Forums

Age 50 changes

Closed Archived Bolle opened this discussion on

Taub -

yeah or a dwarf with a rainbow build (e.g. all buildings below 10%)

and the rule was not that hard imo

just 2 formula's and a which-ever is highest

still no correct arguments yet[:s]

Bolle -

No, balrog and dwarf will simply be slightly harder to kill than they are now.

This might eventually lead to reducing Balrog's off/def specs to 13/0 and 0/13 like they used to be. We'll have to see how killable they are.

Dwarves might be a nastier scenario, but we'll have to see about that as well.

h3artless -

Like the changes [up]

Thanks for sorting PW[up]

Pollito -

You would say that [:p]

Taub -

yeah everyone can safely run around again without any thievedef

mazja -

Starting military has been updated for Rept Hai, Dragon and Owl.

I didnt see mention on owl, what does this mean exactly?

Old guy -

would someone explain why PW was so bad?

Why would someone poison water now when you can just arson or something more deadly? Now it can just be used to kill citz when the tribe is close to 0.

Here are somethings I thought about:

How many tribes were starved to death?
I can tell you this is maybe 1 tribe as it was pointed out it takes about 20 hours to actually starve to death. The other death due to starvation was a dragon that took a few raids and fbs as well.

How do you kill dragons if you cant make them starve and then raid and fb?

When tribes ran minimal ghs (15%) it took 3 thieves in WM to take out all of the opponents farms. Doesnt that make sense? This wont kill you, so three tribes oping should be able to take out all farms. Now I am assuming it will take more, which is a lot for a 12 person alliance.
2nd a tribe with no thief defense should have to worry about losing something like farms promotes people running ghs
You want to make killing harder so make mages run thief def so they cant just run pure mage.

Just some thoughts

Bolle -

I didnt see mention on owl, what does this mean exactly?

Owl still received a full-thief military when you started as one at 500 acres (it dates back to 0/6 thieves). I've changed it to something like 50/50 defspecs/thieves because so many 0/4 thieves so early actually costs the owls money because you receive double taxes at that size.

xiannic -

T/M is indeed weaker out of war - that is intentional. In war however it's more powerful than ever, we've all seen alliances kill multiple tribes in one tick by working together - this is a game of teamwork. The intention is, tribes are no longer constrained by size so in wars the smaller tribes can have an impact in taking down the enemy without artificial barriers in place.

There are a lot of things changed that may well have broken, but when you deal with a lot of changes that impact gameplay so heavily that is inevitable. What we ask of you as players is to feedback your experience, and if certain ops are deemed as under/overpowered we can deal with those on thier own - it does not mean the entire system is broken.

AgmAr -

Didn't have enough time to change the War system, will definately make it into Age 51.

We'll be starting taking feedback for Age 51 shortly, so be sure to use the Suggestions forum!

Sonix -

I don't see how it's become harder to kill as a t/m. Like bolle said, a tribe will usually be dead before it reaches 10% homes (exceptions obviously dwarves and balrogs).

Cecil -

actually, if a dwarf is running 10% homes theyre likely dead

Taub -

@ Sonix, this makes me wonder up to which level you understand the different killing methods, game mechanics (and basic math)

Bolle's level of understanding is also not up to par. So that can't be used as an “argument of authority” either.

The game has become harder for t/m's, thats a 100% fact. Read again, think again, only thing i can add to that if you dont see it.

hardar -

actually, if a dwarf is running 10% homes theyre likely dead

Actually, a dwarf running 10% homes is impossible.

Sanzo -

hacker dwarf [:p]

Lord Saggy -

I run say, between 10-15% homes as a Dwarf when I'm exploring. But when I go into WM I increase to 25% so I get more weaponries per citizen, allowing my thieves more acres per gain, and enabling me to be more space efficient, due to my mana regenerating at a lower rate. I would like to bleep bloop bing bla bla short shirt mini skirt etc etc for the integral of y^sin(j) find f(x);

On another note, I like the new War System. And the multiple alliances in wars. Now if me and my buddy had 10 more tribes [:D] hehe

-Oh, btw, will there be a size limit on the Alliance Size for initiating Wars? Say;
From a massive alliance - as it stands, #24 at 63,000 acres
To a smaller alliance - as it stands, #16 at 39,000 acres

Will this trigger #24 to declare on #16 in accordance to the Auto-Warring Feature being implemented soon?

And also, will auto-war for repetitively aggressive attacks from an alliance of 12 tribes to an alliance with say 4 tribes, occur?

Taub -

dwarf cant run homes?

Lord Saggy -

The first section of my post is incoherent ramblings ;)

No, Dwarves cannot build homes.

Sanzo -

Dragons should be compensated.

Either more units or market credits.

Bolle -

@Taub, my lack of expertise is widely known. Luckily my fresh mind more than compensates [;)]

Dragons will be compensated with crowns in their market (and added to their record): 118.75*no._of_defspecs. So if you run 10k defspecs you receive 1187500 crowns.

118.75 is arrived at by taking the loss of defense, 5/40=0.125, and then multiply that with the unit cost, 0.125*950=118.75.

xiannic -

Taub: I can only assume you are trolling.

There is no-one that has a better understanding of the games mechanics than Bolle - I may not always agree with him on some changes and their effectiveness, but to say his understanding is not up to par is just plain ignorant.

Pollito -

Im just glad, you guys don't Clip off our Wings...

Hoot!

xiannic -

That would be mean, you guys had the best theme this age, owl be looking out for more puns [:D]

h3artless -

Lol @ Taub

Teenager not getting his way?

Can you all just agree to disagree?

Pollito -

[:o] if anything you guys should have given us Owls more buffs [evilgrin]

can I get a Hoot, Hoot?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6