Forums

Mid-age 25 changes

Closed Archived HaRRy opened this discussion on

HaRRy -

Most likely today we will upload a set of bug fixes and small changes.

While we're uploading the changes some pages might not work for a short period of time. We will try to avoid the minutes around the ticks.

The first list of changes and bugfixes come from me and robokop. A few more will be announced later on.

b.t.w. In the following list you should read “now” as “soon”

Thanks for all the reports.

[big]Fixes pt1[/big]

Searchbox
* Changed placement and size.

* Pressing enter will redirect the page to the first link in the first result(on finding tribes this means the external affairs page)

* Starting a search with forum will use google to find topics in the public forums of this game. In time we will get better ways to search inside the forums(and more).

Texteditor
* Fixed Internet Explorer support.

* Replaced the emoticons with more recognizable emoticons.

* Fixed quickedit in the forums. (it tried loading something at the wrong place which made the browser give a timeout)

* A simple version of automatic growing of textfields is put in place.(this might become a reason to put the bbcode/emoticon bar at the top of the textfields. Let me know what you think.

* Removed some weird hover state in the bbcode/emoticon bar in the mail reply function.

Forums
* Width of the posts did not fully use the new width of the layout.

* If set to an experimental layout(which you should really try out if you haven't already, tho we can't promise everything to work in all browser) it will recognize several more file formats than it already did. For example an url ending with .exe will result in a orange/red text with a warning sign.

Other
* There was a bug which prevented people from casting spells right after the tick.(in reality a bit more complicated)
I hope to have fixed this without side effects. It's hard to test when you keep missing the ticks like me [:p](the times I did test were successful)
If there are no errors reported I might re-introduce automated updating of the goods after the tick.

* You can now sort results in the target finder the same way as you can in the rankings pages.

* On the news pages, alliance numbers will be converted to clickable links.

* Made all tribes in an alliance clickable. This should fix an uncommon bug on the alliance page.

* Did a complete overhaul on the API.(this is not really important for most players but is for future upgrades in the game)

* Fixed some plural/text errors.

* Added ES on the mystics page. Obviously you still can't cast it on yourself but apparently (some) people use the mystics page to see what spells they have on them. However, there are still a few spells(like war triggered) that won't show up in that list!

* You can now buy/sell on the market or train military with formatted numbers in the cells. Meaning you can copy/paste a comma separated value and it won't break the script.

* Added a link to the archives on the external affairs page of a tribe.

* Can now do the same amount of thieve ops from the thievery page as you can from the mystics page.(meaning 1,2,3,4,5,10,20,40,80,160 ops). This can actually make thieves stronger.

* Archived data on a user will be deleted once the user restarts it's account after dying. additionally, all other data (flyovers and people who never restarted) will periodically be deleted. Don't worry, by default this still won't delete data from the last 7 weeks.

* The clock stopped ticking when casting spells. Not anymore

* Rept hai, not just cold bloods cause(d/s) 4* losses on attackers when defending. All units do. Fixed this in the guide.

* Several other changes I haven't listed and are probably not that important to know about. This includes recoding parts of code/scripts/html with no actual visual or gameplay difference.

Corian -

Good Job Harry :)
Page 1