Forums

Age 74: Merging + Timings

Open Archived Jamzi opened this discussion on

Vo -

^^ Fail censor ^^ [:D]

Scumbag -

cheating

Vo -

There's been a bug. The first tick was actually at 18:00 ST.

Max said “we will just roll with it.”

Acwder -

Yeah check the bug tracker.

Scumbag -

why isn't that annoounced before in foruml???

Kelvin -

Sucks to perfect your strat and then get all taken away because the round starts one hour early! :P

Vo -

Yeah, we had a player get stuck with a race he was testing because he couldn't delete while exploring >.<

thedritpwnskkkk -

[up][up][up][up][up] THANKS MAX FOR MAKING GAME LIVE[up][up][up][up][up]

max -

I just wanna point out that I said the game would be unpaused at “18.00-ish”, which it was. Everyone just happened to get an extra update too [8)]

Scumbag -

19:00 IS 19:00... NOT 18:00

you must have a cheap watch. (Asean cheap fake import???)

Del -

Computers are the best clocks you can get. It was obviously an honest mistake, especially for such crazy game changes. Max is pro, but everyone misses little things sometimes. Especially when its just a game with 40-60 people [;)]

Scumbag -

Del, you are wrong..

server time is not equal as internet time...
at this moment about 11 seconds behind.

Del -

Ok. Most computers are good at math. Your browsers JS engine isn't as awesome and gets hiccuped by other system and browser based tasks... When have we ever trusted the exact second of ork clock. It's never been consistent even on a 500mbps connection with 10ms latency... [8)] (because your client is the bottle neck and it would take web sockets or something to fix that?)

Scumbag -

i play ork at work, at my home (fiberglass) and by phone... servertime/internet time are never the same
Page 1 2