Forums

CRASH

Open Archived robokop opened this discussion on

robokop -

Should have backups of 2 or 3 days instead of 2 weeks if the servers have that kind of options. [8)][8)][:p]

I had daily backups onsite (these got lost in the crash) and daily backups to a server in my home, but I moved 2 weeks ago and hadn't yet set everything up correctly again, and of course the evil spirits know of that and make the crash happen :S

Burning -

There should also be a LIKE ( [up] ) button in here! [evilgrin] lol

WayHigh -

i was at 2900 at 32 age now im 500 acrs mas reset would be good

Cecil -

im ok either way,i die and reset 2 tics after it restarts anyway.lol

Jamzi -

I don't mind whether we reset or not. Thanks Robokop for using your spare time for free to fix it and yes crap like this always happens at the worst time (like when you just moved house and prefer to use your free time on other stuff than fixing orkfia for everyone for no pay).

At least this kind of thing is rare now which is why we were all so surprised, with the old management/coding this was a usual thing years ago so we should be glad for small mercies ;)

Burning -

I agree with Ms. Jamzi. although i'm not an old player here, but i can see it myself how stable this game is since it existed for several years now. (not to mention it's been free ever since it was played)

i know mostly of you feel wronged and unfair to have a reset but, don't you find it exciting? through that, we could see who really is the most competitive alliance in the game. also, isn't it funny when we, the top alliance, first in rankings (fame, land, strength and kill) are the ones who totally agrees on a mass reset specially when we are the one who have the most to lose here? (i'm not being full or confident but this age, we dominate the rankings anyway)

let's just have fun and wait what happens next then. [:D] [up]

Lord Saggy -

Take it back to global reset every 6 weeks then? Can I get a Kah-lassic Rebirth, anyone?

Kelvin -

[up]

Kyouharu -

of course the evil spirits know of that and make the crash happen

Blame the evil spirits for the crash!! Somebody find an exorcist to cast the evil spirits away!! lol..[:p][:p]

robokop, take your time fixing the servers up, no need to rush things up. We support you from here. [up][up][:D][:D]

Jamzi -

ooh yeah[up]

Bolle -

i was at 2900 at 32 age now im 500 acrs mas reset would be good

Good to hear I'm not the only one, my draggie tribe weathered at least 5 kill attempts and now I'm back where I started! [:D]

And I lost me a member, he's probably in the graveyard again.. need a necromancer.

Darkwing -

reset would be ok. [up]

Tommies -

Reset would be nice....went from 18.5k to 7.3k.....dont think i can grow back unnoticed[up]

tolyakarpov -

Reset is fine..as long as we can back to the game

tolyakarpov -

Bolle it crash when we are the top alliance hehe

Corian01 -

old ways!

H3 -

Reset.com

Kelvin -

isitfriday.org

Twinnie -

labor day week end!

lets start after lol

Kelvin -

With that I mean, lets just sit back and relax and hope for a complete reset...after the weekend that is :P

Hardar -

So we have 3 options:
- start with current state
- mass reset
- wait for robokop to be able to restore last backup (if doable)

I don't Know what is the best solution. But the longer the game will be paused the bigger the risk is to lose some players, which can be a pretty bad thing with so few players.

Twinnie -

i dont rly mind either but it seems we have an overwhelming majority over the reset

also i think someone should send a PM to all tribes explaining the situation. Non major allis players may have no idea whats going on

Corian01 -

not PM, the admins have our private mails (our an a history list of players emails)... send that email to hell everyone and maybe with a mass reset we get some players back... Power to tha´people!

Jamzi -

I like Corian's idea (as long as someone other than robokop does that mail since he has better things to do :D ) Hell I will do that mail if someone gives me the email addresses.

robokop -

Quote: Hardar
So we have 3 options:
- start with current state
- mass reset
- wait for robokop to be able to restore last backup (if doable)

Third option is not available, there are no later db backups than the one currently restored
Page 1 2 3 4