Age 51 changes

Closed Archived Bolle opened this discussion on

Bolle -

Age 51 changes

War

Removed:
Bonus on kill during war.
Size penalties on magic and thievery
Maximum ML based on acres/100. There is no maximum ML!
Size caps on thief operation availability (size requirements for thievery ops)
Thieves to send based on opponents' total acres

Added:
Hostility – measures relationships with other alliances. High hostility will eventually lead to war.
Power – measures your progress in war and also counts towards the power rankings.
Power rankings – your amount of power determines your alliance's ranking in Alliances at War!
New war rules – No instant surrender, no truce, multiple wars possible, closest to victory wins when war time expires.
Global damage modifier – Damage is halved out of war but goes up to normal damage upon war declaration within 10 hours.
T/M modifier – The bigger you are, the more thievery points and mana points your guilds will hold.
Diplomacy – new operation which tells you how hostile you are towards the target alliance.

The intention of the system is that it functions invisibly. Basically, the new situation is that your acts in-game will cause wars, and that your acts in wars – not just your kills and grabs – determine who wins.

The new war system has been tested extensively on Dev. Pretty much none of the numbers stated in the extended explanation topic are the original numbers; almost all numbers have been changed at one point or another in view of new calculations or insights. But of course it is likely that there will still be bugs here and there.

For the extended explanation, see here

Spells

Wrath of Cyclops → Difficulty increased, and now destroys 1% walls instead of 1.5%.
Mystical Rust → Difficulty increased, and now destroys 1% weaponries instead of 1.5%.
Rupture → Now destroys 2% bastions instead of 1.25%.
Dragon Mage → Damage modifiers removed; DM will now be as destructive when the caster is small as when he/she is big. Now destroys 1% of homes and farms. No longer destroys guilds, hideouts and academies.
Earthquake → Slightly more difficult to cast. Now destroys 1% guilds/hideouts/academies instead of homes.
Fireball → Damage modifiers removed; fireball will now be as destructive when the caster is small as when he/she is big. Fireball has become slightly more difficult to cast. Fireball now kills 1% citizens instead of 0.75%.
Meteor Storm → Difficulty increased. Now destroys 1.5% labs and barracks instead of 1.25%.

The revolutionary Dragon Mage change is done to balance the power it yields in wars. Otherwise mages would yield twice as much power as thieves.

Race changes

Mori Hai

Removed: Intel ops do not require thievery plans

Ogre 5/4 825 cr --> 750 cr

Undead

Trait added: Kills twice as many citizens on raids. Does not affect minimum citizens killed.

Spirit

Added: Failed intel ops do not show up in the target's tribe news.
Removed: All failed ops don't show up.

Dragon

Remove trait: -25% citz killed by Raid, Fireball and Poison Water.

Invasions

Hit'n'Run
Half of the military killed is described as a special effect. There is no actual increase in damage. This change has purely been made to allow for an easy way to make Hit'n'Run count in war. Additionally, it looks cool.

Pillage
Remove: Cannot be used against a tribe less than 70% of your size if that tribe is below 2000 acres.

Changes won't be uploaded right on age end. People will have time to read and think about the changes. To give an estimate I'd say the age will start on Sunday.

Quick fixes after age start

Exploring an acre yields (250/your_size) hostility --> Exploring an acre yields 0.1 or (200/your_size) hostility, whichever is lower.

Canadi@n -

nvm im not getting into it

Sonix -

=o don't go changing you posts so quickly. If you won't get into it then I won't either.

Canadi@n -

yea i talked too early my bad...pulled a read the top line and open my mouth before thinking [:p]

Canadi@n -

btw this is going to make the game way more entertaining [;)] Should add in some sort of pm system also you can check the boxes.

check the box that best describes your message

1.Happy (will reduce hostility)
2.General(nothing with happen)
3.extremely angry (will more then likely lead to a war)

dumahz -

Won't these changes make attackers at a crazy disadvantage in war? T/M have no limits on mage level and thief ops plus damage.... attackers can't attack 5,000 acre tribes at 500 like T/M

I guess you could go mage at 500, but kinda silly vs a DE lol

Bolle -

We kinda doubt that. What's more, attackers will have a much easier time growing now that they can't be killed anymore due to the 0.5 OOW dmg modifier.

