Forums

Age 76 has started

Open Archived Jamzi opened this discussion on

Jamzi -

Good luck everyone!

Cecil -

little warning next time plz[8)]

Jamzi -

yeah, fair enough, I wasn't quite sure myself what was going on+when. I did update the announcement 75 age changes thread with a new post and also by editing the existing post more than 24hrs in advance of the age start but in hindsight that wasn't the best so point noted ;)

I'll aim to announce 24hrs+ in new thread and orkfia mail everyone next time and hopefully later in the year we will come with a smarter system that will be more uniform each time and less reliant on individuals.

rEdL|nE -

And also a bigger break between ages could be nicer :)

Jamzi -

how big a break? At the moment we aim for around 24-48hrs after age end depending on the schedule of Max and to a lesser extent me (mMx has to upload stuff and then he or I are able to start the age once that happens).

We had a break of around 5 days one age recently and then I had lots of whining so maybe it should be 2-3 days between?

rEdL|nE -

could be. We could also aim for automatic builds so that max isn't the only one that can update stuff ;)

what's the current setup?

Cecil -

Reintroduce the weeklong freebie age with the insta update button?

DaBoss -

They gave warning, but it was an edit to the Age 76 changes topic. In the future I think an announcement with specifically when the age will start will help. Or maybe a countdown up at the top, similar to when the age ends, a countdown to when the age begins.

Cecil -

12 hour email is all I'd need

Del -

[up]

rEdL|nE -

I really mean it here - if you guys need help with the deployment I'd gladly help
Page 1