Forums

Races Reduction - Age 68

Open Archived Moderator Jamzi opened this discussion on

Moderator Jamzi -

Last night/this morning we finalised that from age 68 (next age) the below changes will come into effect, this is part of our strategy for trying to scale back some parts of the game with a view to becoming “easy to learn, hard to master”, in the hope of eventually attracting new/returning players by the end of 2015.

If you are already playing one of the races that will be removed for Age 68, you can continue for the rest of your tribe's lifetime. Every age from age 69 onwards, one of the 9 playable races will be rotated out and replaced from the pool of inactive race choices so this will not be the last you see of your favourites, if we have taken them out.

----------------
Removed races: Balrog, Brittonian, Dragon, Dwarf, Light Elf, High Elf, Raven, Oleg Hai, Owl, Undead and Uruk Hai (11 races)

Spirit (thief)
2/7 775 cr -> 800 cr

Wood Elf (thief)
Grassrunner 0/1 150 cr -> 100 cr

Dark Elf (mage)
Nightrider 4/7 800 cr -> 775 cr

Eagle (mage)
Anekonian 2/8 990 cr -> 940 cr
Razorbeak 0/0 100 cr -> 200 cr
Removed:
Each Guild adds a bonus 75% of its maximum mana capacity to the maximum TP pool
Each Hideout adds a bonus 75% of its maximum TP capacity to the maximum mana pool
125% TP regeneration
Added:
125% of normal maximum Mana

Viking (attacker)
Archer 3/7 725 cr --> 700 cr
Berserker 9/3 1,100 cr --> 1050 cr
Bloodthirst changed to gaining 10% per tick up from 5%

Rept Hai (attacker)
Cause 300% of normal military losses to attackers when defending --> 250%

Nazgul (attacker)
0/7 800 cr -> 0/7 850 cr

Skyz -

[up]

Sanzo -

Why 9? Why not make it an even 10? 2 of each race type

Also when exactly will the races be removed from play?

Del -

9 -> 3 races for each role type was the thinking if I read correctly

Moderator Jamzi -

9 or 10 choices would both be fine yeah. We just had to pick something to get some action going.

The races will be removed as a choice for new/restarting tribes from Age 68. So in about 5-6 days of real time (I am not sure of the exact hour yet but wanted to give players the same info, staff have access to so we don't get unfair advantage).

Smokey -

Please make sure this is updated in the race guide.

hardar -

Bloodthirst - Every month attack damage and military losses inflicted increases by 5%. Max +50% after 10 ticks. Only regens if the army is at home

[quote]Bloodthirst changed to gaining 10% per tick up from 5[/quote]

Does that mean max damage are now +100% after 10 ticks ?

Del -

Nope - still max at 50% [up]

max -

Does that mean max damage are now +100% after 10 ticks ?

No, this is the new full wording:

Bloodthirst - Every month attack damage and military losses inflicted increases by 10%. Max +50% after 5 ticks. Only regens if the army is at home

hardar -

ok [;)]

Moderator Jamzi -

@ Smokey - we plan to update the guide and Wiki.
There will also be a proper announcement of the age changes nearer the time but this is the change we thought people might like as much notice as possible on.

Del -

Templar and Mori will still be in play with no modifications btw

Moderator Jamzi -

yep so list of races to choose from will be
Spirit (thief)
Mori Hai (thief)
Wood Elf (thief)

Dark Elf (mage)
Eagle (mage)
Templar (mage)

Viking (attacker)
Rept Hai (attacker)
Nazgul (attacker)

Also they will have their “main trait” behind the name as above to assist new/confused people. Of course you guys can still play them any way you see fit as usual!

Sanzo -

Quote: Del
9 -> 3 races for each role type was the thinking if I read correctly

Ofc you read it that way. You guys in staff have been discussing this for a while, but Jamzi did not make that distinction in her post. All I see is only 1 bird race and 2 of everything else.

Also if you wanna give proper roles to races, take out all the stupid 5~6/X or whateva cheap-as-dirt off specs for TMs, or make attackers have better units.
The main problem I have seen with the races in the past several years is there's too much parity. One can easily play a TM for the first 3 weeks and then with hardly any effort whatsoever, switch over to an attacker. This makes choosing attackers from the get go a moronic decision

Del -

I read it that way on our STAFF forum. I was just trying to relay info and answer your question [8)]

I def think with current player base, and the style of: “kill all attacking competition upwards” is the reason why that can fly. It's also why templars can go ML 100. Idk how to fix or address that. Maybe Bolle or someone who understands mechanics can come up with a plan or gradual changes that fluctuate with playerbase?

Smokey -

Question about the eagle, it says it's losing the tp regen trait, does that mean it's keeping the +25% mp regen and then receiving the +25% normal mp capacity trait?

max -

does that mean it's keeping the +25% mp regen and then receiving the +25% normal mp capacity trait?

Yeah, eagle will have +25% mana regen/max mana

hardar -

I agree with sanzo.
Non attacker race should not have higher off stats than 3, 4 for a few versatile ones (1 or 2).

Gits -

Totally agree with sanzo

Gits -

The rept is the top attacker in the game right with drags, removing 50 percent of damage ain't nothing if they got venom and cheap specs compared to other attackers. You can't compare the Vike with a rept, diff races but not even close to growth wise

Cecil -

U guys suck

Moderator Jamzi -

I think this won't be perfect, in fact it probably never will be perfect for everyone whatever we do just like its never perfect when no one does anything. So we'll try this. We've got a couple of ages to test and refine choices we make, your feedback will help us do that hopefully to get to the end goal of having something worth going to the trouble of advertising near the end of the year.. let's see but yes it's going to be really helpful getting your feedback once this comes through so then the age after we can refine things that we missed now.

Sanzo -

Gits makes a Good point.
We all know Rept has been OP for a loong time, and the change doesn't do much to attempt to fix them.

Gits -

Jamzi, there should be no test. removing 50 percent of damage ain't crap with how the Rept is OP. WE ALL KNOW THIS. So why not do something about it that actually corrects this.

I mean dang, I posted all crap about races and what was needed and yet I see minor changes instead of making changes that are needed. Basically, it seems I wasted my time making the dang list.

Del -

Btw Gits this is just a start to get everything moving again. At the moment max was the only one applying these changes, and with a short deadline they worked out. The more drastic changes will be when there is more time for dev/code and testing the changes before going live.

No times wasted discussing this, it's what is driving changes, even if it's a slow start. You can maybe find out if Bolle and/or Joe want a hand with development and mechanics kind of stuff? Idk how that works but it would get your ideas closer to being real.

I'm in agreement on the OP stuff btw. Especially Rept and Temp...

Cecil -

Remove rept and all other addon races, classics should survive before being purged by broken peons
Page 1 2