Forums

Age 18 News, Owl & Rept Hai

Closed Archived Martel opened this discussion on

Martel -

Frayed -

congrats to Joe and Guran those races sound pretty awesome.

Player 2 -

I know what race I'm going after I die. :)

btw: Spelling error

* Enemies loose their 15% raw defence bonus against raids

should be one o.

:)

Elomgated -

oh you are just too good for us player 2

Michele -

this should be fun..

Jamzi -

well done to everyone concerned with rolling these out so fast! Can't wait to see how they spice up the game!

Player 2 -

Flobby, your just too dobby. :)

Mu -

Should be 'you're too dobby.' ;)

bloodball -

no i am waiting for the giant moths =p

Smithy -

1 Question the Rept Hai can you have two armies attack the same target in the same update or does it have to be two different updates or targets?

Also are any races being removed?

ChaNCe -

okay first of all let me say.. there will be alot of imbalance complaints when it comes to Rept Hai, so there will be alot of balance issues there.

Btw, those Rept Hai elites are insanely cheap, through my perspective [Mori Elites are 4/5 650cr] now we get [Rept Hai 8/2 650cr] something aint right there :P

Dev - Joe -

Lol. Red Drags are 50/15 for 1350 crowns :)

Anyway, Mori's run 45% homes, giving them loads of citz/income. Add to that their permanent tp power and they make a decent overall thief/explorer/attacker. They are very versatile.

Rept Hai will be low on citz at all times due to their not very effective defspec (6 def only). Off is cheap to counter that a bit (less than 8 off would make the race run out of citz probably). You'll have to gamble often hoping to not get hit because of your killingbonus on the defspec, but you can't count on it forever surely :)
/edit: and Rept Hai can be used to 1 thing really: attacking, with a specialty of raidkilling. Eventually they can make a medium mage at the same time.

Mincho -

you must be fucking kidding me

NEW RACE
FUCK just BALANCE the existing ones
so much unplayable races... instead of making new ones just FIX the existing...

Edit:
URUK HAI
DWARF
NAZGUL
WOOF ELF

what do we do these races? throw them in the garbage, let's have plenty of 2-3-4 races only and the rest just to stay as a "portfolio" - WE HAVE RACES...just none plays them cause they suck, so the basic range of an average player who wants to have fun really shortens...

edit2:

you've lost me as a supporter already
sorry for the attitude, really pissed

those ppl who were thinking of new races seemed they got bored of old ones and didn't thought of reconsidering and rebalancing them. BALANCE? As we say here - some are far more balanced than others...

Mentally Unstable -

Wood Elves are fun just the way they are, maybe add the thievery/citizen bonus back but they are still very fun =)

Sloop -

i agree with Mincho. we need to see the exsiting races fixed before even considering new ones. I personally belive that we need more races in the game. Also the new rept hai is so jacked, i don't know what everyone thinks but 2x the attacks 8/2 for 650cr so cheap. It wouldn't take long for someone who knows how to play to get huge. Thats not even to mention there ability to prevent a 15% defence bonus on raids, and also 4x the loss on attackers elites when attacking a rept hai. These gives them an even better bonus to grow fast without even having much DPA. I know i couldn't hit a rept hai all game losing 4x my military. I belive you need to rethink this race guys...

rEdL|nE -

Like I said on all the threads i've seen Rept Hai...it's basicly unplayable...too low on citz...

p.s. I don't agree with Mincho tho some races should be balanced, but new races have their charm.

vre dragher -

the owls are realy powerfull, thiefdefence, so all thief, with alot of HO the xx.59.59 arson iskilling. only downside is that they get hunted before the tick. but with no loss on thiefs and 1 hr returntime. think it will be like 80% owl races next age:(

Smithy -

I disagree aswell. Frankly all the races are playable with the right players.

And will someone answer my question from yesterday :P

Mincho -

end of discussion, would prove you wrong all of you defending the new races...

HaRRy -

smithy, can be in different updates on different targets.
To Mincho, we will rebalance some old races but we also want some new races before we remove others again.

Sloop -

can you please try and revive the dwarfs!

Iluros -

I'm curious at what point the older races are going to be balanced. I'll be posting some changes in my thread with the new races in mind

I will say that these new races are still good to implement because they explore new territories in design that none of the older races did. But the old races do need to be balanced pretty badly.

Smithy -

@Harry

I had assumed that bit but is it to allow 2 attacks on one target at the same time?

Dev - Joe -

You can attack in any way you like at any tribe you like (that is not in your alli) with each of your generals :p
The Rept Hai are cheap with a reason. Their defence is inefficient and therefore they can pretty easily be t/m killed their whole life.

+ we need races that run low defence as strategy to get more acres into the game and make attackers life better (the game is too stagnant in my opinion)

Elvis -

@Mincho

Yes, New Fucking Races...

No, Noone's fucking kidding with you ;p

Jamzi -

you know what... if you're pissed off about it then get off your arse and put in some work yourself. Those who have worked on the new races.. creating them and implementing the code/testing have put in their own free time for nothing so if you can do a better job be my guest..

Personally i'm gonna be trying Rept Hai and I was getting a bit bored so it's just the incentive i need to keep playing :)
Page 1 2