Forums

Age 73 Changes and beyond

Open Archived Jamzi opened this discussion on

Jamzi -

Age 72: 5th Dec 00:00:00 – 1st Jan 23:59:59
Age 73: 2nd Jan 00:00:00 - 29th Jan 23:59:59

Age 73 changes:

Game Play: BC/Raze military losses for the defender are reduced if the attacker sends less than 100%. Military losses are then modified by the actual % of total defence sent, so basically sending 50% of required to break kills only 50% of the usual amount of military.

Code of Conduct addition: “5.4.1 proxy servers. - the use of proxy servers outside of your country of residence is not allowed. As is the use of Tor browser or any other kind of software/website designed to mask/hide your IP. Anyone caught using the mentioned services could be suspended or deleted, use at your own risk.“
If you have questions about how this affects your tribe personally, please message alliance #3 (Law and Order) with a report and we will get back to you.

Race Change: Uruk Hai will be rotated out of play and Raven will be rotated in. This will give people the opportunity to see if Raven is any better now online status is somewhat hidden.

Behind the scenes update:

Age 73 is the last age of Infinity (at least for a few months whilst we test if you guys like resets or not and then we will go back or forward accordingly). Age 74 will be started manually around the end of January and all tribes will be reset at once but your alliances, forums and stats in your tribe will be unaffected.

Most things will stay the same as a normal reset during Infinity play in the beginning. Dev are discussing that they may reduce or eliminate the Out Of Protection period to reduce the effort required to play resets ages. All the details are still being sorted out but will be announced soon and tweaked as we go accordingly.

Another change that is being worked on for Age 74/75 is the addition of Badges. These are visual rewards that you can choose to display on your forum posts (similar to the dragons we used to have). The Badges have different graphics and are awarded automatically by the game when your tribe hits certain achievements. They will be backdated so having an older account will be a benefit as you will find that upon the update, you may already have earned some of the more desirable badges. 12 badges of varying difficulty levels relating to individual achievements will come out in the first release with more to come in the future.
We will preview one of the badges on our facebook group during Age 73 so join the group if you would like a preview [:)]

We have a ToDo list still going in staff with at least 29 items still remaining. This includes some big things like the Forum, the Guide, mobile interface and overall modernisation. Over 2016 we will continue to work through the tasks one by one.

With your support and by building on the considerable achievements by volunteers during not just this year but also in the past, 2015 has been the first year we have started to reverse the downward trend of player numbers.
The game almost faded away and maybe it still will but everyone’s combined efforts have meant that for the first time in years, we see player numbers starting to go up instead of down.
We have had a small increase from 53 players to 87 today which is not many individuals but percentage wise it’s great and we just need to keep building on that and working together like we all are to keep this going 

All the staff at Alliances at War would like to take this opportunity to wish you all the best for the upcoming holiday season!

Broken image

Smokey -

Everything sounds good here. Thanks staff.

Del -

Any plans to bring back human races to the mix?

[WOME] Istari -

I used to play this game in high school back in 2003-2005 or so. We just launched back in and are having a blast. Now I am a teacher and I tell my students how cool it is and that it is essentially the older, cooler and better clash of clans. I'm hoping to get some people hooked back in so there are more targets to hit! Congrats on the uptick in users.

Darkwing -

[up]

Sanzo -

[heart]

outside of your country of residence is not allowed

Do we need to send a report of we go on an international trip?

Bulby -

say a trip from one tribe to another....lol... jk enjoy the holidays staff and players...

Sanzo -

Generally concerned b/c there is an option to report if you share IPs with someone. Their should be an option to send a report if you're going on int'l trip

Kelvin -

It says if you're using proxy servers so I don't think it has anything to do with just going outside your country.

Darkwing -

@Sanzo,

logging in abroad is something different then using a proxy.

But if you are really concerned.....you could always go in vacation mode [;)]

Or send a message to L&O

max -

Changes are now live!

EM -

Oh for some reason I thought the reset started this age >_>

Reyes -

Me too lol

Kovenant -

Same here have been slacking...
Ill wait untill the resets..

Del -

Will resets wipe markets, research etc?

Bolle -

yes

edit: depends on what etc means though.

Del -

Etc was stuff I already assumed would be reset as it even gets reset in infinity (power, kills...)

Sanzo -

What about ally forums?

Bolle -

I see no reason for alliance forums to be reset.

The actual changes for age 74 will be announced in time. Just so you know, we do have them ready - it's just that if we announce them now and then change bits here and there that's only gonna confuse things.

Del -

[up]

Bulby -

what did the player poll on resets show? are the majority of current players in favor of them...or is just a brainstorm to try to drum up old players? i think the loyal player bases desires should come first

Jamzi -

You can consider the game a poll. So then we had 53 players left during Infinity so you can consider 53 players vote to keep Infinity I guess.

There was no way of us polling people who don't like Infinity as they were not here so no we didn't do a formal poll as it seems almost entirely pointless.

Smokey -

Considering people leaving is a horrible metric. People leave for all sorts of reasons. It should be the difference between ex-players joining and current players leaving because of a format switch. If more ex-players pledge to join than current players vow to leave, then its simple math. Not trying to rain on the dev's parade because it was all their idea after all.

As Bulby points out, the current player base should be your first priority, not ex-members. Do what we're comfortable with (and how do you know what that is without polling us???) *cough*

Del -

If you're still around resets won't scare you away admit it [;)]

EM -

That's really true what Del is saying. If you've been playing for a long while, or even if you're new, there's really not much detraction for having a global reset. Tribes die at a certain point anyway, so the whiney “but I worked so hard” excuse isn't very viable (unless you're a Donald Trump supporter, in which logic is not a priority). Competitive games always benefit from regular resets/restarts/blank slates.

And just to say, it makes me laugh to read Smokey and Bulby's posts.. because thats exactly what I used to say when Martel decided “Hey, so, we're not going to be having resets anymore” [8)]

Tiia -

If you're still around resets won't scare you away admit it

I'm still around - for now. I'll remain around after the reset but will be green. I'll log in every few days to keep my green tribe active in the hopes that this crazy blast-to-the-past gets reversed sooner rather than later. (unless the code changes, my green tribe will remain in game - unless someone manually moves it - as long as i don't go inactive for more than 2 weeks)
If you've been playing for a long while, or even if you're new, there's really not much detraction for having a global reset.

Obviously you've returned rather recently Mikey. We've had one global reset since infinity started (was a dead server issue) Global reset sucks - at least in the current infinity. And the biggest suck is that it takes about 18 weeks for the game to recover. I guess we'll just have see what the powers-that-be have come up with to counter the mass exit problems Martel was addressing when he first introduced infinity. We learned with Acwder's (failed) attempt at creating 'Orkfia classic' that the answer wasn't simply reintroducing resets.
Page 1 2