only the most experienced rulers can tame these strong beasts.

- 3 hour attack time
- NEW: Steals crowns and kills citizens on all attacks
- Homes hold 50 citizens
- Non-homes hold 5 citizens
- Balancing traits (50% reduction in magic & thievery damage; 20% of normal losses when attacking or defending; Mines, farms and yards produce 25% of normal; Banks produce 60 crowns minimum; 33% lower minimal losses on raid; 33% of normal military upkeep costs.)

Dragon Military
Baby Dragon 1/1      50 cr
Green Dragon 25/0     550 cr --> 30/0
Yellow Dragon 0/32     800 cr
Red Dragon 50/15    1,350 cr
White Dragon 0/0      440 cr

New Features
* Added option for co-elders to send alliance-wide mail
* Added back 'send mail' option in tribe drop-down page

Bug Fixes
* Fixed Lightning Bolt, now requires that an attack originated against the casters alliance

These will be uploaded after Age 23 has ended.

Regards,
Martel

Hoffie -

Nice, will be playing drag then :D

Yoen -

Yes very nice that they will be back.
also the new features are nice.

to bad we have to wait 4 more years :D

OrigenX -

Nice... i presume the ammount of citz killed and money taken are the same as RAID for every type of attack!

I cant feel other then dissapointing at these changes... i had expected more for this age: more races brought back (revamped eagles as promised?/uruks) or even race tweaks.

I know its alot of work to recreate/adjust and test it but this is the second age without huge changes!

Just my opinion dont burn me because of it :P

rooooooooon -

hold on :)

Bolle -

What's the citizens lost on raid formula for dragons? Same as for all other races?

I like the new add though I doubt it'll be sufficient. Let's just see how it goes, I won't burn my fingers trying to balance them just yet. Have fun testing the dragons :P

Note: Raid may not yield something special, it does make you lose 66% less units :P

And OrigenX, I was on holiday for 3 weeks and apparently not much happened. But I continued working on it today (just returned), so let's see what happens. List isn't published yet since it's not finished yet, unless development is too inactive to comment. In that case I'll see if I can find some in the wf.

EDIT: The problem isn't that my list of race changes isn't finished yet, it was finished 3 weeks ago. The problem is that people need to check on the race changes with a fresh mind, to see if I probably forgot something, and to see if I create new imbalances (since solving 4 imbalances between some races may cause them to be much better compared to explorer x, so explorer x is suddenly underpowered). Harry did a very good job at it, and hopefully we'll be able to finish it soon. After that, there are two reasons why it couldn't have been easy to do for this age anyway. First, the changes would involve a lot of race tweaks naturally, wasting a lot of people's plans - so how to implement it. Second, there are some things in the changes that need to be coded, which takes time as well. Bright side of it all: since ages don't truly affect gameplay, who knows it won't be necessary to wait till the end of age 24 to implement the changes ;)

Martel -

The Dragon amount of cash stolen and citizens killed are the same as in the Raid attack.

We'll be posting the changes Iluros planned for discussion in Game Talk during next age, a lot of exciting stuff to look forward to next age.

Regards,
Martel

Martel -

All changes are uploaded! Good luck in this age.

Lord Saggy -

* Fixed Lightning Bolt, now requires that an attack originated against the casters alliance

Ok. So, a Mori Hai retreated at a:--:--
It is now a+1:--:--

Seeing as that's only 1 update, and taking into account his 2 hour return as he retreated.. (or am I wrong about this).. I should be able to LB his assss.

I tried LB on the Mori Hai who retreated on a fellow alli, but;
Sorry, this spell can only be cast on an enemy that has attacked your alliance.

Do Mori Hai's get 1 hour return for retreats?
Or, can I only cast LB on a successful attack?? If I'm not mistaken - that isn't what the bug fix says. The Mori Hai indeed attacked into my alliance.. and me being the caster, based on how I perceive the bug fix notes, I should be able to cast LB? Correct?

Bolle -

Yes that's correct.

*looks expectantly at Martel, wishing for an instant fix*
Page 1