Forums

Jumping Grasshoppers

Open Archived Jamzi opened this discussion on

Jamzi -

Aaarrrrgh I am so itchy. Bugs EVERYWHERE! Also it's weird, I was skipping along in the meadow earlier, enjoying some Autumn sunshine when suddenly a giant shadow cast over me and that shadow looked like a giant grasshopper! I hadn't even been drinking (yet).

Anyway, it reminded me of this one time when the lands of Orkfia were terrorised by a giant Grasshopper monster tribe. It sent a plague of locusts to attack people and LnO made an exception to the rules so all Orkfians could band together to kill the Monster, this is because it was too fearsome for one alliance alone to take on. You can see the remains of the beast in alliance #666 where there is also a plaque to commemorate the heroic tribe leader Bloodball who laid the killing blow.

More info to follow - if anyone spots it please let us know!

p.s. Happy Halloween

bloodball -

yar!

dagyrox -

i am so confused....

FracturedButWhol -

Tribe #12. Kill it i guess?

Jamzi -

Co-op rules are suspended for this evil beast only, so the whole of Orkfia can work together, share intel and ops on the grasshorror (but not on any other tribe).

I heard that the monster will be targeting every tribe in the game, hopefully it won't kill anyone but no promises, not like it's a pet or anything, this is a wild animal here people! It's probably best if you work together to kill it but if that isn't motivation enough then the Grasshorror Slayer will receive some kind of recognition for services to Orkfia whether it's being immortalised in a crappy banner like Bloodball got put up in #666 in his honour (sorry BB, times were hard!!) or actual goods for the alliance market at the start of next age has not been decided yet but at the very least you will have the honour of being henceforth known as the (second) Slayer!

KILL THE GRASSHOPPER MONSTER IN ALLIANCE #12 MAKE IT DIEEEEEEEEEEE!

clearer?[evilgrin]

Jamzi -

p.s. the lovely (and quite evil) Michele has made this great thread if you would like to participate in this event [up]: http://alliancesatwar.com/forums/game/733049/grasshorror-12-intel-sharing/

bloodball -

I love to be the first and second killer but, we first need to grow to a certain size to be effective =]

Forrest Trump -

*chirp chirp* I slay all you! RRRrraaarrrghh

Jamzi -

This grasshopper is a menace. We are thinking of offering a bounty reward to the alliance that does the most damage to it or the tribe that lays the killing blow (or both).

What do you guys think.

Our proposal is that the Alliance that does most damage starts with 40 mil cr unaccounted for next age? Second most 25, third most 15 It would decay over time, so it wouldn't be a permanent advantage. Or it could be soldiers instead.. of course that alli would still need market creds in order to buy the goods and they would have to repay the goods later in the age to avoid a broken market but it could be nice age-start advantage to play for? We are limited by staff tools (which allow us to mess with the market but not much else eg. not fame).

dagyrox -

Announce something official asap, so my alliance and I can make a decision to join in the fight or play on as though the grasshopper means nothing. Thanks.

I agree with proposal, except, I think that the bounty should be starting resources split among all in the alliance at the time of age end.

rEdL|nE -

Jamzi that's retarded. One should plan for this age and not for the next. I strongly oppose your suggestion!

Jamzi -

OK, I will not be issuing a prize since it's quite a lot of hassle for staff to do counting through the tribe news and since no one so far seems that keen then that makes me think.. why bother :) The Grasshopper will likely kill a few orkfians if it's alive the whole age though (i guess) as it's pretty powerful., it's up to you all whether you take that risk or work together to kill it, it doesn't matter either way to me. We may release some info like verification of who laid the killing blow afterwards /stats if people are interested but that will be up to the other staff as I won't be here. Cheers :)

Michele -

Noo jamzi! Me wants an incentive [;)] wpuld love stats at the end. A nice graph would be good to *hint*

[heart][up]

GEOM -

Its going to be a rough age.... scary monster on the loose

rEdL|nE -

counting through the tribe news? aren't tribe news strings? can anyone use a terminal. look, I'll help: open a terminal and type man grep into it, then with the help of awk, sed & wc you can count easily :P

Jamzi, you suggested something silly and now you're the one getting pissed off.

dagyrox -

What the heck, I love the idea, and we are changing our strategy to work more inline with this idea. Can't change mid age, I won't allow. Although, it would have been nice to have had a heads up about this before the age started.

Sanzo -

Just give it like 100k fame and let people get rewarded through fame gain

dagyrox -

That's a start.

Michele -

Lol daggy pretty sure we would be famous if that happened ;)

Master Bra'tac -

I quite like this. It should actually be more powerful so every Alliance has to come together to kill it or we all get ruined. It would be nice to have a new dimension to the game
Page 1