--> we think attackers will deal a lot of damage in-war (power-wise) making them primary targets.

for explorer freaks: you still have the income advantage.

dumahz -

Alright, we shall see how it goes then

Darkwing -

Even if you remove the limitations on attackers......I don't see how a 500 acre tribe can attack a 3000 acre tribe. Unless of course the 3K acre tribe has no def. [:D] Though I have seen a 3K tribe seen attack a 6.5K one...... [;)]

Jolten -

Kinda seems to favor CD really.

Malystryx -

i wouldnt want to make any judgement now.. but the changes are really exciting! i bet it is gonna make the game way more entertaining than it is currently.

Smokey -

May we see the formula for MP generation?

Just A Shadow -

no discussing changes...oh wait only i am not allowed to sorry aghmar thought i was helping you out.

mazja -

Smokey

Size modifier on mana/thievery The new war system puts a great emphasis on war. In order to reward growing on the one hand and limit 500 acre ninja's on the other hand, we have changed the formula for maximum mana and thievery:

MP = Guilds * x
TP = Hideouts * (0.5+x)
if size <=2000, x = (size+1000)/3000
if size >2000, x = log4(size/500)

Basically, this means that you'll have half the usual mana at 500 acres, the usual mana at 2000 (though the % of guilds you run doesn't increase your mana anymore!), and twice as much mana at 8000... and thrice as much at 32000. As for hideouts, you'll have TP equal to your number of hideouts at 500 acres, 1.5 times your hideouts in tp at 2000 acres, 2.5 times your hideouts in tp at 8000 acres and 3.5 times your hideouts in tp at 32000 acres.

This with rest is in gametalk

d0nc35 -

lets try the multiple war system [up]

VorteX -

I criticize as well as praise - well done for the overhauled war system. Coupled with an extensive modification of the fame system (hopefully soon enough), I'm looking forward to seeing how the game will evolve now

Bolle -

Note that fame is gained on war win while it's not lost by the losers. This means more fame is generated which makes the pop bonus more worthwhile.

It might actually turn out to be a bit overpowered. Then we might tweak the DM/Arson mana cost as well as (maybe) the current size modifier on mp/tp to make it more feasible.

But yes, currently it's just a raw citz boost.

robokop -

if attackers are too strong indeed we will see a shift in the standard dpa people run, instead of the 300ish now up to 350 or even 400, and that will be better achievable with higher fames aswell

Bolle -

I'm not sure yet how things will evolve, but I do know for sure that we've got a lot of tools with these changes which we can use quite easily to tweak a bit here and there.

--> In the past three ages attackers have received slight improvements in efficiency and traits while explorers received slight cost increases and reduced exploration costs. We might have to reverse part of that but, again, that remains to be seen.

--> There is still a tax bonus on citizens below 2000. I would like to remove that but it would be a change very much in favour of attackers (they can start being attacker much sooner without losing out on cash), and as we expect attackers to be the better ones to come out of these changes I didn't mess with it just yet.

CBeast -

Nvm, just found the detailed post

Joe -

Yes for the FB, no for the poison. And probably destroying acres would be more efficient than casting FBs generally.

Gain power

Land
Grabbing an acre yields 1 power.
Destroying a building yields 1 power.

Kills
Killing a tribe yields target_acres/2 power
Killing military yields (offpoints+defpoints)/55 power.
Killing a thief yields 1/100 power.
Killing a soldier yields 1/200 power.
Killing a citizen on a raid yields 1/250 power.

Other
3 power per successful Fireball.
6 power per Magical Void, ES and Winds of Distress.

Canadi@n -

so now a fireball gives more power then destroying a home? unless you essentially kill the tribe.

Joe -

Yes. A single DM tends to destroy more than 1 building though.

Dragon Mage → Damage modifiers removed; DM will now be as destructive when the caster is small as when he/she is big. Now destroys 1% of homes and farms. No longer destroys guilds, hideouts and academies.
Fireball → Damage modifiers removed; fireball will now be as destructive when the caster is small as when he/she is big. Fireball has become slightly more difficult to cast. Fireball now kills 1% citizens instead of 0.75%.

Jolten -

Question.. Earthquake is that 1% total divided evenly or 1% each?

Bolle -

1% each, and it might be too good [;)]

Jolten -

Yea I'm thinking so.
Page 1 2 3 4