Forums

Age 73 Changes and beyond

Open Archived Jamzi opened this discussion on

Bolle -

I'd like it noted here that Acwder's attempt failed because the lack of players required 6-player alliances.

As far as mass exit problems go, the game went from roughly 53 to 83 players after the reset plan was announced. Regardless of your opinion on resets, a mass exit seems to be the least of our worries. Attracting enough players, now, that's a big worry.

Tiia -

Attracting enough players, now, that's a big worry.

I agree 100%. What I don't agree with is this backward step in an attempt to accomplish said attraction. Hopefully my fear is unfounded - or at the very least current administration doesn't wait too long to make a forward step and undo any mistake.

EM -

Trump Supporter Sweets said:

Obviously you've returned rather recently Mikey.

I'm never really gone :P I just very rarely go under the name EM unless I want to.

Bolle -

I've solved it. You're Sanzo.

Del -

Data seems to support the decision [up]

Acwder -

Regarding Orkfia Classic,

When it came to recruiting players, 99% of it were old players coming back for a few ages. There has always been an issue for the orkfian universe to recruit new players. To be frank, it mostly comes down to money.

It will always be an uphill struggle when everything is done for free on ppls free time and no money is spent on recruiting.

Note that it wasn't really solved with the infinity solution either. I think it more comes down to how to enable the game to be played both casual and competitive. Infinity tried to mend that but that only affected a small portion of it.

For example: New players who stay offline for two days or so still end up on the list over resource farms, followed by getting raided to death.

Things like that will continue to make new players frustrated.

Kovenant -

Things like target finder and reaource farms make it all too easy.
In old days if you found a raid target you told the alliance and raided untill dead.
Target finding does all the work for you..

Working with calculator besides you and opponing everyone to find good targets and raid targets was the fun. Even if you did it for others..

Sanzo -

ive been around since 2003 and they had the target finder back then. i dont know when the resource farm list was added

what they didnt have was bribe accountant

Blind -

No but I think you could see the target's ressources with Fly Over? :o

Ressource Farm been there for a long time for sure :D

Acwder -

Ressource Farm been there for a long time for sure :D

Yes it has, but did we have 18% of the player base on it back then?

I'm just saying that resets is such a small part of the things effecting the game for new players.

I could even argue that the infinity concept was worse for new players then having resets. During the infinity concept there is always someone with ton of DPA/OPA keeping you down if you are new. During set ages with resets you'll only have part of the age with ppl waiting for you above with way more DPA/OPA then yourself.

In the end it will not matter if the game has infinity or classic settings regarding ages, new players will stay depending on how easy it is for them to start playing and how enjoyable the transition is going from newbie to experienced player.

For example:

The current “Click here to start” gives you no knowledge about what does what, suddenly you just have stuff, 30% homes? why? I doesn't mean anything for a new player.

At the same time, starting as a new player with resets and 48 hour OOP is devestating if no one is there to help.

It's tricky to find a good balance that encourages new players to stick around.

Sanzo -

We should have perks and rewards, plus an option to buy boosts (like $1 for 24h of +1/+1 leets)
The current generation of players like this I guess [8)]

What acwder says about 30% homes is correct. It is difficult for people to work around the %'s and just accept that a certain % is good with no real reason why.
This is why I favor spells and ops being unlocked with certain MLs or size requirements. Without thresholds, people would just fail 100/100 DMs cause they have an insufficient ML. It really puts a tremendous burden on the existing core players to explain everything

Reyes -

that option to buy boosts would be cool but then wouldnt that affect the cost of training? if it was too cheap people might over abuse it and just spend money the whole time and have strong defence offence ect but if its too expensive no one would buy it ect but in saying that something like that could be used to fund orkfia ?

When i first started playing a few years ago i had tonnes of trouble working out percentages for homes ect the way i worked and and i was usually close was 10 homes per 1% ect now days i usually look at farms as im always running 7-10% and i deduct or add however many buildings i need to make up the percentage.. if that makes sense[up][:D]

Sanzo -

I think we can all agree the most annoying part of this game is having to use a calculator for every-god-damn-thing

[WOME] Istari -

Sadly for me running the calculations is the part I can sink my teeth into. On the long waits between updates, working out formulas and planning is the real fun part.

Del -

Sanzo you could just guesstimate [;)] - also your point about explaining everything is spot on, man.

hardar -

Sanzo, 11 hours ago

I think we can all agree the most annoying part of this game is having to use a calculator for every-god-damn-thing

That's the best part [cry]
Rest is just pressing button on time.

Bulby -

per Bolles suggestion that we jumped from 53 players to 83... i think the number is skewed abit... i think the thing that brought some people back is mass emailings... the unfortunate thing is of the 30 new players... 25 are now on resource list for inactivity... my prediction is that some will stay because of resets and some will leave...we will be back to a real number of about 53 players
Page 1 2